Match Thread Cardiff - Home - wednesday the 15th (1 Viewer)

mmttww

Back three were outstanding. Dabo's passing needs work; he's got time to practice now so there's a silver lining!

Moore is such a presence compared to Marosi. Waghorn's work rate and movement really caught my eye today.

Want O'Hare, Allen and Hamer to pull the trigger from the edge of the box sometimes. Keep defenders guessing.

SlowerThanPlatt

Back three were outstanding. Dabo's passing needs work; he's got time to practice now so there's a silver lining!

Moore is such a presence compared to Marosi. Waghorn's work rate and movement really caught my eye today.

Want O'Hare, Allen and Hamer to pull the trigger from the edge of the box sometimes. Keep defenders guessing.

O’Hare can understand as most of the time it’s a pass back to the goalkeeper when he does shoot. Hamer maybe lacking a little confidence

Reactions: vow

Great_Expectations

Dabo will be a real loss, his energy and attacking impetus are key, and he’s improved defensively.

It’s obviously early days, so he’ll improve as he settles, gets fit, plays etc, but Kane has looked poor in his cameos. Which compounds the loss of Dabo even more.

Reactions: vow

lifeskyblue

Some of the best attacking football I’ve seen city play. Slick passing, great movement off ball and inventive…just missing some clinical fishing…if we find that this team could finish in top 6. Defence very solid against a tall, aggressive and ‘bullying’ team. Only thing I can fault is dabo’s rush of blood. Can’t remember last time a performance (rather than result) has left me feeling so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johhny Blue

Well done Robins for keeping the same team. He could have been justified in putting Sheaf in there for Allen to counter their physicality but he obviously has confidence in the team's ability to out-football the likes of Cardiff. There were also clever tactics keeping 3 upfield when defending corners, stopping them from crowding the box.
And still winning all the headers

covcity4life

I thibk kane has been ok in his game is personally

Some hard tackles vs Boro and today he was fouled twice in lead up the Cardiff only good chance. First hand to face then pushed in back

He got to byline tonight too in attack so if it's him who gets now over da Costa hopefully he can help us

Great_Expectations

Best game I’ve seen JCS have for us, he was defensively sound, strong in all his battles and really confident on the ball, even bringing it out of defence which always causes issues for the opposition.

Hyam was great too, his anticipation, positioning and strength were especially stand out today. McFadz was a leader and battler as always.

Gyokeres, Allen, COH and Hamer the other stand outs.

We’re a real joy to watch and I would fancy us to give anyone a game.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
The movement and Passing was incredible at times, just need to have that bit of luck to have the additional goals that it looks deserves, defenders looked solid for the majority of the game against tough demanding opponents.
really enjoyed that tonight

shmmeee

O’Hare can understand as most of the time it’s a pass back to the goalkeeper when he does shoot. Hamer maybe lacking a little confidence

O’Hare needs to spend his time learning to aim top corner, it’s the only way he’s going to score outside the six yard box.

ps1948

Damn we look a really good team. Getting scarily excited

Do need to be better in final third. Allen playing so well but may just lack the skill to thread through final ball

Gyokres continues to look like perhaps his level is prem

Such a shame Dabo may have cost us future points. Auto promotion is at stake
Nice to be able to read your comments without using google translate.
Must take issue with your point about Allen, as he was the guy who played the ball through for Gyo to score in these last two games.
Onwards and upwards. PUSB

LastGarrison

Someone posted it earlier but that is one of the most comfortable 1-0 victories I’ve watched.

Moore didn’t have a save to make did he? Hyam was class and not sure he lost a header!! Waghorn and Gyo’s feet were like glue, everything seemed to stick and their runs were constantly dragging dragging Cardiff’s defence all over the place.

Great atmosphere again but not sure there were 1500 Cardiff there! Even if there were their support was very quiet which I think is a testament to how much we controlled the game.

Only negative is Dabo’s red but was just a rush of blood to the head but with Kane slotting in, hopefully, it won’t have too much of a negative effect.

Mucca Mad Boys

Nice to be able to read your comments without using google translate.
Must take issue with your point about Allen, as he was the guy who played the ball through for Gyo to score in these last two games.
Onwards and upwards. PUSB

Everything about the goal was class tonight. Allen’s through ball, O’Hare’s subtle flick onto Gyo. The finish was perfect and at the perfect moment right before he was closed down.

You can tell we’re an outfit that has a clear identity, the continuity of management and players and everything is coming together nicely this season.

Going into the season, I felt like all our strikers could get 10 goals, I did not expect Gyo to be on 4 goals after 7 games at all!

shmmeee

Everything about the goal was class tonight. Allen’s through ball, O’Hare’s subtle flick onto Gyo. The finish was perfect and at the perfect moment right before he was closed down.

You can tell we’re an outfit that has a clear identity, the continuity of management and players and everything is coming together nicely this season.

Going into the season, I felt like all our strikers could get 10 goals, I did not expect Gyo to be on 4 goals after 7 games at all!

Two assists as well! 6 goal involvements in 7 games is incredible. That’s 75% of our goals he’s been involved in.

harvey098

Some of the best attacking football I’ve seen city play. Slick passing, great movement off ball and inventive…just missing some clinical fishing…if we find that this team could finish in top 6. Defence very solid against a tall, aggressive and ‘bullying’ team. Only thing I can fault is dabo’s rush of blood. Can’t remember last time a performance (rather than result) has left me feeling so high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe could get Rod McDonald back?

Mucca Mad Boys

Two assists as well! 6 goal involvements in 7 games is incredible. That’s 75% of our goals he’s been involved in.

Gyo will only improve too. There’s a couple of occasions where his final ball is lacking, the most recent example being the Godden chance.

He’s been a revelation. I thought he was a good signing, perhaps someone who would grow into the season. He’s taken this season by the scruf of the neck and is riding high on momentum. Whatever he touches, he scores.

Users who are viewing this thread