#CarlBakerDay (1 Viewer)

Skybluenutterman

On the day our captain appears on the August calendar, the club decide to omit him from the squad despite having one year left on his contract. When will Shitsu realise we need good players on the pitch to progress. I know CB has his doubters but he could do a good job for us this season. Happy Carl Baker day. #CarlBakerDay
#bringcityhome

Samo

On the day our captain appears on the August calendar, the club decide to omit him from the squad despite having one year left on his contract. When will SISU realise we need good players on the pitch to progress. I know CB has his doubters but he could do a good job for us this season. Happy Carl Baker day. #CarlBakerDay
#bringcityhome

Only he's not our captain.

Otis

Instead of Carl Baker Day, why not just call it the Great British Baker Off!

Skybluenutterman

I know he's not anymore but why was he stripped of the captaincy and why was he not given a squad number? SHITSU can't afford him. #bringcityhome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

It will be more than likely down to appearance fees I think.

Anyway

#stickyourhashtagbollocksrightupyourarseyoutwat

Samo

I know he's not anymore but why was he stripped of the captaincy and why was he not given a squad number? SHITSU can't afford him. #bringcityhome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker is good bloke who deserves better... But to SISU he's just a bunch of numbers and the total was a little high. Assuming that is, that SP didn't decide he just didn't fancy him any more. I mean, you'd hardly describe him as a winner would you?

Grendel

So much fuss over such mediocrity.

Grendel

its not difficult to treat people with a bit of respect whether you rate him as a footballer or not. coulibaly is looking a bargain who would you rather have?

Treat him with respect? So were you complaining when the likes of David bell was exiled in a similar way? Oh and before you start can you tell me baker performed better in the championship than bell?

Just because baker uses social media to his advantage should not give him preferential treatment. He is frozen out and I can assure you if Carl baker was approached by Barnsley with a pay rise and the club refused to let him go he'd be off to the tattoo parlour post haste. Don't be fooled loyalty in football doesn't work -- either way.

will am i

Treat him with respect? So were you complaining when the likes of David bell was exiled in a similar way? Oh and before you start can you tell me baker performed better in the championship than bell?

Just because baker uses social media to his advantage should not give him preferential treatment. He is frozen out and I can assure you if Carl baker was approached by Barnsley with a pay rise and the club refused to let him go he'd be off to the tattoo parlour post haste. Don't be fooled loyalty in football doesn't work -- either way.
Yes treat people with respect it applies to everyone. Explain the point of paying him and not playing him if you need him. And happy to pay Couilbaly to do fuck all though? Well he is a bit cheaper after all

Astute

Loyalty means nothing to our club anymore. A contract means nothing to our club anymore.

I don't like it.

Grendel

Yes treat people with respect it applies to everyone. Explain the point of paying him and not playing him if you need him. And happy to pay Couilbaly to do fuck all though? Well he is a bit cheaper after all

We are not paying coulibaly.

Grendel

Loyalty means nothing to our club anymore. A contract means nothing to our club anymore.

I don't like it.
I do. So did a contract ever mean anything to a player who wanted to leave?

Grendel

I assume the person who came here saying baker was more intrinsic in the championship than bell has deleted his own thread as he realises the idiocy of his statement.

Astute

I do. So did a contract ever mean anything to a player who wanted to leave?

Yes. A payday for our club. Or have you forgotten what happens when a player like Clarke wants to leave?

Grendel

Yes. A payday for our club. Or have you forgotten what happens when a player like Clarke wants to leave?

Do you think 3 years ago if a club came in for sky blue Carl and told him to find a way to leave the club and they'd double his pay he would say "no I love the club I love astute and all my followers I am staying"

Samo

Oh great... the Astute/Grendel show.

Nick

Administrator
It is quite sad that the poor bloke is only getting support because people dislike SISU :( If we were at the Ricoh and there was no SISU people wouldn't give a shit and would be saying good riddance to free up the wages wouldn't they?

Instead it is all about respecting players, like us fans did with Kevin Kyle eh.

Grendel

It is quite sad that the poor bloke is only getting support because people dislike SISU :( If we were at the Ricoh and there was no SISU people wouldn't give a shit and would be saying good riddance to free up the wages wouldn't they?

Instead it is all about respecting players, like us fans did with Kevin Kyle eh.

That is exactly right. People should look what they used to think if baker. He was one player who received major vitriol on here.

Oh illumna it whatever you call yourself - baker played less championship games than bell.

Samo

More like the Grendel sticking up for SISU show as usual.

I didn't read anything even remotely supportive of SISU... care to quote?

Grendel

More like the Grendel sticking up for SISU show as usual.

What a stupid comment. So the only reason you are sticking up for baker is it's a stand against sisu? Ha ha ha.

Grendel

SBT is a strange place where believing a player doesn't cut the mustard somehow translates as a defence of our illustrious owners. Very odd.

The truth is baker plays the gallery well. Some people just believe he actually means it.

shmmeee

The truth is baker plays the gallery well. Some people just believe he actually means it.

Not everyone's a cynical old git like you and me G.

Much like some people think Sisu's tactics are poor form, some think the way they've treated Baker is poor form. To be honest, it seems he found out about no squad number the same time we did, which does seem pretty off.

dongonzalos

So much fuss over such mediocrity.

What does that say about our squad.
He holds our highest assists from midfield two years on the bounce. As a creative midfielder not sure what else he can do.

Wouldn't be the first person I would be chasing out of the club with pitch forks when we only have home for one more season. A season in which our squad is again threadbare and one in which we apparently want promotion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread