Carl Baker on Skysports (1 Viewer)

Baginton

if you think he wasnt inconsistant, you couldnt have gone to many games last season !!:whistle:

Otis

He has been inconsistent.

Not last season though. He was quite the opposite.

deanocity3

Carl is a top bloke,met him at the golf day yesterday,brought his boots from last season to be auctioned too,mixed all the former players and really enjoyed it.
bloody good golfer too.:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

He has been inconsistent.

Not last season though. He was quite the opposite.

Especially in his interviews! Not surprising that he's been leaned on given the headlines that his previous comments attracted I suppose.

Grendel

He isn't good enough to play for a decent championship side anyway, he'd only be a squad player at best for the majority of championship clubs.

Championship clubs would not look at him. He is at his ideal level.

Mucca Mad Boys

Inconsistent? He was our player of the season! You have no idea. If he is sold we become a pub team, L2 here we come.

He wasn't our best player last season, Clarke and McG were both far better, and more consistent players - look at our form when Clarke was injured - but niether of those wouldve got that award basedn the length of time they were here. Baker had some fantastic games, but then, some pretty piss poor games - you're portraying me as one of those idiots who slag Baker off for anything he does, I like him as a player but he is inconsistent, his most consistent season, yes, since November and December, albeit this could be said for the whole team, he just couldn't reach that level again - at a rough guess, I'd say about half his goals were scored in that period - he got 12 in total, and in 2013, I think most of his goals were deadballs, which is good, but in a way it isn't because it suggest his effectiveness in open play lessened in 2013 - again, the general potency of the team was lower after McG.

The team minus Baker is not L2, it's a good team, especially starting XI, but it needs strengthening in areas then we should be pushing playoffs minimum. Lots of people panicking about relegation, why? We finished, in my eyes, 12th (without deductions), factor in our start, and Clarke's injury, a top 10 finish would've been more than feasible. We only need 3-5 player IMO.

Bluegloucester

He wasn't our best player last season, Clarke and McG were both far better, and more consistent players - look at our form when Clarke was injured - but niether of those wouldve got that award basedn the length of time they were here. Baker had some fantastic games, but then, some pretty piss poor games - you're portraying me as one of those idiots who slag Baker off for anything he does, I like him as a player but he is inconsistent, his most consistent season, yes, since November and December, albeit this could be said for the whole team, he just couldn't reach that level again - at a rough guess, I'd say about half his goals were scored in that period - he got 12 in total, and in 2013, I think most of his goals were deadballs, which is good, but in a way it isn't because it suggest his effectiveness in open play lessened in 2013 - again, the general potency of the team was lower after McG.

The team minus Baker is not L2, it's a good team, especially starting XI, but it needs strengthening in areas then we should be pushing playoffs minimum. Lots of people panicking about relegation, why? We finished, in my eyes, 12th (without deductions), factor in our start, and Clarke's injury, a top 10 finish would've been more than feasible. We only need 3-5 player IMO.
Correct I am portraying you as an idiot.

SkyBlueSwiss

My guess is that he knows some other club is/will come in for him after the great season he had, so he has nothing to lose by basically indirectly pointing out that SISU/Fisher are acting like idiots.
I will be very surprised if we start next season with Baker and Clark - they will both be off imho. Unless SISU go, I genuinely think we will again be an academy squad and we will again be favourites for relegation and that this time next year - assuming w still exist - we will be looking forward to our first season in the fourth division of English football.

Grendel

My guess is that he knows some other club is/will come in for him after the great season he had, so he has nothing to lose by basically indirectly pointing out that SISU/Fisher are acting like idiots.
I will be very surprised if we start next season with Baker and Clark - they will both be off imho. Unless SISU go, I genuinely think we will again be an academy squad and we will again be favourites for relegation and that this time next year - assuming w still exist - we will be looking forward to our first season in the fourth division of English football.

He may get a move but only to a similar level team notts county as an example.

SkyBlueSwiss

He may get a move but only to a similar level team notts county as an example.

You are entitled to that opinion, just as you were entitled to your opinion that apart from SISU no-one was interested in CCFC so SISU were the onlyx game in town. You were wrong about that, so let's wait and see if you are wrong about Baker. I think Robins would be interested in him for starters, and maybe several others.

Do you think we will manage to keep Clark, and if he goes do you think that he too will only move sideways. Genuine question!

Grendel

He is league one standard so of course he is not consistent. You are at the level you are in any profession for a reason.

It's like the obsession with fleck. One 50 yard pass followed by a lot of huffing and puffing. Barton so called quality yet the fact is he is a fringe player in league one.

