Cashman (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Are people expecting anything from this lad?
It's fair to say his Rochdale spell was underwhelming.

Somebody who's actually seen him(!) would hopefully correct me but, based on loan spell, and his previous clubs, is it safe to say he has some natural ability if he can apply it, but for whatever reason can't put it together for a full game?

Tea & Busquets

It's fair to say his Rochdale spell was underwhelming.

Somebody who's actually seen him(!) would hopefully correct me but, based on loan spell, and his previous clubs, is it safe to say he has some natural ability if he can apply it, but for whatever reason can't put it together for a full game?
He was quite good when he played, made the absolute most of his chances and was closing in on cementing himself as a starter for the Dale but he took a knock and after recovery he was phased out for whatever reason by the gaff.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Started quite well at Rochdale but then seemed to drop off significantly and fell out of favour. If he was 18/19 I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but the fact he's 21 and struggled in a pretty poor L2 side isn't a great sign for his future here.

See how he gets on this season but at present it seems strange that we put him on a 3-year contract.

slowpoke

One for the squad, at the age now when he has to deliver hopefully he will not bothered about his time at Rochdale.

steve101

Must have been hard for a young lad to be signed and immediately loaned out without seemingly meeting up with the squad. It is a great opportunity for him to show Robins and Adi what he is capable of or potential of. Given the amount of games being condensed I would prefer the likes of Cashman, Burroughs and Bapaga to be options from the bench, rather than being loaned out and potentially not getting much game time. Hopefully he will be involved in some friendlies.

slowpoke

Being loaned out to lower league teams doesn’t mean if you are not performing like Ronaldo you are a flop or garbage it’s all about experience hopefully first team or the bench. Lower leagues is harder than people think lot of experienced old pros there

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Being loaned out to lower league teams doesn’t mean if you are not performing like Ronaldo you are a flip or garbage it’s all about experience hopefully first team or the bench. Lower leagues is harder than people think lot of experienced old pros there
He only started nine league games for them, so didn't get much in the way of experience!

Hertsccfc

Let's discuss this player. Oh he's marvellous, darling. Just simply spiffing.

Oh but this one is positively orgasmic.

Oh ya, rather. And this one is truly sensational.

What a dull and tedious board it would be if you can't give a single impression of a player other than they're all future internationals, and just misunderstood.
Agree with that, but have you seen Cashman play? It feels like those who dismissed Tavares without having seen him.

There can be all sorts of reasons why stats and appearance records are great elsewhere. Gyokeres' record up to last year wasn't great, nor O'Hare's before he joined us.

You might well be right, but then again I will wait until I see him before deciding. Obviously if he doesn't get into our side you will be right but as I say maybe better to wait and see.

NorthernWisdom

I'm still waiting for Conor Thomas to have his starring footballing role I predicted for him. Clearly, me being supportive and positive helped his career no end, and I knew better than all the higher level managers who have refused to sign him.

Ah, but Robins knows best, eh. He knows best to sign them, knows best to sell them at exactly the perfect time, that no other deity would manage, and woe betide anybody who casts the slightest (very slight!) shade on anybody.

I fail to see how his loan spell with Rochdale can be described as anything but underwhelming. Does that mean if he becomes the Foleshill Messi it will have been anything other than underwhelming? Does that mean we can then reinvent it as a stellar loan where he singlehandedly took Rochdale to never seen before heights, when all of the town were in awe of him, and even how he ate a pie?

Or does it mean that his loan spell with Rochdale was underwhelming...?

Briles

Lad captained Brighton u23s for quite some time. Rochdale fans loved him at the beginning of the season and looking at their forum they were unsure why he ended up lacking game time and could only put it down to what the manager saw in training. Not seen enough of him yet but ive a feeling he may be more ready than tavares based on experience.

Sick Boy

Lad captained Brighton u23s for quite some time. Rochdale fans loved him at the beginning of the season and looking at their forum they were unsure why he ended up lacking game time and could only put it down to what the manager saw in training. Not seen enough of him yet but ive a feeling he may be more ready than tavares based on experience.
I’d be amazed if either of them had a long-term career above League 1 - it’s not like their teenagers just breaking through.

long way home

He will get run outs in the friendlies and MR and staff will evaluate the level he is at, the if's what's and wheres will be answered soon enough. He has spent 2 days with the players and staff, nobody knows the lad or his ability, attitude or level he is capable of. And before anyone bangs a name in to compare, it doesn't change a thing. He is at the club with a clean slate and starts at the same point as the others, fighting for a spot in the squad. Good luck to the lad and i hope for the clubs sake he is capable makes a good enough impression so that he can add to what we have.

Last edited:

ccfc1234

Just because a player is contracted to Coventry it doesn't mean we need to loose perspective of their likely ceiling ability. With Cashman while I readily admit I have not seen him play a full 90mins. It tells it's own story that the manager at an average league 2 club happily left him out. While league two is no walk in the park i think its fair to assume its more likely than not he won't make the jump to be a Championship player.

Pre season is his chance to prove his worth but sounds like he will need to find some gears and pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread