Cardiff Match Thread (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

It's Match day again!*

Team and Scoreline predictions?

Where's the game going to be own and lost?

Who's confident about an upset?

*Lets try and keep the protest related stuff in the other thread and talk about Football!

Hobo

There is plenty of football being talked on other threads to be fair.

Hobo

But a marked improvement in the last week, which is refreshing.

Hobo

Cardiff 2-1

ccfcmustang

2-2 then onto pens which we will lose. Aron Gunnarsson will score the winner. Ive become a little bit tired of hearing long term future for the club from Pressley- for him then to sign players on one year deals or short term loans. Therefore if we get a nice sized compensation deal id be happy for us to part ways.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
From BBC Sports site;
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer:
The Norwegian is well aware defeat by League One Coventry, for a side who
were in the Premier League last season, would be viewed as an upset.
"Coventry are a big club themselves. I played many time against them myself,"
the former Manchester United striker said.
"They've been successful in the cup before so we know it's going to be a tough game."

Nice to know he remembers us! Hope he goes to the right ground (unlike some! :D http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28765011)

Spionkop

The 'Soccerbase' take on tonight and on Elvis and Huddersfield.

More misery on cards for Elvis and Sky Blues fans

COVENTRY need ‘something a little bit different', according to boss Steven Pressley, if they are to put up a decent challenge this season.

How about new owners, a new ground, a new playing squad and a new gaffer. That'd fit the bill, wouldn't it?

Actually they may well be needing a new manager soon. As I'm typing this, Pressley's one of the jollies for the Huddersfield job, based it seems on the fact that Huddersfield nicked the previous Coventry boss and Pressley, presumably, would love to jump ship if the right offer came along.

Mind you, given that Mark Robins was given one game to turn Huddersfield's season around, I'm not sure anyone would want the Terriers gig. More funny farm than Galpharm.

Pressley's got the small matter of a League Cup tie with Cardiff to focus on. (Incidentally, if Cardiff were worried that a drop out of the Premier League was going to cost them a fortune in TV cash, they needn't have worried. That's twice in five days they'll have been on the box. Even Clare Balding can't trump that.)

We know most Sky Blues diehards won't go near Sixfields, but presumably they'll still tune in to watch the tie, and presumably they can still bet on their side as well. Or in this case, bet against them.

Well, they lost their two best strikers over the course of the last six months and I doubt Elvis's heart is really in it. For ‘something a little bit different' read ‘something very similar to last season'. Could be a long one for Cov.

skybluelee

Lower Div teams regularly beat teams from higher league teams at this stage of the League Cup so we definitely have a chance. Hopefully Cardiff take longer to adjust to the pre-season type atmosphere than we do.

Greggs

Hopefully Mcwank, Swanson and O'Brien have been practicing their special abilities since Saturday. How do you get better at running around at full pace?

LJC_CCFC

Sky's coverage starts at seven, so they're either going to look at our situation in depth...or show the goals from last night

Users who are viewing this thread