Cameras at Sixfields could cause problems.... (1 Viewer)

RPHunt

There was a poster on here a couple of weeks ago bragging that he had bought three season tickets at Northampton and he was on, late last night, bragging about his racial superiority.

Thankfully, that post has been removed (and so, I hope, has his access to the site) but his vile posturing does, for me, highlight the narrow, bigoted and self centred attitude displayed by many of the other posters who claim that they will go to Northampton.

ajsccfc

You could turn the tables and say the same about the implied threats and attempts to 'shame' people who are going too.

Hugh Jarse

Just a thought that has popped into my head.....the few misguided fools going to Sixfields to support City have realised that the Sky cameras will be picking them out for all to see.....haven't they ? :eek:

Moronic first post from a moronic first time poster. Or are they? Have they created a new user name just to stir up a bit of shit?

Total prick if you ask me.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

You know they're people going to a football match and not criminals being transported to court, right?

Moral criminals, perhaps?

Nonleagueherewecome

Ashdown1

It's quite simple, if you go to watch Coventry City play a home game in Northampton, you are giving credence to the despicable hedge fund that has taken the club to the brink of destruction. The club will be running insolvently which I and many others thought contravened the requirements of the useless Football League authorities. The losses SISU incur will force them to sell in time to someone who will revoke this appalling decision to take the club away from its home community. With careful management financially and at pitch level CCFC could once again become viable and competitive and ACL/CCC will I am sure support the need for the club to have a greater share in all revenue streams once the hated hedge fund have been driven out !!
NOPM

Hugh Jarse

It's quite simple, if you go to watch Coventry City play a home game in Northampton, you are giving credence to the despicable hedge fund that has taken the club to the brink of destruction. The club will be running insolvently which I and many others thought contravened the requirements of the useless Football League authorities. The losses SISU incur will force them to sell in time to someone who will revoke this appalling decision to take the club away from its home community. With careful management financially and at pitch level CCFC could once again become viable and competitive and ACL/CCC will I am sure support the need for the club to have a greater share in all revenue streams once the hated hedge fund have been driven out !!
NOPM

Something that makes sense without the hint of retribution. I am an avid supporter of the NOPM idea but I think that it's up to individuals to decide whether they want to follow our great club to Sixfields and not read moronic posts about their faces potentially being recognised by appearing on SKY.

skybluepm2

Hopefully the few that have decided to support the team outside of it's home town will arrange some sort of peaceful protest to highlight our plight for maximum media attention, that way there coud be some forgiveness by some on here..............

Handcuff to one of the goalpost and swallow the key...that ought to get the media attention by means of peaceful protests! :claping hands:

italiahorse

Something that makes sense without the hint of retribution. I am an avid supporter of the NOPM idea but I think that it's up to individuals to decide whether they want to follow our great club to Sixfields and not read moronic posts about their faces potentially being recognised by appearing on SKY.

How can you support NOPM and then say it's up to individuals to decide to go. Surely one defeats the other?

Nobody would violently confront these people but it does not stop us from dissuading them or just light heartedly ribbing them, particularly as they come on this bulletin board to air that they are going. It's called debating.

WillieStanley

Is this thread real? Sun style witch hunt. It is poosible for people to believe in a cause and be pro-choice. It's a mentality like this that started the crusades. "Anyone exposed as not subscribing to my current beliefs will be dealt with".

Who do you people think you are?? I'll be there at The Ricoh on Sunday - I wish I could wear this seasons shirt to confuse the rabid mob, who will be glued to Sky Sports News incase they spot a scab.

ajsccfc

So you support NOPM but will not dissuade people from going ?

It's perfectly reasonable to support it yet acknowledge that others may have a different view without trying to paint them all as immoral villains.

I don't support NOPM myself, I'm just not spending anything on the club at all (including away games, I'm the best) while this is going on without screaming hashtags or shouting at people who aren't doing the same.

henry the wasp

Well we've had nazism and now the Crusades. 10 bonus points for anyone who can fit the yellow turban rebellion into a sixfields thread.

Noggin

It's perfectly reasonable to support it yet acknowledge that others may have a different view without trying to paint them all as immoral villains.

I don't support NOPM myself, I'm just not spending anything on the club at all (including away games, I'm the best) while this is going on without screaming hashtags or shouting at people who aren't doing the same.

Agreed, I support NOPM and my preference is for no one to go, but everyone knows the score if those people going feel it's best for the club or for themselves its their choice.

Nothing wrong with trying to dissuade someone with logical argument if you feel their reason for going is uninformed but if someone is going because their kids loves it, or they think the most important thing is to support those wearing the shirt, or they will have to go shoe shopping with the wife if they don't get a season ticket, or simply it's just what's going to make them happiest then we have no right do anything but wish them well. Though the mean side of me hopes it rains and we lose, the atmosphere is terrible and the pints are warm just to discourage people from attending in future.

I do think there is plenty of other Coventry sports teams that deserve our money much more this year and hope everyone supports them instead but that's just my choice.

henry the wasp

Bullies should be resisted at all costs.

Be they our owners;

or be they our fellow fans.

Some here are disgusting. How dare they have the cheek to attempt 100% consensus by intimidation and abuse.

So you are thinking of jacking the ricoh in because someone said something you did'nt like? Some resistance.

NorthernWisdom

So you are thinking of jacking the ricoh in because someone said something you did'nt like? Some resistance.

The rabid howling is ridiculous, it's the same mob rules that swept SISU here in the first place of course.

I jacked in supporting SISU ages ago because of their sharp ways of doing business, so according to the logic shown by some here that makes me a better fan than those who demanded SISU here and now have turned, turned to abusing their own fans.

The only people who aren't true fans of the club are those who are disgusting enough to attempt to intimidate other human beings into their way; the same as some did in trying to intimidate some to accepting SISU here in the first place!

So before they start shouting about blood on hands, they ought to start thinking very carefully about whose hands...

italiahorse

Be they our owners;

Some here are disgusting. How dare they have the cheek to attempt 100% consensus by intimidation and abuse.

Just been back through this thread and the only mention of any threats/abuse are on the posts of those going saying there being threatened. Even the start thread is not a threat.

Seem to have people on here that want to be victims.

WestEndAgro

Be they our owners;

Its not about intimidation it's about good old right and wrong, having integraty and being able to look at your self In the mirror when our club dosent return to Coventry.
You will be able to sit the Grand Children on your lap and say I contributed to Cov leaving Cov, you must be very proud of yourself.

Sutty

Its not about intimidation it's about good old right and wrong, having integraty and being able to look at your self In the mirror when our club dosent return to Coventry.
You will be able to sit the Grand Children on your lap and say I contributed to Cov leaving Cov, you must be very proud of yourself.

Opinion, speculation, hysteria, all aimed at someone who has already said they aren't going!

Users who are viewing this thread