CBS record. (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

I'm simply saying this was about making money, which it was. They were ticketing cars on Ash Green Lane. They never do that for the football, ever. I know, it's where I live. It's a 20 min walk minimum from the ground and there were no issues or obstructions. There were very few cars anyway and signs easy to miss. It was simply a case of loads of out of towners are coming, let's target them, police the entire exclusion zone to its ridiculous maximum and ruin the day of people who thought it might be ok to park a mile from the stadium on an empty street and walk.

I get that you are happy with this, fine, but it doesn't change the fact it was blatant opportunism.
Of course it's about making money but they only make money if people are stupid enough to ignore the signs. Every game there are people ticketed on Bedlum lane one car is a regular obviously doesnt care.
As for the signs there must be at least 50 of them that's a lame excuse.
Went to the Reading game a few seasons ago got there late parked in the exclusion zone and got a ticket with about 10 others, I was willing to take the risk to get to the game for kick off got caught, no one to blame bar myself.
BTW I'm no supporter of this council have never voted any of them in.

Hertsccfc

I always park in a car park so it's never been an issue, but where exactly does the exclusion zone apply to?

theferret

I always park in a car park so it's never been an issue, but where exactly does the exclusion zone apply to?

It's enormous and completely illogical (it is a 2 mile exclusion zone). Apparently though, we should all be slaves to the system and not question this because it's "ze law". And if you do it's "yeah but wot about bedlam lane". From Bedlam Lane you can see the ground ffs - of course you should be conscious of parking restrictions there. I'm talking about the edge of Kersley and Wood End (yep, it stretches that far). And there is precious little signage at these extremes, almost none. Perfectly possible to drive in, park your car on an empty street not even aware there is an event on and get a ticket. Btw, the ticketing around Ash Green was by N&B council, so not on an anti-CCC rant.

There are bigger problems in the world obviously. And anyone knowingly parking in an exclusion zone runs the risk of course, but the other night was a piss take which would have caught many by surprise.

chiefdave

From Bedlam Lane you can see the ground ffs - of course you should be conscious of parking restrictions there.
When I lived in Portsmouth I could see Fratton Park from my house yet there were zero parking restrictions. Was never really an issue.

I guess that’s part of people’s frustration. Go to other grounds and you don’t often encounter the same level of restrictions.

also the travel plan the restrictions are part of included busses running to games from all over the city, they didn’t last long

fernandopartridge

It's enormous and completely illogical (it is a 2 mile exclusion zone). Apparently though, we should all be slaves to the system and not question this because it's "ze law". And if you do it's "yeah but wot about bedlam lane". From Bedlam Lane you can see the ground ffs - of course you should be conscious of parking restrictions there. I'm talking about the edge of Kersley and Wood End (yep, it stretches that far). And there is precious little signage at these extremes, almost none. Perfectly possible to drive in, park your car on an empty street not even aware there is an event on and get a ticket. Btw, the ticketing around Ash Green was by N&B council, so not on an anti-CCC rant.

There are bigger problems in the world obviously. And anyone knowingly parking in an exclusion zone runs the risk of course, but the other night was a piss take which would have caught many by surprise.

Other grounds I'm aware of with parking restrictions will use digital signs nearby to indicate that the restrictions are in place on the day of the event. Do they do that at the Arena?

PS: this map on the council's website is pathetic, low resolution rubbish:

Robinshio

Other grounds I'm aware of with parking restrictions will use digital signs nearby to indicate that the restrictions are in place on the day of the event. Do they do that at the Arena?

PS: this map on the council's website is pathetic, low resolution rubbish:

its mad how far that stretches

Other options are almost zero particularly for a night game
The crowds we get at the moment just about manage, but if we ever did get promotion with an extra 10k every week, there would be much bigger issues
I would assume that the ladies international had more families, so therefore more per car, than you get at a typical city came, thus exacerbating the issue

Nick

Administrator

fernandopartridge

One of the things that annoys me a lot about the parking zone is the lack of any viable alternative transport. It's perfectly acceptable to incorporate a reasonable parking zone provided you have significant public transport provision from all of the places where people parking live. I don't believe it has that. The stadium station having been open for years still doesn't even have a proper matchday service.

SkyBlueSoul

I saw an away fan recently bemoaning the lack of a shuttle bus from the station like at Reading. No idea how feasible it would be i.e. whether there's enough busses to spare for each home game, but it is ridiculous that there's nothing going to/from the city centre other than taxis which are £15-20 each way or a normal bus that takes 30+ minutes with a load of stops en route.

