CBS issues (5 Viewers)

Hobo

Its very late in the day tho isn’t it.

They have to give maximum time to allow it to be rectified. But have to consider Rotherham and their fans.

So Saturday 6pm - seems reasonable in circumstances we are in. How the circumstances came about is a seperate issue.

But my understanding is Wasps and Cov employ groundstaff and there is supposed to be some shared responsibility and joined up thinking? Perhaps both clubs have cocked up - I suspect recent weather wont have helped either?

theferret

They have to give maximum time to allow it to be rectified. But have to consider Rotherham and their fans.

So Saturday 6pm - seems reasonable in circumstances we are in. How the circumstances came about is a seperate issue.

But my understanding is Wasps and Cov employ groundstaff and there is supposed to be some shared responsibility and joined up thinking? Perhaps both clubs have cocked up - I suspect recent weather wont have helped either?

Surely recent weather would have been good for the pitch? Plenty of light for growing and the pitch should get all the water it needs via the sprinklers that can run 24/7 if needed.

fernandopartridge

Madness really.
we've known about the CWG's and rearranged concerts for long enough. And those criticising wasps (I'm far from a wasps supporter, but), even if we owned the stadium we'd have still formed part of the CWG's bid, so would still be in the same position, who would we moan at then?

Just play the game. Yes it'll hamper our play but we could very much do without rearranged fixtures even this early into the season. We've played on worse pitches in recent seasons too!

Just get on with it
If we owned the stadium i doubt we'd have hosted the CWG

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Of course, but it sounds to me Robins doesn't want to play it. When the home manager declares in the press the pitch is not safe to play on, that will influence the referee for sure, Seems unlikely this goes ahead.

Came home from work tonight with a spring in my step, but weekend well and truly ruined.
Is Robins pissed off at Boddy or the landlords?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

reading between the lines on the wasps forum the liability is with Wasps

pusbccfc

theferret

Can understand robins frustrations and might be better to not play it .

Better for who though? Not better for the club, for its reputation, for the finances, for fitness and momentum and most importantly for the supporters of both clubs. There are people literally flying in for the game - I get that he is angry, by all means sound off a bit, but unless it is genuinely dangerous (which I highly doubt), then pipe down and play the game.

ccfcmad1

Want to see how a pitch should look first game of the season,
Check out the palace arsenal game really does show how much of a disgrace it is first game of the season at home shocking!

Hobo

reading between the lines on the wasps forum the liability is with Wasps

I doubt the Wasps handwringers have alluded to responsibility? I think it is mainly down to them though. However, we have had an input in this and knew the times scales as well.

If it was as clear cut as some of our fans think, the EFL should have seen it coming?

Robins said We have been let down. Everyone assumes that we is club, but it could also mean team?

I dont think any party (as in club level) is totally in the clear from a management point of view?

Skybluebeliever

Didnt we agree to take joint ownership of the pitch with the rent deal.
I have read elsewhere that CCFC groundsmen are responsible for it, one of them has said you can only use the tools you are given.
Read into that as you please.
All cheap shit IMO.
I do not think we have had any involvement in the pitch

Sky Blue Harry H

I’m unsure there has been much communication between the senior people in each organisation lately

In which case I don't blame MR for being p*ssed off. You'd think someone within the hierarchy should have been communicating about this at an early stage, and should have been aware of what plans were (n't) in place regarding the pitch condition post the CWG.

Users who are viewing this thread