Carl Baker - tries hard but (1 Viewer)

kepit 2 yusen

I would take Bakers passion and his, at times, mistakes anyday over the likes of "couldn't give a toss" captain Kilbain anyday ! He wears the shirt with pride and yes he made an error or two last night but you could see the pain it caused him when he had ! Maybe thats why he is more noticeable when he has made a mistake because he wears his heart on his sleeve. He is getting stronger as a player and the boo boys can go to hell, if we had won the FA Cup last night they would still find something wrong to moan about ! - they sound just like Villa supporters. Get behind the man and the team ffs, it is a team which I believe is finally starting to come together. Maybe the part time supporters might soon get their arses on Ricoh seats once again soon. It will inspire the players, the atmosphere, the results (hopefully) and we might have the owners looking for ways to fund McGoldrick acquisition - well you have to have a dream :guitar2:

skyblue4ever

Answered the question with facts.

Try to give some good reasons based on the approx 130 appearances for Coventry why you think he is quality.

You might struggle.

Didnt once say i think he is quality! My question was for you to name players who have been consistently better apart from mcgoldrick. As previous post say; baker cares, does he make mistakes, yes but he tries his upmost to make amends.

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

A few things on Baker...

His captaincy, with him has captain how many games have we lost, 1/2? Out of 9?

He was dropped as captain against Brentford... We lost. He came back as captain, we won.
This might mean nothing, but the whole teams work rate with him as captain on the pitch is raised!

Also his assists, he's on 6 I think, he's got 2 goals.

On saturday, he was the main creator of two goals.

Admittedly he can slack, he can make silly errors with passing. But when he does make these errors he's SLAUGHTERED!!
But yet when he does some quite impressive passing! No one notices...

His crossing, pretty much finds a man every time. 4 times on saturday out of 5 he found the man in the second half, yet some people seem to think he made awful crosses.

One final thing... He still isn't played in his correct position!!

dantheman

A few things on Baker...

His captaincy, with him has captain how many games have we lost, 1/2? Out of 9?

He was dropped as captain against Brentford... We lost. He came back as captain, we won.
This might mean nothing, but the whole teams work rate with him as captain on the pitch is raised!

Also his assists, he's on 6 I think, he's got 2 goals.

On saturday, he was the main creator of two goals.

Admittedly he can slack, he can make silly errors with passing. But when he does make these errors he's SLAUGHTERED!!
But yet when he does some quite impressive passing! No one notices...

His crossing, pretty much finds a man every time. 4 times on saturday out of 5 he found the man in the second half, yet some people seem to think he made awful crosses.

One final thing... He still isn't played in his correct position!!

Agree with most of this I rate him.

skyblue4ever

Dont mind being proven wrong on the assists pusbccfc, so why does he get so much stick. A number of people like u said dont give him any recognition when he does good things. I actually remember shouting "well done baker" after he created a goal and a couple of nearby fans turned and gave me a funny look like i was cheering hitler or something. Madness

Otis

Dont mind being proven wrong on the assists pusbccfc, so why does he get so much stick. A number of people like u said dont give him any recognition when he does good things. I actually remember shouting "well done baker" after he created a goal and a couple of nearby fans turned and gave me a funny look like i was cheering hitler or something. Madness

Most people applaud him when he does well and criticise him when he does badly.

Whether you like him or not, on the whole his crossing is woesome and he doesn't score enough and he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

I am just as likely to say 'Ohhh Baker' as I am to say 'Good pass.' Of which, I do say both.

Wished I said 'Good pass Baker' and 'Well done Baker' more than I go 'Ohh Baker' though.

pusbccfc

Cov fans need a scapegoat. If its not Murphy its Baker, if its not Baker its Hussey and so on.

Its the same with Murphy, he'll make one unlucky error and suddenly all blame is on him. Yet Murphy will make some very impressive saves at times but doesn't get recognition!

skyblue4ever

Most people applaud him when he does well and criticise him when he does badly.

Whether you like him or not, on the whole his crossing is woesome and he doesn't score enough and he gets knocked off the ball too easily.

I am just as likely to say 'Ohhh Baker' as I am to say 'Good pass.' Of which, I do say both.

Wished I said 'Good pass Baker' and 'Well done Baker' more than I go 'Ohh Baker' though.

Fair enough if you do cheer or praise him aswell, its the people who just ignore it that i dont understand

Nick

Administrator
The thing is it is human nature with city fans to bother with the negatives but not the positives. look how quiet the forums are when we win compared to when we lose.

Some people are very balanced and say if he does well or if they are shite. They will say he was good because.... he was shit because.... and quite happily say so and so played really well.

Other people, simply just type "so and so is shite" and "boooo".

Others post how shit they are even though played well and how well their favourites played even though they were dire.

kg82

He's given you undeniable facts, a goal every 26.2 games, bra-fecking-vo Saint Carl.

Because I'm sure the rest of our midfield have a much better ratio than this. But Baker has the most assists this season. You should calm down as well, noone's calling you a thick twat just because if your opinion.

wingy

Baker largely plays with fear ,like Hussey knowing an element within our crowd are out for him.Yes that ball near the end was woeful ,but did it cost us,only the gloss on what could have been a more convincing win ,4-5 would'nt have flattered us last night ,if I wanted to be ultra critical i could say that DMC was selfish when he did'nt return the ball to Moussa for a Shot near the end After Moussa ran 20 yards to open things up .As a unit we played well last night ,I don't think anyone got fined .:p

skyblue4ever

Baker largely plays with fear ,like Hussey knowing an element within our crowd are out for him.Yes that ball near the end was woeful ,but did it cost us,only the gloss on what could have been a more convincing win ,4-5 would'nt have flattered us last night ,if I wanted to be ultra critical i could say that DMC was selfish when he did'nt return the ball to Moussa for a Shot near the end After Moussa ran 20 yards to open things up .As a unit we played well last night ,I don't think anyone got fined .:p

But what about all these errors Carl Baker made, surely he needed deep pockets last night :)

kg82

Yes, you've answered the GCSE question indirectly anyway. It's not necessarily a dig at your age either.

Sorry, what does that even matter? If he was taking gcse's his opinion would mean less than yours and the way you deal with this is to try and mock?

SkyblueBri

This is what Baker has to put up with, I am a season ticket holder and the bloke behind me hates him, for some reason. Last night before we had kicked a ball I heard " WTF is going on Bakers playing again I do not know what Robbins sees in him" then every mistake was pointed out but no credit given for any correct tackle or pass. So I cheered Baker whenever he did something right.
Why we run down our own players is beyond me.

I honestly cannot believe how Carl gets such abuse and critism from our so called fans. He is by far my favourite current City player, shows commitment and passion for the club, has much more technical ability and flair than the majority of the squad and most of all i enjoy watching him play for my team. Before anyone replies saying do i watch him regular, the answer is yes home and away, all home most away. I proved a point to the fucking morons behind me last night, who slag him off constantly. After hearing them stand and scream Baker You Useless C### for the third time i turned and pointed out that they only ever mention his name when he's done something wrong. For the rest of the game everytime Carl made a good tackle, good pass (of which there were many), headers (of which they didnt comment on 3) i turned and shouted to them 'i cant hear you saying 'well done, go on say it, it wont hurt you, only your pride, you pricks', not a fucking mention, they just keep quiet. I kept this up for the whole second half and made there lives a fucking misery just like they make mine a misery listening to there pathetic bullying of a top bloke. Stopped the abuse for half agame anyway. Ive decided im going to keep the pressure on them until they get behind him. I think youve probably gathered im a bit pissed off, and i dont give a flying fuck what abuse you knobs want to throw at me for standing Baker's corner, it needs more of me to stand and tell the boo boys to FUCK OFF.:jerkit:

skyblue4ever

I honestly cannot believe how Carl gets such abuse and critism from our so called fans. He is by far my favourite current City player, shows commitment and passion for the club, has much more technical ability and flair than the majority of the squad and most of all i enjoy watching him play for my team. Before anyone replies saying do i watch him regular, the answer is yes home and away, all home most away. I proved a point to the fecking morons behind me last night, who slag him off constantly. After hearing them stand and scream Baker You Useless C### for the third time i turned and pointed out that they only ever mention his name when he's done something wrong. For the rest of the game everytime Carl made a good tackle, good pass (of which there were many), headers (of which they didnt comment on 3) i turned and shouted to them 'i cant hear you saying 'well done, go on say it, it wont hurt you, only your pride, you pricks', not a fecking mention, they just keep quiet. I kept this up for the whole second half and made there lives a fecking misery just like they make mine a misery listening to there pathetic bullying of a top bloke. Stopped the abuse for half agame anyway. Ive decided im going to keep the pressure on them until they get behind him. I think youve probably gathered im a bit pissed off, and i dont give a flying feck what abuse you knobs want to throw at me for standing Baker's corner, it needs more of me to stand and tell the boo boys to feck OFF.:jerkit:

well said steve. Agree with everything you say. It just backs up wat i have mentioned in previous posts. Well done for speaking up to those so called fans, do u sit in block 18 by any chance?

skybluejack10

I disagree with this, anyone that saw Carl play against Birmingham in the league cup would of seen how good he can be. He lacks confidence, playing in a winning side breeds confidence. Hopefully he can kick on now and believe in himself, because he is a decent player!

no he lacks consistency.
i completelt 100% agree with you shy-tall-knight
out of the 16 league games, he has played well in about 3. against birmingham he actually tried for once and played decent.
he's lazy. show's off with his cockyness, can;t shoot to save his life. can;t pass straight, can't pull of complicated passes, is useless at tackling and heading the ball. he lacks pace and tries to do tricks that are way ahead of him and ends up getting nowhere rather than moussa who actually takes players on with his skill and is threatening to the opposition! as a player, he;s not good enough.
as a captain he is diabolical and doesn;t deserve it. i'd choose wood ahead of him anyday or jennings for his work ethoc and commitment to winning the ball.

pusbccfc

The sad thing is, the abuse he gets is disgusting. I've seen him out and about in Coventry City Centre, I know people that know him from living in Meriden and at the Rugby leukaemia Bike ride I met him and I can safely say he's the most polite footballer you'll meet. He'll always stop and talk, and will continually say of his love to the club.

pusbccfc

no he lacks consistency.
out of the 16 league games, he has played well in about 3. against birmingham he actually tried for once and played decent.
he's lazy. show's off with his cockyness, can;t shoot to save his life. can;t pass straight, can't pull of complicated passes, is useless at tackling and heading the ball. he lacks pace and tries to do tricks that are way ahead of him and ends up getting nowhere rather than moussa who actually takes players on with his skill and is threatening to the opposition! as a player, he;s not good enough.
as a captain he is diabolical and doesn;t deserve it. i'd choose wood ahead of him anyday or jennings for his work ethoc and commitment to winning the ball.

LAZY!?!?!? What games have you been watching!

wingy

I think the manager knows on this one as he stated in an inerview last week,he's very happy with Carls contribution.

skyblue4ever

no he lacks consistency.

Lazy? Have you been to any games this season?

shy_tall_knight

I started this thread, to be clear I don't boo any player but I do as did most of the crowd groan when a player does something awful and cheer when they do something well. Last night there were a lot more groans than cheers for Baker because he did more bad things than good.

His goalscoring for us as an attacking midfielder is abysmal. Last night in the first half he had an opportunity but it was a weak shot that trickled wide. Stats for assists as the most regularly played attacking midfielder to be second on assists in a team in the bottom third of the third division is unlikely to win him the freedom of the city.

He sounds like a really nice guy and its unfortunate if he gets verbal abuse but this is a football forum and in my opinion he was poor with the ball but worked hard off the ball. I want us to get promoted eventually and don't think he has the capability to score and create the number of goals required.

Users who are viewing this thread