Match Thread Carlisle United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Dec (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

I am afraid I dont see a win with that team.... Hope I am proven wrong but DKE AND Beavon FFS

Last edited:

Esoterica

DKE can’t do any worse than Grimmer did

Strange to see McDonald not in the squad though? Perhaps his injury has flared up? Played with an injection to get him through the last game, Football Manager style?
Wife was due to give birth this week and was carrying a knock Robins said in the week.

Bristol sky blue

Strange to see McDonald not in the squad though? Perhaps his injury has flared up? Played with an injection to get him through the last game, Football Manager style?[/QUOTE]
Mcdonald's wife/girlfriend is having a baby - so his absence is not due to an injury I think

One of you can log in / post faster than me :)

Bristol sky blue

Not overly confident looking at that team
Seems lacking a physical edge in midfield / up front. Also, Davies aside, not much height. Hope Carlisle don't have lots of players who are good in the air, we might be in trouble.
However, if we actually try to keep the ball down and pass it around quickly we could cause them problems too.

Evo1883

negative set up by robins obviously hoping to pinch a 1-0 like at port vale.

Starting to irritate me

Nick

Administrator
It's a very weird setup, there is no height at all going forward. I can't remember properly but didn't they have a big defence last time?

We are going to need to play on the deck.

6 Generations

I do not understand why our top scorer is on the bench. Regardless of personality clashes.

Can’t see anything more than a point but doubt that we can get that.

Clint Hill is playing and I’ve just had him at 12/1 to score at any time.

I honestly doubt that we will score today.

Esoterica

Will all depend on our style of play. On the deck with beavon playing a bit deeper and DKE/Shipley/Bayliss getting up with McNulty and we'll compete. But if it's Doyle and Willis lobbing wayward 40 yard balls at Beavon it's gonna be a long afternoon.

covcity4life

Dke has noy startes for a while. Lets hope he plays to keep his shirt now

Beavon is a good player but him and mcnulty has not worked early in season. Lets hope it does tonight

Can see it being anothet shit game tho.

dongonzalos

Says Ponti and Duck will be given a chance then picks Beavon. Didn’t see that coming.
I think the Duck maybe moving on now as well

gspotgaz

I’m more concerned about the dreadful lack of creativity in midfield than the strikers. Let’s pray Bayliss can drive through the middle and set up McNulty for a chance or two

Nick

Administrator
I’m more concerned about the dreadful lack of creativity in midfield than the strikers. Let’s pray Bayliss can drive through the middle and set up McNulty for a chance or two
Same, the midfield worries me more, hope to be wrong

Otis

It's DKE that puzzles me the most.

I hope he has a stormer. He needs to though, he's shown nothing at all lately unfortunately.

ceetee

From what I have seen, Nazon doesn't look like a 90 min footballer, in which case it's better to bring him off the bench to play against a tired defence.....as long as he gets 30 mins at least

Esoterica

We are so so deep again. Feels like Port Vale where we just invited them on to us and gave them all the momentum at the start of the match.

Users who are viewing this thread