Candidates (3 Viewers)

sky_blue_up_north

Billy Davies - out of work for a year so might have a point to prove. Got an awful Derby team to the Prem and was always in the play-offs with Preston & Forest
He is the man for me passion great record at this level

WillieStanley

I am not saying it will be Dublin but i believe the person who told me he was approached last season to be telling the truth. As for the way he left us i think that makes him an ideal candidate and the facts of his transfer to Villa have never been aired properly but thats old ground.

Was it the same person who told you about the take over?

Mucca Mad Boys

Howe and powell no chance.
Loking at any of the following.... shaw dyche is local blackwell will apply ince wise mcallister may apply dublin will apply others who may look into it are abbott irvine megson laws.

Abbott will definately apply, he applied last time, he'd be well up for it being one of us, and he'd have better chance of getting the job as he'll demand low wages, he's worked on a shoe string budget and we're in L1, he and Tisdale will be right up there!

WestEndAgro

Hated Neville as a player but his punditry on MFN is awesome

Neville was a exceptional player, you don't stay at United as long as he did and gain as many England caps as he did by accident, hugely underrated by many.
But you make a good point about his MFN.

Don't think he would be interested , but worth a shot imo

Martin180

Neville was a exceptional player, you don't stay at United as long as he did and gain as many England caps as he did by accident, hugely underrated by many.
But you make a good point about his MFN.

Don't think he would be interested , but worth a shot imo
Didnt hate his ability pal , just hated him ;)

Gaz

Gary Neville

Dion Dublin

Just a thought. ?

I'm not sure if Dublin really is interested in football managment, Gary Neville on the other hand seems like he really knows what he is talking about and has impressed me greatly, but he is working with the England team so don't think he would be interested.

covboy9

dyche, robins or barmby for me

alot of names mentioned are way out of our league i.e davies

i think carsley will get the job and good luck to him, lets be honest first thing he should do is sack shaw, i liked flowers as a number 2, but it will prob end up kilbane!

just think when thorn took over we were a championship side in a slightly better financial shape that we are in now, no serious manager in his right mind wanted the job then and wont now

the sacking of thorn was the right decision

comeback big ron lol

skyblue_rich

Another person to throw into the hat is Richard money. Did a great job at walsall with no money. Ex youth coach at cov. Plus he would be cheapish. Or maybe hoddle? He has something to prove in England, and should have good contacts at big clubs plus should know good youngsters after he academy in Spain. But would prefer abbott or
Tisdale

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Barmby! Now there's one I hadn't thought of. Done reasonably well at Hull although he left because he criticised the board for lack of support. Don think he'd get much more support if he came here.

Also another one who has only a few games under his belt. Imagine clubs were looking at Thorn after his first 10 games :)

Houdi

As all these threads prove sacking the manager is the easy bit.Different fans giving loads of different names from the sublime to the ridiculous.Some claim Thorn had no managerial experience,so how about Coleman,Dowie,Ade or Peter Reid they are all experienced success elsewhere so how about...oh wait we have already been there.So why did the fans want them and indeed others managers out,wasn't it because they were clueless,tactically lacking etc etc.
Funningly enough our 3 best managers over the past 50 years were Jimmy Hill,Noel Cantwell and George and John,all of whom were managerial novices.It's a good job the internet didn't exist in the early 1960's or I doubt Jimmy would have got the job.
No doubt the Friday phone will be all about who should be the new manager,with Clive et al,stressing the need for the new manager being given time.and constantly sacking managers gets you nowwhere,and so the predictable cycle starts.A few weeks maybe months down the line,after a couple of bad performances/defeats 1 or 2 fans will start to question the new managers tactics/formations/substitutions and eventually the herd instinct will take over and in a12/18 months time,the calls for his dismissal will reach a cresendo,and the next cycle will start.
Whoever the new manager is,one thing is certain sooner rather than later some fans will be calling for his head.

Users who are viewing this thread