Callum Wilson (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Gray

Think it's only because he's in a struggling Bournemouth, squad that he hasn't been scoring... Like Marcus Tudgay with us

Mcbean

He was mentioned on TalkSPORT by Danny Murphy - one goal
In a season - value 4 million !!!!! Doesn’t seem right

Magwitch

Personally I think due to his injury history and indifferent form his value will have plummeted, from the Bournemouth point of view if they sold they would need to replace and the cost difference could be a lot and would top players join them in their current position imo best to keep him until the summer, get him firing again it might just about keep them up.

Grendel

He was mentioned on TalkSPORT by Danny Murphy - one goal
In a season - value 4 million !!!!! Doesn’t seem right

He’s scored 6 - is on a bad run in the premier league but he’s still relatively young. He’d attract still £20 million plus but the big money we’d heard a couple of years ago will have gone now.

he’s own a massive wage as well which would put some clubs off and conversely if they do go down be one Bournemouth would need to offload

SkyBlueCRJ

He’s scored 6 - is on a bad run in the premier league but he’s still relatively young. He’d attract still £20 million plus but the big money we’d heard a couple of years ago will have gone now.

he’s own a massive wage as well which would put some clubs off and conversely if they do go down be one Bournemouth would need to offload

He's on a big wage but it's not exactly unaffordable for Premier League clubs. Plus his contract is likely to be structured on bonuses - as all the reports suggest his contract is 'worth' £100K a week. I highly doubt his basic salary would start at £100K.

The likes of West Ham, Wolves, Everton, Crystal Palace, all have players on £100K a week or over. Equally the likes of Newcastle, Watford and Southampton all have players that are reportedly pretty close to £100K per week. So I don't think it'll be that much of a stretch for clubs in the summer transfer window unless Bournemouth do what Stoke did with Butland and put a ridiculous price tag on his head.

Plus there's always clubs abroad. I presume the sell-on clause will still apply.

Manchester_sky_blue

If Bournemouth are relegated I can see him staying with them for a season at least to see if they come back up. He's never been the type to agitate for a move and Bournemouth would struggle to replace him.

SkyBlueCRJ

If Rashford's injury was season ending then perhaps. But given he's only out for 6-weeks I think it's more likely they'll try and get someone in on loan.

MalcSB

For what it’s worth, MOTD reckoned that the problem is that Bournemouth aren’t creating any chances for him or having other players close enough to benefit from his winning headers/ hold up play. So not necessarily poor personal form rather the teams lack of form/ organisation.

SkyBlueDom26

For what it’s worth, MOTD reckoned that the problem is that Bournemouth aren’t creating any chances for him or having other players close enough to benefit from his winning headers/ hold up play. So not necessarily poor personal form rather the teams lack of form/ organisation.

Literally, they showed it the other night... he had fuck all around him trying set up goals

richnrg

it's a bit of both. Creating very few chances for him, and also when he does finally get a chance he seems to have forgotten what to do, and miskicks it over/wide etc

Magwitch

If Rashford's injury was season ending then perhaps. But given he's only out for 6-weeks I think it's more likely they'll try and get someone in on loan.
According to Solsjar yesterday he has two cracked vertebrae and will be out months rather than weeks, I doubt he will play again this season
He also said he might look for a short term option Wilson would be a good fit imo.

cc84cov

I think he would suit Man United tbh not being funny but he’s struggling where he is as their a poor side I’m sure Harry Kane would struggle there at present.

Gazolba

Callum Wilson seems to have gone off the boil lately.
Although he did score today.
It could be because Bournemouth are not doing very well.
But it seems to be turning out a negative that he went there.

Evo1883

I'm not so sure, he's Done relatively well scoring 36 in 107 Premier league games in a side that would never light the league up... I'd Imagine if he was playing upfront for a better team he'd be closer to a 1 in 2 ratio rather than a 1 in 3

cc84cov

Eh ? