Match Thread Cambridge United - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 16th Sep (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Biamou has just stepped up from non-league so surely he has a point to prove?
And also has more experience playing men's football?
I'm not saying that I wouldn't pick Ponti shouldn't be picked.
But I am saying how is it right saying that Biamou isn't ready when he has more experience than Ponticelli does?

I get you.

I think they're different sorts of players for starters, although I haven't seen that much of either of them to be honest!

And I like Biamou; I want him to do well. just think from what I've seen, albeit the little that I've seen, of Ponticelli he may suit the way we want to play more from the off, with biamou being an option from the bench.

Or maybe them together? That's another option? :D

Nick

Administrator
I get you.

I think they're different sorts of players for starters, although I haven't seen that much of either of them to be honest!

And I like Biamou; I want him to do well. just think from what I've seen, albeit the little that I've seen, of Ponticelli he may suit the way we want to play more from the off, with biamou being an option from the bench.

We would win 12-0.

Have the players got off the bus yet?

skybluegod

I get you.

Yeah fair point.
Although tbh don't think they could play together. Think beavon does just provide that important experience up top.
I just worry about Ponticelli on league 2, it's a horrible league and a horrible standard. But if he's good enough he will be put in. I don't mind which one starts, as long as they score and we win!

Nick

Administrator
Jodi Jones 100th career start!

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Davies not even on the bench

DJ2Na2LWkAEJpxS.jpg:large

I assume he is injured.

Bench doesn't look too strong this week.

skybluegod

Davies not even on the bench

DJ2Na2LWkAEJpxS.jpg:large

I assume he is injured.

Bench doesn't look too strong this week.
Bench is definitely looking weaker

Isn't it the same as Tuesday's?
Some good young players on the bench.
Hyam is good cover for CB.
Everyone has been begging for Ponti
Biamou, yes has just stepped up to league football but he has a point to prove.
Bayliss, is a player to really look out for, and is a player that stands out at academy Level.
Maycock made a really good impression against Shrewsbury and helped change that game.
Devon but unknown but has shown decent glimpses.

Otis

Isn't it the same as Tuesday's?
Some good young players on the bench.
Hyam is good cover for CB.
Everyone has been begging for Ponti
Biamou, yes has just stepped up to league football but he has a point to prove.
Bayliss, is a player to really look out for, and is a player that stands out at academy Level.
Maycock made a really good impression against Shrewsbury and helped change that game.
Devon but unknown but has shown decent glimpses.
Is Dion injured? Haven't seen him for a while in the squads and Devon seems to be ahead of him.

I thought Dion was said to be the better of the two. Is that correct?

vow

Is Dion injured? Haven't seen him for a while in the squads and Devon seems to be ahead of him.

Dion is the defender, Devon is the winger/midfielder I believe.

Nick

Administrator

Yeah but we are pretty much covered in defence.

vow

I'll revise my 2-1 win and go for a 1-0 win instead, looking at the teams.

vow

Yeah, am aware of that, but I would have thought Dion would have at least appeared on the bench a bit more.
Yeah, indeed. Perhaps MR feels he's got enough defensive cover, but lacking in forward positions or perhaps he's injured?

better days

Dion had to go off with a head injury a few games back
Players who've had concussion have to take up to a month off so I assume this is why he's not in the squad

Users who are viewing this thread