Capital One Cup Draw. 12:30 15/08/12 (1 Viewer)

Gaskell

Does anyone know how the draw is worked out, there are seeded and unseeded teams. The draw is at 12:30 today. Who would people like to see us be drawn against?

Seeded: Everton, Fulham, West Brom, Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland, Stoke, Wigan, Aston Villa, QPR, Reading, Southampton, West Ham, Bolton, BLACKBURN ROVERS, Wolves, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Hull, Leicester, Watford, BURNLEY, Leeds, Ipswich, Crystal Palace.
696332347356417256486b4142383673

Unseeded: Peterborough, Carlisle, MK Dons, Crewe, Doncaster, Bradford, Barnsley, Burton, Walsall, Morecambe, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Preston, Crawley, Scunthorpe, Swindon, Northampton, Gillingham, Leyton Orient, Tranmere, Coventry, Oxford, Plymouth, Stevenage​

skybluelee

Why villa, we'd get battered?

A league 2 team at home please. Unless we have to play a seeded team in which case palace or watford at home.

covcity4life

A league 2 team at home please. Unless we have to play a seeded team in which case palace or watford at home.

id love league 2 at home but isnt draw seeded?

if so villa at home for the spectacle,or sunderland

if not all seeded then oxford at home and get to 3rd round and let the dreaming begin!

Gaskell

If it works out how I think it will then then I'd rather play a bigger team (Swansea, Sunderland, West Ham, Villa etc) Than risk a defeat to the likes of Watford or Ipswich.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Anyone know if they are doing the draw live or it is just a case of F5'ing the hell out of the BBC Sport Football page about 12:30?

CTID

If its seeded v unseeded then sod it, may aswel be Villa at home! Wouldnt fancy our chances against any of the seeded teams so might aswel have some fun on the way!

skybluelee

League one teams are always knocking out champ trams in this comp. At least we would have a chance. No fun watching villa batter us 4-0.

torchomatic

I agree, I always want easy home draws. Why would we want to play a team who will hammer us. At least let's wait until the QF or SF. We could do it if we had easy ties all the way through.

Moff

Home draw please, and dont mind who as forgotten what being in this round feels like!!!

jabharty

Seeding seems pretty crap tbh. At least in the FA Cup, there is a chance that you can come up against a team of your level, but in the league cup, they make you have a difficult tie, which means it's hard for a league 1 and 2 side to play a massive side like chelsea/man city in the 3rd round.

Hincha

We want a Premier club at home who will draw the crowds, but a team who will play their youth side so we can win.

skybluebeduff

PLEASE BE VILLA PLEASE BE VILLA PLEASE BE VILLA, how could you want league two team?? suppose we lose to them??? I'd rather have that chance of winning or losing against Villa anyday!!!

covcity4life

how can you ask sucha question?

l2 side offers icnreased chance of advancing in this competition

thats the aim

you may say whats the point but with advancement comes more money and the chance of big boys will always remain

enough easy ties and all of a sudden you find yourself in a quarter final vs a prem team that plays their reserves...excitement of a possible semi final is somewhere we have all been before and it feels good!

thechase

Not sure how many times this can be explained but we cant play a league 2 or league 1 side in the next round. We are unseeded so can only play a premiership or top championship side.

covcity4life

Not sure how many times this can be explained but we cant play a league 2 or league 1 side in the next round. We are unseeded so can only play a premiership or top championship side.

i udnerstand,i was just addressing above person who couldnt understand why we would want lower opposition

out of all those teams we need villa at home imo, been ages.

covcity4life

nah,i would like to see the ricoh rocking again

not expecting chelsea like crowds but you would think villa would lead to 22k plus attendence

torchomatic

It'd be a lot less than that. Don't forget there's loads not going until SISU have gone.

nah,i would like to see the ricoh rocking again

not expecting chelsea like crowds but you would think villa would lead to 22k plus attendence

Last edited:

skybluebeduff

i udnerstand,i was just addressing above person who couldnt understand why we would want lower opposition

out of all those teams we need villa at home imo, been ages.

Villa at home or Barnsley Away, no-brainer, plus understanding and wanting are two very different words my friend!

Users who are viewing this thread