Carsley should be in charge last two games now... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Anyone else like to see that happen?

I think Thorn has nothing left in his tank and after recent health issues this would be a wise decision all round.

Like to see what Carsley can do.

Oh and while we are at it....get rid of that Harrison guy for good.

Otis

No, Gaz, would say that would be a wise decision and think you can base that solely on Andy Thorn's health issues.

From what they have been saying he shouldn't even be in the dugout. Relegation is now all but confirmed and the pressure has obviously been getting to him. Let hom at least take the last two games of the season off for his health's sake if nothing else.

PVA

From a personal pride point of view, at least now give him the respect to finish the season.

Yep, agree with this.

The guy has put up with so much crap, he's given it his all, finally let some of his anger out after Tuesday, to just get rid of him now would be incredibly harsh.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Unfortunately I think he's put himself in the shit if SISU (god forbid) remain. If I was a new owner and knew a bit about the club (like Hoffman for example) I'd give him his chief scout role back in a flash. For all the David Bells he's brought in - there have been players like Danny Fox, Scott Dann, Westwood, Gunnarsson and Juke. If SISU remain, can you see them giving him a job?

Otis

Yep, agree with this.

The guy has put up with so much crap, he's given it his all, finally let some of his anger out after Tuesday, to just get rid of him now would be incredibly harsh.

But surely his health comes first! He's under doctor's orders not to even be in the dugout isn't he?

stupot07

I can just see it now, carlsey coming in beating donny and Southampton and avoiding relegation. The fans demanding that carsley become our next permanent manager, then when we're struggling again moaning that carsley isn't experienced enough, saying we need an experienced manager.

Hcut PUSB

Anyone else like to see that happen?

I think Thorn has nothing left in his tank and after recent health issues this would be a wise decision all round.

Like to see what Carsley can do.

Oh and while we are at it....get rid of that Harrison guy for good.

We were only talking about this very subject on our trip home on Tues. Harrison in my opinion has been a major issue, yes we all know Thorn is tactically naive BUT never once home or away and I have been to pretty much every game this season, have I seen Harrison rant at him when he is doing nothing, "IF" Thorn goes the Harrison MUST go as well and not be allowed to keep a job he clearly seems not to care too much about. At the very least that would allow Lee in to head coaches position and put a rocket up the new manager when required.

Il Pirata

I can just see it now, carlsey coming in beating donny and Southampton and avoiding relegation. The fans demanding that carsley become our next permanent manager, then when we're struggling again moaning that carsley isn't experienced enough, saying we need an experienced manager.
To be fair the experienced managers we have had in the last 10 years have been excellent.

SkyBlueScottie

I say no, and have a perfectly valid reasons for saying so.

Its a knee jerk reaction.

Its now Thursday, 2 days before a game. Any impact from Carsley will be extremely limited.

It may cause unrest in the camp on a game which we MUST WIN.

Is 2 games really fair to judge Carsley on? I mean this time last year Thorn was the overwhelming choice to be given the job.

Such decisions should not be made in haste, plus ultimately as fans we should not really be calling for such a change as ultimately we are not armed with the required info.

covcity4life

and you will still be there blaming everyone but the players

dongonzalos

Can't believe this is a topic. Apart from the health part. Wonder what AT must think. You take over keep the club up. Your owners destroy what is good about the club. You are forced to play youth players. You try and keep everyone motivated and nearly get us out of it again. Then people want you sacked. Excellent

Otis

Can't believe this is a topic. Apart from the health part. Wonder what AT must think. You take over keep the club up. Your owners destroy what is good about the club. You are forced to play youth players. You try and keep everyone motivated and nearly get us out of it again. Then people want you sacked. Excellent

Some people would like him to take two games off for his health with our fate sealed.*

Disclaimer: * Any comment by me on here is of course that of my most humble honest opinion and in no way should any statement contained within this post or thread be considered as being any kind of fact.

stupot07

hummmm sure you used to be a thorn apologist

I have never apologised for him, he's big enough to do that himself. however I can appreciated the constraints he's worked with. I think he has made mistakes this season and along with the board and the players he must take his share of the blame.