Funnily enough the best option if you're driving is to park at Tesco now they've eased off the restrictions for matches but you wouldn't think to do that if you were driving down on a one off.

fernandopartridge

I saw an away fan recently bemoaning the lack of a shuttle bus from the station like at Reading. No idea how feasible it would be i.e. whether there's enough busses to spare for each home game, but it is ridiculous that there's nothing going to/from the city centre other than taxis which are £15-20 each way or a normal bus that takes 30+ minutes with a load of stops en route.

Funnily enough the best option if you're driving is to park at Tesco now they've eased off the restrictions for matches but you wouldn't think to do that if you were driving down on a one off.

I'm sure the first season or two there were shuttle buses back to the station or into town, they used to be parked up along Rowleys Green Lane

Flying Fokker

Are the signs really clear if you park in Ash Green that you can't park there? Not in the slightest.
I travel that way. signs are clear, however, some match days there are cars parked the city side of Burbsges lane and they often park without tickets. Also along Wheeleright lane next to the pub. Cars parked on grass. Presumably private land.
bottom is St Giles rd is unrestricted as is the top of school lane near the red kangaroo. 25 mins walk either way.

covcity4life

I travel that way. signs are clear, however, some match days there are cars parked the city side of Burbsges lane and they often park without tickets. Also along Wheeleright lane next to the pub. Cars parked on grass. Presumably private land.
Yeah fine those fuckers

olderskyblue

Wood End? No mate..besides, if you park there, a parking fine is the least of your worries.. 😁

ovduk78

I'm sure the first season or two there were shuttle buses back to the station or into town, they used to be parked up along Rowleys Green Lane
We parked once at Jaguar at Whitley where there was a park and ride to the stadium. Can't remember how long ago it was though.

Kneeza

We parked once at Jaguar at Whitley where there was a park and ride to the stadium. Can't remember how long ago it was though.
Yes, remember that from when I worked there, but I was shipped out to Gaydon about 13 years ago. No idea when it finished.
My mum lived on Pearson Avenue (virtually Bell Green) until 18 months ago, so I parked on the access road behind her place on match days (not often). It was, still is, within the zone, but don't recall any tickets on cars there.
Bleddy long walk to the Ricoh though, requiring a beer stop at Snapey's pub on Windmill Road.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think the dedicated buses were stopped when we dropped even further and the crowds were much smaller.

You'd think now we're back in the Championship with decent crowds the club would be asking the question about starting them again. But with the bus driver shortages and the number of buses being cnacelled at the moment maybe there just isn't the capacity to do it?

David O'Day

Yeah it went from Pool Meadow to by the Stadium underpass.

No one used them really as they were expensive and you couldn't use normal daysavers etc and had to buy a new "match" daysaver

Flying Fokker

Ash Green yes. But go to the bottom of st Giles rd and the sign is near the church. Hence people parking either there or along the stretch near the motorway. Then 20/25 mins walk.
School lane exhall is another location. Can park near red kangaroo and then walk to Wilson’s lane. Probably 1 3/4 miles to ground.

could park along Coventry Road Exhall for a slightly longer walk. More roads nearby as well.

Sky Blue Pete

When talking to George duggins it was the one thing he’d die over the zone. Saying he promised the residents it wouldn’t ever change!
Buses are down to the bus provider it’s probably worth raising again on the supporters forum for the club to express a need

clint van damme

When talking to George duggins it was the one thing he’d die over the zone. Saying he promised the residents it wouldn’t ever change!
Buses are down to the bus provider it’s probably worth raising again on the supporters forum for the club to express a need

George Duggins in keeping a promise shock

Nick

Administrator
I find the local people a bit weird who are really smug because they went to their first football match but have no intention of going to any more.

How many will be going down to Brentford to watch against Australia? (or will even know it happens)

The people who are being chuffed about "biggest attendance eva" also look to be the same people who were suddenly Red Hot Chilli Peppers number one fans for a couple of weeks and probably embraced the Wasps Freebies.

SBT

I find the local people a bit weird who are really smug because they went to their first football match but have no intention of going to any more.

How many will be going down to Brentford to watch against Australia? (or will even know it happens)

The people who are being chuffed about "biggest attendance eva" also look to be the same people who were suddenly Red Hot Chilli Peppers number one fans for a couple of weeks and probably embraced the Wasps Freebies.
Nothing wrong with being a casual fan of something. I don’t stand outside Ant-Man at the cinema slamming people for not showing up at ComicCon ‘97.

Nick

Administrator
Nothing wrong with being a casual fan of something. I don’t stand outside Ant-Man at the cinema slamming people for not showing up at ComicCon ‘97.

Do you post on your Facebook you were at the highest attending Ant Man screening?

SBT

Do you post on your Facebook you were at the highest attending Ant Man screening?
I posted about going to the darts at Alexandra Palace once, but I must admit I skipped the regional heats at the Dog & Duck in Walthamstow the following Tuesday night.

Users who are viewing this thread