Match Thread Cardiff - Home - wednesday the 15th (2 Viewers)

steve101

Well done Robins for keeping the same team. He could have been justified in putting Sheaf in there for Allen to counter their physicality but he obviously has confidence in the team's ability to out-football the likes of Cardiff. There were also clever tactics keeping 3 upfield when defending corners, stopping them from crowding the box.

CCFCSteve

Keep it going boys !!! 16.3k on a Wednesday, amazing atmosphere and the players are loving it

Need a better song for Gyokeres (or need to sing it more), he’s been an absolute beast so far this season, great goal again today. Another quality team performance

CCFCSteve

Have we ever had a striker as prolific as Vic (I know its early days), that we don't have a song for?

Snap. missed this before. There is a song but its shit (sung to the tune of baby give it up I think - only heard it a couple of brief times tonight). Love the Ohare and Hamer songs but poor Vik must be wondering where’s the love ?!

Edit - think I might getting confused with Simon moore. Long day. Tired. Might be just making up random tunes in my head. Viktor might be based kungs tune. Either way need the Hamer song writer to step up and do another !

Last edited:

olderskyblue

I enjoyed the game. Watching our passing game vs their lump it in the air every time was interesting, and I thought exciting. Some really good performances from the players, and given one or two were a little below their usual level, an impressive performance.

mark82

According to Football Discipline - Yellow Cards, Red Cards and Suspensions, explained

• For a sending off, after a second yellow in one game, the suspension period is one match.
  • For a so-called professional foul, a player will also receive a one-match ban.
  • If the foul in question is dissent, it will normally be a two-match ban.
  • If we are talking about violent conduct, the punishment is normally a three-match ban.
The above types of fouls, and the length of the bans that go with them, are only given in terms of guidance. Each foul must be reviewed on its own merits and circumstances, and the suspension award decided upon can be longer or shorter.

None of those. Serious Foul Play, 3 match ban.

djr8369

4th! Fucking 4th!

Have we ever been 4th in the championship before with a decent number of games played? I’m thinking we were at some point when we first came down from the premier league but struggling to remember it.
Weren’t we top at Christmas under Dowie?

Just got back. Enjoying my first season ticket (so far).

Fadz, immense. Gyo, real handful. Wag horn, great. Ref poor.

Great to put the McCarthy-saurus to the sword!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s happening isn’t it ?

iView attachment 21803
giphy-downsized.gif

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread