Can we help CCFC? (2 Viewers)

Magwitch

Mind boggling, lay offs, redundancies, severe illness maybe death awaits many but the talk is throwing money at one of the most difficult secretive hedge funds in the country because that’s were your money will go, if I thought every pound note I gave would go in full to ccfc I’d be head of queue.

Covkid1968#

Needs to be new money rather than pre paid season tickets

Skype call with Mr Robbins or players where you pay £10 to be part of it and to put a question to him.

Signed memorabilia.... £5 for an original signed picture. The players must have loads of time to sign stuff

TBH I’d be happy to pay £10 a week during this period without anything in return. It’s a local community thing for me so I’d be happy to donate. I pay that for a kid called Terrence in Africa.... so I’d be more than happy to switch during this period. Tezza might be less impressed!!

a crowd funded page would attract people who are in safe jobs but aren’t spending on travelling and going to Footie matches.

Sky Blue Harry H

Mind boggling, lay offs, redundancies, severe illness maybe death awaits many but the talk is throwing money at one of the most difficult secretive hedge funds in the country because that’s were your money will go, if I thought every pound note I gave would go in full to ccfc I’d be head of queue.
Be honest - you don't know that. Don't like SISU and what they have previously done with the club, but let's not pretend that none of our money currently supports the football club. Out of interest - and I haven't looked at your previous posting - have you been attending games? If the answer is no.....but if the answer is yes then it's a strange stance. I would be happy to help my football club, but am also happy to help others. The two things are not mutually exclusive, are they?

christonabike

Maybe we could set up a page on here where people who have certain skills can help fellow fans on here with minor jobs that need doing. For example someone with a dripping tap or needs a job done around the house or on their car for example. Many of us will be on short time or even laid off and money is right and a help with something they can’t do but is simple enough for a skilled person to do easily would be a great way to help one another.
Then when things pick up (please God) they can spend a few quid saved on ccfc. That way we all benefit and so does the club!
I do engine diagnostics for example and would be willing to help for a start. Maybe put a post up of what your in need of and a member can PM them with an offer of help and they don’t have to tell everyone their business if they want to keep it private etc.

Magwitch

Be honest - you don't know that. Don't like SISU and what they have previously done with the club, but let's not pretend that none of our money currently supports the football club. Out of interest - and I haven't looked at your previous posting - have you been attending games? If the answer is no.....but if the answer is yes then it's a strange stance. I would be happy to help my football club, but am also happy to help others. The two things are not mutually exclusive, are they?
Don’t see whether I attend games is relevant or not but I will answer, I have been to a number of away games including the last few, Rochdale, Ipswich and have tickets for Lincoln and Accrington some home, not all, and going back over time many games including Trakia Plovdiv but it makes no difference to me if someone goes or not,
SISU have baggage, loads of it and so far have as usual been silent including the club chairman they took a decision to play home games 22 miles away reducing club revenue, The finance package released the other day by the EFL with maybe more to come, help from Government and with more to be announced today, recent incoming transfer money suggests to me over the next twelve weeks we should be okay.
As I said if all of every pound I gave to help my club went to the club I would be at the front of any queue but there’s no trust in that would happen.

Nick

Administrator

Here we go.

Covkid1968#

Don’t see whether I attend games is relevant or not but I will answer, I have been to a number of away games including the last few, Rochdale, Ipswich and have tickets for Lincoln and Accrington some home, not all, and going back over time many games including Trakia Plovdiv but it makes no difference to me if someone goes or not,
SISU have baggage, loads of it and so far have as usual been silent including the club chairman they took a decision to play home games 22 miles away reducing club revenue, The finance package released the other day by the EFL with maybe more to come, help from Government and with more to be announced today, recent incoming transfer money suggests to me over the next twelve weeks we should be okay.
As I said if all of every pound I gave to help my club went to the club I would be at the front of any queue but there’s no trust in that would happen.
But I don’t want to hear from them...in my mind I have managed to separate the club from sisu ... took a while but I got there...I don’t want them coming back on the scene sticking their noses in a business they know fook all about. The lack of aFisher et all has done wonders for the club and long may it continue

Nick

Administrator
Please dont turn this into a SISU debate.

If that's all you've got to add, then fuck off elsewhere. There's plenty of other threads for you to disrupt.
giphy.gif

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Maybe in times of lay offs, redundancies, severe illness and death, the club continuing to exist and hopefully getting promotion is a small beacon of hope to cling to?
This shit is going to get a lot worse before it gets better and I don't know about others, but when I can finally go and watch a game and celebrate a goal, I will go fucking mental, probably cry like a child and be hugging my boy closer than ever.
At that point, wondering whether SISU took 40p in the £1 of my donation that kept the club alive will be a long long way from my mind.

Nick

Administrator
But if he'd said something about CCC or the CT you'd have been first in the queue to have had a pop as well.

Funnily enough I havent supported the council or the CET all my life so there probably is some bias.

I wish everybody could say the same.

AOM

Noticed the home and away shirts are reduced by a tenner at the moment on the clubs site for anyone interested!

I'm sure all the dodgy fakes on ebay haven't helped finances much this year...

ccfc92

I'm guessing that the news should help ease clubs finances?

If a player is on £4,000 a month, then that's £2,500 a month towards it.

Also, the club can suspend VAT for a bit.

SkyBlueGuy

I know money is likely to be tight for many, but for some, the lack of going out is bound to save some of the outgoing. Maybe put that money towards a kit (this seasons options are great!) maybe for one of the kids to help them cope with the current situation? I did dry January and saved enough to by the 3rd kit (which has finally been dispatched!!)

Hi all, I thought I'd post this here as it seems relevant. I am sure many of you will have seen that the club store has reduced the price of current season shirts by 50% (apart from 3rd kit - fingers crossed we keep that one for next year too!). I know this is a difficult time for many, but if like me you are saving a bit from not going out etc, maybe support the club by buying one for someone at home? As I said before, I'm sure a lot of kids out there would love one, and what better time to surprise someone with a gift than now. I just bought the away shirt and some socks to play football in (when we are finally allowed to play again - let's hope it still fits by then!)

Covkid1968#

Hi all, I thought I'd post this here as it seems relevant. I am sure many of you will have seen that the club store has reduced the price of current season shirts by 50% (apart from 3rd kit - fingers crossed we keep that one for next year too!). I know this is a difficult time for many, but if like me you are saving a bit from not going out etc, maybe support the club by buying one for someone at home? As I said before, I'm sure a lot of kids out there would love one, and what better time to surprise someone with a gift than now. I just bought the away shirt and some socks to play football in (when we are finally allowed to play again - let's hope it still fits by then!)
If we all chip in for a pair of shorts would you post a picture of yourself in a full kit.... would really help the “The SBG shorts fundraising campaign “ if you could confirm the following.

1. you are middle aged or older
2. You are carrying a bit of extra timber around the middle that makes the shirt lift at the front
3. You would be happy to have a piccie of you in the kit at a local supermarket doing a shop

It's pure coincidence that 1 and 2 best describes the state I currently find myself in with this work from home business.

Somerset Sky Blue

If we all chip in for a pair of shorts would you post a picture of yourself in a full kit.... would really help the “The SBG shorts fundraising campaign “ if you could confirm the following.

1. you are middle aged or older
2. You are carrying a bit of extra timber around the middle that makes the shirt lift at the front
3. You would be happy to have a piccie of you in the kit at a local supermarket doing a shop

It's pure coincidence that 1 and 2 best describes the state I currently find myself in with this work from home business.
I'm worried covkid, I meet 1 and 2 and have just made some purchases at the club shop, including shorts...have you been stalking me?
As sbyblueguy says, lots of good deals at the club shop with some great discounts!

Covkid1968#

I'm worried covkid, I meet 1 and 2 and have just made some purchases at the club shop, including shorts...have you been stalking me?
As sbyblueguy says, lots of good deals at the club shop with some great discounts!
In my experience I think 1 and 2 applies to most of our support. I am going to check out the store to see what all the fuss is about though

Covkid1968#

£75 spent..... not massive on wearing club stuff but I do like a bit of Hummel. Happy with that and the son will be too.

Frank Sidebottom

Are we in a better position during pandemic by not owning a stadium?
I was wondering this, I guess it depends on how the contract works, Are we hiring St Andrews on a game by game basis or paying a monthly fee.
If we are to play games behind closed doors do they have to be played at St Andrews or can they be played at Ryton or The Higgs?
Also we don't want to piss Birmingham off by not playing games at St Andrews.

Gynnsthetonic

I would quite happily buy a season ticket, I haven't had one since first season at the Ricoh, was going to buy one start of this season until the move to St Andrews. I feel like I would like to give a bit back to Robins and the boys after such a terrific season!

Legia Sky Blue

Are we in a better position during pandemic by not owning a stadium?

Not sure, but we would be better off than others if the season is resumed BCD, presuming that streaming games on ifollow would be open to everyone. As a percentage to average home crowds, our take up would vastly exceed every other team in the League, including Sunderland and Portsmouth.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I was wondering this, I guess it depends on how the contract works, Are we hiring St Andrews on a game by game basis or paying a monthly fee.
If we are to play games behind closed doors do they have to be played at St Andrews or can they be played at Ryton or The Higgs?
Also we don't want to piss Birmingham off by not playing games at St Andrews.

I reckon under league rules we'd still have to have access to a stadium that met the league criteria, so we'd still have to have an agreement at St Andrews/Ricoh/wherever. If we're paying a monthly fee you may as well use it, if it's a match fee and you don't use it they might try and cancel the contract meaning we don't have a stadium meeting the criteria and we get booted out, so we're forced to use it in reality. Might be able to get a discount due to lower matchday costs (unless their paid for separately?)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But at present there is little income?

But they normally are above the VAT threshold, are registered for VAT and thus are required to submit returns.

However, little income but still outgoings means high likelihood of VAT rebates in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread