CBS record. (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

I see that the Girlie football has now got the record sporting attendance at the CBS 31,000 odd.

pusbccfc

Seems the new capacity of 33,200 ish is correct.

Flying Fokker

I saw it. It looked more like the Gillingham game of years ago. 28-29? That is of course accepting that there was no segregation.

looking at the second game. Some of the large spaces that were in the first game are now occupied. The missing people from the first game?

Last edited:

Ash

Were there actually trains running but just poorly managed? We always get told they couldn’t possibly run trains for CCFC games!

Flying Fokker

The expanse of Sky Blue is
I guess that's one way to encourage people not to come back to the city for future events
Agreed, poor PR for the city. Even though ppl took the risk, it is a pity it was enforced. I bet a fair few were oblivious to the parking restrictions.

rexo87

Apparently it was an absolute shit show
Getting back after the Luton game was an absolute shambles and completely unsafe on the 5.50 train so can only imagine what it was like with 32k there

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Getting back after the Luton game was an absolute shambles and completely unsafe on the 5.50 train so can only imagine what it was like with 32k there

I've found it reasonable on the way to the games a fair few hours before but dare not try it after.

pusbccfc

Were there actually trains running but just poorly managed? We always get told they couldn’t possibly run trains for CCFC games!

They always run but just the one per hour. They improved the train stock just before Covid from the old cattle carts. I have got the train from town to the stadium a few times recently but it's always extremely busy. It's a real shame because it's a great experience and something I wish one day would be sorted. I had a drink with a mate in Leamington and was in my seat in Singers Corner in 15 minutes.

skyblue1991

Regarding train travel to the CBS, London Midland (the name of the franchise at the time) said to the council they couldn't increase the size or frequency of their fleet when the council proposed the idea. Of course the council proceeded anyway regardless and they seemed surprised when London Midland didn't budge on what they said...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Julie SBA

I love the fact that the women's game if finally getting proper support. I do find it a little bit over the top how much propaganda there is around it. whether its 3000, 30000 or 300000 stop going on about it, typically the commentators on these games (I didn't watch) keep on telling us, how many people, how great the atmosphere is etc etc. I flicked through the channels to have a quick look and there were lots of empty seats on the corporate side, didn't look like a record attendance to me. BUT if it clears the parasites off a CBS record list, brilliant !!

letsallsingtogether

Record revenues for the council too. Missus just walked back from the game and there was a ticket on just about every car she saw. Vultures.
Good they block peoples drives with no care deserve what they get.
I park on a drive in Bedlam lane cant get put half of the time because of those twats.
should double the fine.

Stafford_SkBlue

Accident waiting to happen. I only caught it once towards Cov, after the Blackpool game, I think they were stopping any more going on the platform, but they only walked to end of platform and climbed the fence. I now go to Nuneaton and catch my other train there, after the Luton game someone crossed the rail tracks but then could not climb the fence, he looked fairly elderly so maybe dementia problem rather then anything else. The authorities were alerted.

theferret

Good they block peoples drives with no care deserve what they get.
I park on a drive in Bedlam lane cant get put half of the time because of those twats.
should double the fine.

These were likely first time visitors who were not aware of restrictions parking on semi-deserted residential streets not causing any obstruction. This was a cash grab pure and simple. Some tickets were on cars 3/4 of a mile from the ground. The parking restrictions are excessive and illogical.

Last edited:

Grendel

Oh behave. These were likely first time visitors who were not aware of restrictions parking on semi-deserted residential streets not causing any obstruction. This was a cash grab pure and simple. Some tickets were on cars 3/4 of a mile from the ground. The parking restrictions are excessive and illogical.

Although I’m not in favour they are well signed I think

covcity4life

Good for them

P.s I got praised by a student's parent for embracing the women's game at parents evening recently

Yes I am bigging myself up lol

letsallsingtogether

These were likely first time visitors who were not aware of restrictions parking on semi-deserted residential streets not causing any obstruction. This was a cash grab pure and simple. Some tickets were on cars 3/4 of a mile from the ground. The parking restrictions are excessive and illogical.
Oh ok so when I go to away days I should ignore parking restrictions because Im a first time visitor.
I have took the risk before and had to pay the fines comes with the territory.
As for not causing obstructions I beg to differ.

theferret

Oh ok so when I go to away days I should ignore parking restrictions because Im a first time visitor.
I have took the risk before and had to pay the fines comes with the territory.
As for not causing obstructions I beg to differ.

I'm simply saying this was about making money, which it was. They were ticketing cars on Ash Green Lane. They never do that for the football, ever. I know, it's where I live. It's a 20 min walk minimum from the ground and there were no issues or obstructions. There were very few cars anyway and signs easy to miss. It was simply a case of loads of out of towners are coming, let's target them, police the entire exclusion zone to its ridiculous maximum and ruin the day of people who thought it might be ok to park a mile from the stadium on an empty street and walk.

I get that you are happy with this, fine, but it doesn't change the fact it was blatant opportunism.

Users who are viewing this thread