Interesting Boddy said we'd offered to pay towards the pitch but Wasps refused

chiefdave

7s games are 14 mins
Full games are 80+ mins so 6 times longer
Equivalent of 66 is 11

There are no 16 man heavy scrums

Only 14 people on pitch not 30 so half

11/ 2 = 6 comparable use of pitch
Everyone I've spoken to that knows more about rugby than me says 7s matches shouldn't impact the pitch the way a regular game goes. Even if you ignore there are less players it is apparently played in a different style.

But the bigger issue is these tournaments have been played elsewhere with little issue. Seems to me the pitch needed replacing before the CWG but Wasps weren't prepared to tell Rammstein they couldn't host their rescheduled show. That meant there was no window for a pitch replacement.

oldfiver

missed that, hopefully that part will make it to iplayer or whatever they call the radio thing but am I reading that right, we've tried giving financial help to get the pitch sorted and Wasps have refused.

I know Wasps fans will want to frame this as SISU always wanting to drag everyone into court, ignoring how we had no issues at Sixfields or St Andrews, but if the landlord is unable / unwilling to meet basic requirements and won't even allow the tenant to fix the issue themselves I'm not sure how it can be framed as anyone but Wasps fault.

Also CCFC have paid 3 months in advance to use have a playable pitch!

samccov1987

Missed the Boddy interview but can’t believe Wasps have refused for us to relay the pitch.

Im guessing we’ve only offered a small % or wanted a rebate from the rent we’ve paid / due to pay. Not that we should have to pay either mind but what’s the alternative when you know they have no $?

Cant see how efl can fine or dock points when they know we’re tenants so they defo let us move again. But given all the problems at St Andrews is a return there possible or are we actually looking at Burton?

oldfiver

Everyone I've spoken to that knows more about rugby than me says 7s matches shouldn't impact the pitch the way a regular game goes. Even if you ignore there are less players it is apparently played in a different style.

But the bigger issue is these tournaments have been played elsewhere with little issue. Seems to me the pitch needed replacing before the CWG but Wasps weren't prepared to tell Rammstein they couldn't host their rescheduled show. That meant there was no window for a pitch replacement.

It's because WASPs got millions off CCC for alleged improvements and CWG also would have paid to use facilities

shepardo01

missed that, hopefully that part will make it to iplayer or whatever they call the radio thing but am I reading that right, we've tried giving financial help to get the pitch sorted and Wasps have refused.
Yep! Exactly that.
Boddy said if a new pitch is not laid, no football, or possibly any sport will be played any time soon. Current one is kaput. No real coming back for it. Will have big problems over winter if nothing done .
Club have offered financial support to Wasps to lay a new pitch... they have refused.
If not sorted immediately, Boddy fears big problems.
Worth a listen back. - about 5:20pm ish...
Wasn't good listening.

clint van damme

Yep! Exactly that.
Boddy said if a new pitch is not laid, no football, or possibly any sport will be played any time soon. Current one is kaput. No real coming back for it. Will have big problems over winter if nothing done .
Club have offered financial support to Wasps to lay a new pitch... they have refused.
If not sorted immediately, Boddy fears big problems.
Worth a listen back. - about 5:20pm ish...
Wasn't good listening.

So what wasps going to play on?
And surely they've got some commitment to providing a decent pitch for this rugby league carry on that's being played there later in the year?

Gynnsthetonic

So what wasps going to play on?
And surely they've got some commitment to providing a decent pitch for this rugby league carry on that's being played there later in the year?
Wasp and CCC have had millions of pounds towards the CWG, it seems like CCC have buried themselves into a hole, CBS could withdraw too, if we can't find a ground we could be expelled from the league like Bury

cornoccfc

We need the details of the pitch report.

It must have an estimate for playability timescale.

Including whether it would be deemed safe for rugby.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

But the two parties did discuss the pitch and WASPs agreed to spend at least £100k and have only spent £7k and carry out maintenance

I think that is called negotiation? Risk analysis builds in all known and reasonable risks - I suppose that should include the inability of WASPs to honour any agreement
But …….!!!!
What are we going to do now?
13500 season ticket holders
Nowhere to play
No solutions
I can’t believe it
As I say lots of sympathy for ccfc and boddy but we need a solution

clint van damme

But …….!!!!
What are we going to do now?
13500 season ticket holders
Nowhere to play
No solutions
I can’t believe it
As I say lots of sympathy for ccfc and boddy but we need a solution

well if a pitch can be put in place in a week for a cost of 500k then surely there's the solution?
Costly, but not as costly as the alternatives. We only have Boddys word that it's wasps preventing this, if they are, what's their motivation?

Sky Blue Pete

well if a pitch can be put in place in a week for a cost of 500k then surely there's the solution?
Costly, but not as costly as the alternatives. We only have Boddys word that it's wasps preventing this, if they are, what's their motivation?
Can it?? In reality? Well that’s ok then we just need for it to be done I thought people were saying 8 weeks

Sky Blue Pete

It’s only right for boddy to keep fans up to date as and when he can. Wasps initial statement was very combative but this last one appears it’s worse and not much discussion is happening.

usskyblue

‘IF’ Joy offered to pay half, they haven’t got the other half. Wasps are beyond brassic

stay_up_skyblues

They. Have. No. Money.

I wonder if they’re preparing to wind it up. No funding for a new pitch and Sisu sue and get bugger all and are just added to the list for the pennies in the pound. The newco then pops up somewhere else with the rugby equivalent of the golden share.

Users who are viewing this thread