CBS issues (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

This

Robins will be tearing (what little) hair he has out, he’ll be very apprehensive to play on it but ultimately it’s not his decision

EFL will know Rotherham have the potential to open a massive can of worms if the game doesn’t go ahead

alexccfc99

I’ve just realised we are meant to play a week on Tuesday as well???? Wigan? I had no idea I thought that was end of the month for some reason

Shambles, the best we can hope for is the pitch being nursed to the World Cup break where it gets some proper work done to it, but London W*sps fixtures may scupper that as well

chiefdave

Didnt we agree to take joint ownership of the pitch with the rent deal.
I have read elsewhere that CCFC groundsmen are responsible for it, one of them has said you can only use the tools you are given.
Read into that as you please.
All cheap shit IMO.
From memory we handed over more money and employed additional staff on the promise the pitch would be improved but as our groundsman has been tweeting if they've totally destroyed the pitch there's not much he can do in a few days.

Doesn't really matter what it looks like or 'we played on worse', if its not safe the game will be off.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Of course, but it sounds to me Robins doesn't want to play it. When the home manager declares in the press the pitch is not safe to play on, that will influence the referee for sure, Seems unlikely this goes ahead.

Came home from work tonight with a spring in my step, but weekend well and truly ruined.

Quite rightly so! He's just lost one of his best players to injury until post WC apparently.

Playing on a pitch of that state is only going to put players at further risk of injury as well.

Obviously depending on how bad it actually is when you walk on it I think it will go ahead. Call me a sceptic but this inspection seems like a bit of bravado to me to highlight that the club are less than happy.

Johnnythespider

I feel for the ground staff, they simply don't get the time to prepare a good enough surface to hold both football and rugby matches, there is usually 1 or 2 concerts in the bowl over the summer, leaving very little time to grow or lay a new pitch and let it bed in properly before the season starts, less than 3 weeks between Rammstein and the 7s tournament is a joke and should cost somebody their job.

Brylowes

Have they got another ref in? Have you got a link?

Just seen it.

But the rugby experts said it's fine?
Ref for the match wouldn’t usually show up until the morning of the match, at least that’s what I thought, so I was supposing he’d be independent as it’s taking place the day before,

Moff

Hobo

It would be very interesting to know who’s been in touch with the EFL to express concern for the pitch, enough concern to warrant the EFL organising an independent ref to carry out a full pitch inspection.

Coventry obviously. They have H&S concerns.

Brylowes

Brylowes just clicked the forgotten password button and recieved an email straightaway have you used the correct email address?
Yes mate, the email address is known on the system as it comes up automatically for me to select, I haven’t tried again
today tho so not sure if it was just a problem last night.
Decided today that we would just travel and pay on gate, with the latest news about the pitch inspection at 6pm tomorrow, we’ve now decided to give it a miss all together.

Hobo

Have they got another ref in? Have you got a link?

Just seen it.

But the rugby experts said it's fine?

Always a local ref of right grade for pitch inspection day before.

Hertsccfc

I’d imagine anything there is would be too vague to really enforce and will just cause another bust up.
I would have assumed the contract would have been very specific on this. Surely we would have included something about the pitch has to meet EFL standards for a match to be deemed playable. Surely it is inconceivable that we wouldn't have something like this?

rexo87

Anyone know what the rule is about postponement? If I was Rovrum I'd be calling for EFL to give them 3 points

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Finham

Honestly, whilst the pitch does look like shit and I do agree that it is a disgrace, there is no way we haven't played on a worse one when it was the Ricoh.

I get the feeling this is a bit of a swipe at Wasps, which of course has merit. Throw in the timing of the Times article and you have a perfectly formed conspiracy theory. Unsettle the landlords, refuse to play on a shit pitch, go somewhere else for a while. Hope Wasps lean closer to fucking off or handing over some of the burdens of the stadium. Curious, curious...
Exactly what I was thinking! I was considering the groundsman's comments about only being able to work with the tools they were given being part of the same drive. WASPS are the tools.

Users who are viewing this thread