Cardiff Match Thread (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't see the Bradford game but Haynes was far better than Pugh last night, Pugh never got forward once last night. Doesn't look like he has the legs to play wing back tbh. Whilst we're talking about him, his defensive qualities shone through against Bradford for sure when both crosses came from his side. Out of position or not, it was poor.

I know it was only one game from young Haynes but on that showing he should certainly be at least challenging Pugh for a starting spot this season.

LJC_CCFC

If you seriously believe that we've lost both games due to our formation then I would argue you don't 'have a decent understanding of the game'.

I believe you will come to realise over the next four or five weeks that our squad is woefully weak and devoid of quality in several key areas.

The squad isn't weak at all, these players need to be given the platform to play. Although it looks likely that Pressley will stick with 5-3-2, consequently we will probably have a run of dire results and Pressley will get the sack.

SIR ERNIE

The squad isn't weak at all, these players need to be given the platform to play. Although it looks likely that Pressley will stick with 5-3-2, consequently we will probably have a run of dire results and Pressley will get the sack.

Ah ok I get it.

So the squad is fine but if we get a poor run of results over the next few weeks it'll be because Steven Pressley doesn't have the football nouse that you do (how old did you say you were, 20?) and is playing the wrong formation.

yep, got it.

LJC_CCFC

Ah ok I get it.

So the squad is fine but if we get a poor run of results over the next few weeks it'll be because Steven Pressley doesn't have the football nouse that you do (how old did you say you were, 20?) and is playing the wrong formation.

yep, got it.

The formation doesn't work it's very clear to see.

chiefdave

SP should make a call about getting Barnum-Bobb in on loan. Thought he looked decent (and has a great name!) and doesn't look like he'll be getting much first team football at Cardiff.

Nick

Administrator
SP should make a call about getting Barnum-Bobb in on loan. Thought he looked decent (and has a great name!) and doesn't look like he'll be getting much first team football at Cardiff.

I'd buy a shirt just to have his name on!

letsallsingtogether

The formation doesn't work it's very clear to see.
Got to disagree don't believe these players good enough. So blaming the formation is a cop out.
Time will tell.
Give them a season to gel then sell them on and start again sorry but you can't keep doing that it doesn't work, seems we do it every year no matter who the manager is.
That is why we are where we are!!!

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, so many people were saying the same when thorn was persisting with the diamond. No manager could do better, no manager would come here etc etc.

It was quite clear last night the formation want working, look how much better swanson was when he sat deeper and could be a play maker?

LJC_CCFC

Got to disagree don't believe these players good enough. So blaming the formation is a cop out.
Time will tell.
Give them a season to gel then sell them on and start again sorry but you can't keep doing that it doesn't work, seems we do it every year no matter who the manager is.
That is why we are where we are!!!

It's not a kop out at all, if we played 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or even 4-2-3-1 we'd perform better. Whether that would be enough of an improvement to see us challenge for the play offs, only time will tell

Nick

Administrator
It's not a kop out at all, if we played 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or even 4-2-3-1 we'd perform better. Whether that would be enough of an improvement to see us challenge for the play offs, only time will tell

Or just had a plan b

letsallsingtogether

That's like saying if we had so and so in the team we would have been better who knows?
All I'm saying you can't keep rebuilding a team without a decent core already there we, haven't had that in ages.
So managers are having to do the best they can.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

th

Users who are viewing this thread