Carabao Cup (3 Viewers)

PurpleBin

Exeter will bring about 400-500. Depends on how their season starts. Not the draw I wanted. I watch both teams. Will probably travel up for this one (home end, of course).

Really? Didn't think they'd get near that!

pusbccfc

Exeter will bring 500. New ground for many of them apparently.

Crowd of 1500.

fred binneys head

We’ll probably bring more than most of you think we will, considering we’re a small club from fucking miles away. And when we sing “you’re supposed to be at home”, we mean it literally and are considering it as a song of support to a club going through shit at the moment. Honest, guv.

fred binneys head

Not a new ground for me, I’ve been to St. Andrews lots of times, but as we’ve not played the Blues since 1999 there will be a lot of youngsters who won’t have been.

Somerset Sky Blue

Not a new ground for me, I’ve been to St. Andrews lots of times, but as we’ve not played the Blues since 1999 there will be a lot of youngsters who won’t have been.
Wish it was at your place with sufficient tickets for the away fans!
Last league game we played, your ground was under redevelopment, so couldn't go to a local away game!
Is the ground finished?

fred binneys head

Wish it was at your place with sufficient tickets for the away fans!
Last league game we played, your ground was under redevelopment, so couldn't go to a local away game!
Is the ground finished?

Yes, away end terrace now has a roof with about 1,000 capacity, plus we’d probably give you 400 seats too, so should be enough unless you’re top of the league (if we ever join you in the same league again) or it’s the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Otis

Why is there only one Carabao Cup game on this week? Anyone know?

Just Portsmouth v Birmingham that I can see.

Otis

Tv that is the only reason

But that's daft isn't it? There could be other games played too. Always had a game on live in the cup while other games have been going on haven't they.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We need to have a real go at this cup and try and make the 3rd round and draw a top 6 prem side. Tv cash and of course a sell out at St Andrews!!!!! How ironic would it be if we got villa at home!!

Not as much as Birmingham. That would be a headscratcher. Ticketing could be an interesting affair. I wonder if the clubs could/would agree to play it as Birmingham home game to make it easier all round? More likely to get a better crowd and as revenues are shared for cup games would make financial sense too.

chiefdave

Not as much as Birmingham. That would be a headscratcher. Ticketing could be an interesting affair. I wonder if the clubs could/would agree to play it as Birmingham home game to make it easier all round? More likely to get a better crowd and as revenues are shared for cup games would make financial sense too.
Depending how they can segregate things you could probably get all our fans who wanted to go and all the Birmingham fans into St Andrews.

Frank Sidebottom

Two 1-0 home wins for both clubs on the first day. Should be a good game next week, do you think you’ll play your reserve team?
Too early in the season to tell who'll be our reserve team yet. Got a few players recovering from injuries/knocks so maybe a chance for them to get up and running.

theferret

This is obviously going to be a very low crowd, as it would be if it were at the Ricoh of course, but I can see the usual suspects on twitter ignoring that obvious fact and milking it for all its worth, throwing out laughing emojis all over the shop. The CT will headline with a picture of a near empty Kop Stand, which will become their go to SA banner image for the rest of the season. Just know it.

mark82

This is obviously going to be a very low crowd, as it would be if it were at the Ricoh of course, but I can see the usual suspects on twitter ignoring that obvious fact and milking it for all its worth, throwing out laughing emojis all over the shop. The CT will headline with a picture of a near empty Kop Stand, which will become their go to SA banner image for the rest of the season. Just know it.

Wait until the leasing.com trophy games.

Jcap

Well no need to worry for time being - Portsmouth won 3-0.

Skyblueweeman

Went to the Pompey game last night, invited by a mate but secretly on a scouting mission for a couple of weeks time.

Have to say, they looked really good and that was without their new signing Marquis. Good going forward, good up top, good out wide.

Another thing...I was the stand with that twat with the bell. Credit to Pompey...I dont think I've seen a home set of fans make so much noise. Especially when it was the first round of a cup, Tuesday night and just 10k fans there.

Decent turn out from Brum but they were poor 2nd half. Fans very quiet as well.

Looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks, this time at the other end of the ground.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

We havnt done ib league cup in ages. Its a good tourney. U either get a club club quickly usually or u have a chance of lower teams progressing as beat fringe sides

Lets win this one and see what awaits us in next round

A few changes sure but we should still be able to win

Asuming 5 chnages max allowed

Reserve keeper wilson?
Mcallum
Mcfadz
Hyam
Pask
Shipley
Kelly
Westbrooke
Hiwulla
Baka
Jobello

Maybe eccles a start in middle

Terry_dactyl

I think Pompey got it right yesterday...not only as they won but also playing with pretty much their 1st team. I would’ve thought at this stage of the season getting your first teamers playing as many games together is a must.

Skyblueweeman

I think Pompey got it right yesterday...not only as they won but also playing with pretty much their 1st team. I would’ve thought at this stage of the season getting your first teamers playing as many games together is a must.

Agreed. Both teams took about 20 mins to really get going with no real clear cut chances. A lot of build up play but with no real end product, then Pompey just seemed to click. It's going to be a tough game for us in a couple of weeks, that's for sure.

Marquis, their new signing, didn't play as his missus went into labour yesterday, so the Pompey fans were saying.

Half way through the 2nd half, two Pompey fans got in a fight and stewards were dragging one out and he spat at them. Cue a few thousand fans turning and shouting 'wanker, wanker, wanker' at him which I thought was a touch. Rightly castigating one of your own for being a knob.

Terry_dactyl

Agreed. Both teams took about 20 mins to really get going with no real clear cut chances. A lot of build up play but with no real end product, then Pompey just seemed to click. It's going to be a tough game for us in a couple of weeks, that's for sure.

Marquis, their new signing, didn't play as his missus went into labour yesterday, so the Pompey fans were saying.

Half way through the 2nd half, two Pompey fans got in a fight and stewards were dragging one out and he spat at them. Cue a few thousand fans turning and shouting 'wanker, wanker, wanker' at him which I thought was a touch. Rightly castigating one of your own for being a knob.
Good ol’ Pompey. They don’t change. Did you see last year in the playoffs when the fan tried to fight one of the Sunderland players? Numbskull.
Last year before he stopped playing, Ronan Curtis looked the business. I thought he looked sharp yesterday. You’d imagine they’ll be there or thereabouts come the end of the year.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Haha, always nice to hear. One of the things that always baffles me is how our fans turn on the stewards and start scrapping with them, real mob mentality. I feel like one of our fans could piss on a disabled child and most of the mob would still be supporting them over the stewards. Frightening.

PCH

Went to the Pompey game last night, invited by a mate but secretly on a scouting mission for a couple of weeks time.

Have to say, they looked really good and that was without their new signing Marquis. Good going forward, good up top, good out wide.

Another thing...I was the stand with that twat with the bell. Credit to Pompey...I dont think I've seen a home set of fans make so much noise. Especially when it was the first round of a cup, Tuesday night and just 10k fans there.

Decent turn out from Brum but they were poor 2nd half. Fans very quiet as well.

Looking forward to going back in a couple of weeks, this time at the other end of the ground.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
3 cheers for the Mexicans

Skyblueweeman

Just to confirm, the fans were shouting 'wanker' at the fan who was fighting, then spat at the steward, not the steward!

Skyblueweeman

I wish they'd tell that cowbell twat to piss off.

Apparently he's missed one game in something like 15 years...fair play to him. Always late to games apparently as he's getting hammered in the pubs nearby.

Doesn't sound/look like your average book shop owner from a quiet town in Hampshire.

Terry_dactyl

Apparently he's missed one game in something like 15 years...fair play to him. Always late to games apparently as he's getting hammered in the pubs nearby.

Doesn't sound/look like your average book shop owner from a quiet town in Hampshire.
Mr Portsmouth FC!
A Pompey institution. Was at a Middlesbrough v Pompey game years back and the police kicked him out, seemingly for having the bell. Pompey fans weren’t happy.
Wouldn’t want to be sat near him every week mind...

Users who are viewing this thread