Carsley should be in charge last two games now... (2 Viewers)

psgm1

Banned
If he loses 1 more game - he goes into the record books for most defeats in a season - at the moment he is equal worst record.

Letting Thorn go and Carsley take over (assuming he wants the job that is) is the logical choice.

I suspect SISU ALREADY made the decision - hence his outburst after the milwall shambles.

If he had pride, thorn would have gone long ago. Therefore allowing him "to keep his pride" is irrelevant.

psgm1

Banned
Unfortunately I think he's put himself in the shit if SISU (god forbid) remain. If I was a new owner and knew a bit about the club (like Hoffman for example) I'd give him his chief scout role back in a flash. For all the David Bells he's brought in - there have been players like Danny Fox, Scott Dann, Westwood, Gunnarsson and Juke. If SISU remain, can you see them giving him a job?

Problem is all the "good" players were brought in under Ranson and HIS contacts! Look at the players brought in under him, and the amount he paid (exception freddy)

Fox Dann, Westwood, Gunnar, King - ALL under 250k each! Remember, all but for the board, we could have had Carrol, henderson and cork for a combined £2M !!!

Sure Norwood has been great, and Cody is getting there, but who would you have in your squad for £250K - Dann or the herminator?

I rest my case!

LastGarrison

If he loses 1 more game - he goes into the record books for most defeats in a season - at the moment he is equal worst record.

Letting Thorn go and Carsley take over (assuming he wants the job that is) is the logical choice.

I suspect SISU ALREADY made the decision - hence his outburst after the milwall shambles.

If he had pride, thorn would have gone long ago. Therefore allowing him "to keep his pride" is irrelevant.

How is getting rid of one unexperienced manager for another less experienced manager the "logical" choice?

Bring Back Aidy Boothroyd. We need someone with little mans syndrome in league 1.

Little man syndrome Condition whereby undersized men compensate for their smallness by physically asserting their presence.

Last edited:

kingharvest

That last line is bolloxx in my opinion. If he had pride? It'd be easy to walk away - but he didn't did he. Why? Personally I don't think it had anything to do with money. I think he loves the club, felt a sense of loyalty to the players and the staff, and genuinely believed the squad had the capability to get out of it. Which they very nearly did.

But no, lets undo all the learning that has gone on over the past year by Thorn and put someone new in to make all the same mistakes again. Then maybe next season we can do the same again.

kingharvest

Problem is all the "good" players were brought in under Ranson and HIS contacts! Look at the players brought in under him, and the amount he paid (exception freddy)

Fox Dann, Westwood, Gunnar, King - ALL under 250k each! Remember, all but for the board, we could have had Carrol, henderson and cork for a combined £2M !!!

Sure Norwood has been great, and Cody is getting there, but who would you have in your squad for £250K - Dann or the herminator?

I rest my case!

are you saying you think Ranson found all the good players and Thorn found all the shit ones?

Users who are viewing this thread