Carl Baker on Skysports (1 Viewer)

honestken

saying we really need to stay at the ricoh!

100% of the ppl he speaks to want us to stay in coventry at the ricoh.

meetings need to be had to sort this out, the players want to stay at the ricoh.

the guys talking sense.

Last edited:

@richh87

saying we really need to stay at the ricoh!

100% of the ppl he speaks to want us to stay in coventry at the ricoh.

meetings need to be had to sort this out, the players want to stay at the ricoh.

the guys talking sense.

Love Carl Baker anyway - but a little bit more now!

Baginton

not a good idea for the club captain to piss of his employers, wether its sensible or not !!

hasnt some decent club put an offer in for him yet?

chiefdave

not a good idea for the club captain to piss of his employers, wether its sensible or not !!

would be surprised if theres been no interest purely on the number of goals he got last season. does seem pretty settled in Cov but anywhere but here must be tempting with all this going on.

SkyblueBazza

On the other hand - maybe a scheming opportunity to get more people neutralised - or even onside!

ccfc92

I like the way he has gone about things. talking to the fans and pics of his kids in Cov tops, but im sure if he moved to a new club, it would change just as quick. (not having a go)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I like the way he has gone about things. talking to the fans and pics of his kids in Cov tops, but im sure if he moved to a new club, it would change just as quick. (not having a go)

I agree. When he moves on (as he won't be here for the rest of his career. If he is, I will.....well I don't know what I'd do but I'd think of something), he will probably do the same. Sure as hell can't see his kids buying the new Cov shirt every season 'cus dad once played for them and we are long term fans'.

If they did, I'd be amazed (and impressed as its always nice to see kids wearing CCFCH tops instead of the predictable ones (Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc)

ccfc92

I agree. When he moves on (as he won't be here for the rest of his career. If he is, I will.....well I don't know what I'd do but I'd think of something), he will probably do the same. Sure as hell can't see his kids buying the new Cov shirt every season 'cus dad once played for them and we are long term fans'.

If they did, I'd be amazed (and impressed as its always nice to see kids wearing CCFCH tops instead of the predictable ones (Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc)

yeahh, but im sure they will keep an eye out. when i went to school, i couldn't comprehend people supporting other teams other than cov. i remember vaguely, a kid who switched from supporting man u, then arsenal etc depending on who won the premiership. i just couldn't understand this as i've supported CCFC from day 1 in my life

maybe they've got the sky blue bug :whistle:

Mucca Mad Boys

...& he has value. Hmmm...bye Carl

I don't think that'd be too bad, he's not getting younger, he's a top earner, he's quite inconsistent, he's a great guy and role model for the club, but if given the opportunity, I'd probably cash-in.

ccfc92

I don't think that'd be too bad, he's not getting younger, he's a top earner, he's quite inconsistent, he's a great guy and role model for the club, but if given the opportunity, I'd probably cash-in.

agreed. only business wise. personally, i think since he became captain, he's excelled.

Chipfat

Huddersfield could be a possible destination, but fair play to him for breaking silence on what the players are thinking. Could it be a player revolt captain first then someone like Macca known nationally to follow baker would make this a bit interesting..

oakey

Why doesn't that surprise me?

StevieM

Carl Baker and the lad from the academy taking issue about his payslip saying Ltd at Fishes forum.....Big respect to both players from either end of the spectrum sticking their necks out:claping hands:

wingy

Certainly professionally deserves better than we can offer him!!

Yep last season he delivered .... Ultra professional....and a good Captain .....last season he was our Keogh ....gave it everything ... all heart.:claping hands::claping hands:

J

Jack Griffin

He will command a fee, so he will be off anyway.

Mucca Mad Boys

Thank God, it will never be your decision.

He's a good player with touches of class, but every player has their price, and at 30 going on 31, and given he's a somewhat inconsistent performer, it may be best to consider selling while he's worth something, also, factor in that he's a top earner, and some people have highlighted the need to reduce the wage bill.

Whilst last season was a fantastic season for him by all accounts, and he receives harsh criticism, but, inconsistency is still in his game.

Nonleagueherewecome

yeahh, but im sure they will keep an eye out. when i went to school, i couldn't comprehend people supporting other teams other than cov. i remember vaguely, a kid who switched from supporting man u, then arsenal etc depending on who won the premiership. i just couldn't understand this as i've supported CCFC from day 1 in my life

maybe they've got the sky blue bug :whistle:

To be fair, if your dad was a professional footballer, you'd probably have supported whoever he played for. That's probably the case with most footballers sons, with them ending up as slightly confused adults with soft spots for lots of clubs!

On Baker, he did say last season that with the responsibility of captaincy and with his family now settled in the area, he was utterly consumed by football last season in a way that he has never been in his career. He said on numerous occasions how much he loves the club and both on and off the pitch, his behaviour suggests exactly that. Of course it's a bit different to the love of a supporter who has followed a club all of their life.

Well done Carl, just hope the bastards can be ousted from the club before we lose you whilst in administration!

Last edited:

Chipfat

Selling Baker or any other is not the problem buying and replacing is!!!!!! someone like a Baker who has Quality in this league comes at a cost that will be out of reach if we groundshare..So Selling quality for a few quid now, will costs more down the line, short term gain for a long term loss, pretty much what SISU have done all along.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

He isn't good enough to play for a decent championship side anyway, he'd only be a squad player at best for the majority of championship clubs.

Bluegloucester

He's a good player with touches of class, but every player has their price, and at 30 going on 31, and given he's a somewhat inconsistent performer, it may be best to consider selling while he's worth something, also, factor in that he's a top earner, and some people have highlighted the need to reduce the wage bill.

Whilst last season was a fantastic season for him by all accounts, and he receives harsh criticism, but, inconsistency is still in his game.
Inconsistent? He was our player of the season! You have no idea. If he is sold we become a pub team, L2 here we come.

Users who are viewing this thread