Carlton Cole anyone? (3 Viewers)

stupot07

I agree. But they don't seem to be banging on his door trying to sign him. If that is the case he either drops down or retires. Then it depends on how much he wants to play.

He was only released yesterday, I'd be surprised if his agent hasn't already had a fair few enquiries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

No Prem club will take, but a Championship club will. I was just stating that I wouldn't want him.

Division 3 clubs supporters don't want him but a Championship side would definitely take him?

stupot07

Division 3 clubs supporters don't want him but a Championship side would definitely take him?

Agreed. Bizarre comment as his his assertion he has no technical ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LJC_CCFC

And you call me deluded :D

Don't believe I did, just think that a championship club will have a punt on him on the off chance he could be used as a target man in the last 20/25 minutes as Bournemouth would have used had they signed him. They instead got Jones from Cardiff. Personally speaking I wouldn't want him here.

LB87ccfc

Deluded is saying that a player well past his best won't drop down as nobody else will take him. We don't know. How did he do last season? Has anyone shown any interest yet? How much was Dennis Wise on before we signed him and how much did we pay him?

Some players just want to play. They love playing. And if they have already secured their future by being overpaid for years the money they are on isn't too much of a stumbling block. I am not saying that he will come to our club. I am not even saying he will drop to as low as we are. But without clubs coming in for him how do you know that clubs higher will be after a player that is 32?

Astute your a clever chap, even you surely don't believe someone like Carlton Cole would drop two levels to play for us, for a club who has had more issues than FIFA, more court cases than hot dinners, and would think we would fend off championship clubs to sign for us.

Personally this is a stupid thread and a non starter IMO.

Manchester_sky_blue

Astute your a clever chap, even you surely don't believe someone like Carlton Cole would drop two levels to play for us, for a club who has had more issues than FIFA, more court cases than hot dinners, and would think we would fend off championship clubs to sign for us.

Personally this is a stupid thread and a non starter IMO.

^This

Word this morning is that he has already signed for QPR anyway..............

Astute

So you agree with him when I never said that he would sign for us or that I wanted him to sign for us? :thinking about:

What I did say was LB said he would never sign for a division 3 club as it is a certainty someone higher would sign him. He is 32 and not that good a player. A player that has made a lot of money from not doing a lot. A player that doesn't seem to put much effort in. So why is it a certainty that a club above us will sign him?

hill83

I'm struggling to see what point you are trying to make here. Supporters wanting a player and clubs signing a player are two completely different things.

Users who are viewing this thread