I think even the most staunch AT supporters, will say he has made mistakes and cost us points. No one sees him as a messiah.

I said before the season started that we would go down.

kingharvest

Can i just ask - if we are looking to promote from within, then what about Gregor Rioch? Done a great job with the kids. Maybe he deserves a chance above Carsley?

Not sure i'd want to take him away from the academy of course, He's clearly doing something right so maybe not the best idea to disrupt that, but then if we're gonna be playing a load of kids next year, who better to lead them?

Just a thought.

Otis

Well I would guess if it were to be Carsley, it would be Rioch too. Sure it'd be a double act.

Disclaimer: * Any comment by me on here is of course that of my most humble honest opinion and in no way should any statement contained within this post or thread be considered as being any kind of fact.

covcity4life

I have never apologised for him, he's big enough to do that himself. however I can appreciated the constraints he's worked with. I think he has made mistakes this season and along with the board and the players he must take his share of the blame.

I think even the most staunch AT supporters, will say he has made mistakes and cost us points. No one sees him as a messiah.

you did ,i remember

Otis

Is that a fact rather than an opinion? :thinking about::thinking about:

Sorry, just getting my payback in with another poster. :D

kingharvest

Well I would guess if it were to be Carsley, it would be Rioch too. Sure it'd be a double act.

How about going forward though. Lets say the board decide like last season, they want to replace the manager Full-Time but don't want to spend any money so promote from within.

Who gets it then? Providing either of them want it that is!

Otis

Well if they are going to promote from within it has to be out of Rioch, Carsley, Oggy and Sky Blue Sam.

Johnnythespider

I saw a programme seller giving his autograph to some young lads at the front of block 18 tues, i think he should be promoted, although he looked like he had a cold so perhaps not. :facepalm:

Some people would like him to take two games off for his health with our fate sealed.*

didnt some on here say thorn was stressed but were knocked down by torch and the do gooders brigade

Paxman II

Not trying to be 'evil' here but one reason we are where we are is because of the soft sentimental approach displayed here in these threads supporting Thorn when what matters most is our club.

There is no room for sentiment in football management. None. That you understand when you take the job.

Thorn is depressed, keeps repeating himself with delusional "we go again" rhetoric so for me given his health issues I would move him aside and let Carsly/Rioch have the job these last two games. Even just a change may bring two wins who knows but with AT in charge I doubt we would come close to getting a point.

Sorry just my opinion. Club before individual pride. It's business, nothing personal.

Nonleagueherewecome

Unless of course the health issue is being made into a bigger deal than it is by SISU to suit their excuse for getting rid of him?

Nonleagueherewecome

If you want to go down this route, it's Rioch not Carsley you should be calling or. Carsley is learning the ropes off Rioch (and, erm Thorn, but lets ignore that, eh?) and Rioch knows an almost infinite amount more than Carsley about developing young players.

I don't think it'd work, as it didn't with Richard Money, but there's much more justification for that than Carsley, who is a recently retired player with 8 months experience as a U19 Assistant Coach under his belt. No way should he make the shortlist of even the top 50 candidates!

Ashdown

Why the feck would we possibly want to put Carsley in charge of anything, no experience, no different players to work with, it would be clutching at straws................and please don't promote him next season in League One either, we need a manager who knows how to work at that level.

Grendel

I agree with non league on this actually. I don't get the clamour for lee Carsley at all.

Paxman II

I'm not in anyway suggesting this as a permanent appointment! hell no but the last two games to give the look of things a fresh appearance and At a much needed health break.

rob9872

I'm not in anyway suggesting this as a permanent appointment! hell no but the last two games to give the look of things a fresh appearance and At a much needed health break.

And can you imagine the outcry if we win those games, regardless of if he has any real input at such a late stage and Thorn is then re-appointed?

Users who are viewing this thread