Clarke and Christie are the 2 that would walk into another club. Then there is murphy and baker who would get offers. The rest? I think they'll be happy wherever we play.

Grendel

You are entitled to that opinion, just as you were entitled to your opinion that apart from SISU no-one was interested in CCFC so SISU were the onlyx game in town. You were wrong about that, so let's wait and see if you are wrong about Baker. I think Robins would be interested in him for starters, and maybe several others.

Do you think we will manage to keep Clark, and if he goes do you think that he too will only move sideways. Genuine question!

Clarke as just stated will have takers. Am I wrong about new investors? I think you will find any owner wi want ACL as part of the deal so no I will be proved right yet again.

SkyBlueSwiss

Clarke as just stated will have takers. Am I wrong about new investors? I think you will find any owner wi want ACL as part of the deal so no I will be proved right yet again.

I would genuinely like to know your opinion of where we will be going if SISU remain as owners.
What do you think our squad will look like if we manage to start next season.
Where do you think we will be playing our home games.
Do you think we will be flirting with relegation again.
Do you think SISU will really build a new stadium.
Where do you think our club will be in another three years with SISU in charge.

I know you are not a SISU rent boy as some claim, and I would appreciate a sensible response.
Thanks.

Grendel

I would genuinely like to know your opinion of where we will be going if SISU remain as owners.
What do you think our squad will look like if we manage to start next season.
Where do you think we will be playing our home games.
Do you think we will be flirting with relegation again.
Do you think SISU will really build a new stadium.
Where do you think our club will be in another three years with SISU in charge.

I know you are not a SISU rent boy as some claim, and I would appreciate a sensible response.
Thanks.

Actually I don't get it.

In any industry you create a brand pyramid and you evaluate consumer behaviour. Football will have high brand loyalty amongst its supporters (obviously) but the demands for satisfaction are challenging.

No organisation will deliberately alienate the consumer to such an extent as is being proposed here. If a line manager of mine came up with the business model proposed here I would conclude he must be on some form of illegal substance.

It makes zero sense. People get hung up here on accounts and posters' slant on them. They are always debatable. Consumer loyalty and customer first principles are not.

So we conclude either they are utterly bonkers or this is just a strange game played out. Neither is desirable but we hope the latter.

Mucca Mad Boys

Correct I am portraying you as an idiot.

Well you are mistaken, if you refuse to accept Baker has limitations, his consistency, and crossing (very hit and miss), then you are a fool, he had a good season last season, unargubly his best as a CCFC player, but Baker is not getting younger, he's 30 going on 31, he's one of top earners and any pragmatist would have to consider a money bid, 100-300k, to sweeten the deal, Baker is an inconsistent performer. Every player has his price, for me, 250k is my price for Baker.

Bluegloucester

Well you are mistaken, if you refuse to accept Baker has limitations, his consistency, and crossing (very hit and miss), then you are a fool, he had a good season last season, unargubly his best as a CCFC player, but Baker is not getting younger, he's 30 going on 31, he's one of top earners and any pragmatist would have to consider a money bid, 100-300k, to sweeten the deal, Baker is an inconsistent performer. Every player has his price, for me, 250k is my price for Baker.

This is your opinion, he is one of the best midfielders in L1, a waste of time selling him for peanuts when he would need replacing. Now stop replying to this thread, it must be way past your bedtime.

Mucca Mad Boys

This is your opinion, he is one of the best midfielders in L1, a waste of time selling him for peanuts when he would need replacing. Now stop replying to this thread, it must be way past your bedtime.

Ronaldo was the best player in world when Man U sold him, my point here is that just because he's the best (in Baker's case, one of the best) doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't sell him, for all we know, it could make way for an even better player coming to replace him. Now, I do remember reading on this board and in the programmes, when I cared to collect them, that our very own Jimmy Hill making some very questionable sales (Hudson?) but brought in better players as a result. Don't be so naive.

Bluegloucester

Ronaldo was the best player in world when Man U sold him, my point here is that just because he's the best (in Baker's case, one of the best) doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't sell him, for all we know, it could make way for an even better player coming to replace him. Now, I do remember reading on this board and in the programmes, when I cared to collect them, that our very own Jimmy Hill making some very questionable sales (Hudson?) but brought in better players as a result. Don't be so naive.
How dare you call me naive, having been involved in professional sports management I think my opinion probably carries a little more weight than a spotty juvenile Pizza Hut employee who likes spouting off about nothing.

Mucca Mad Boys

How dare you call me naive, having been involved in professional sports management I think my opinion probably carries a little more weight than a spotty juvenile Pizza Hut employee who likes spouting off about nothing.

Did I hit a soft spot there, aww.

Have you got of that high horse yet? It's a big drop, do be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread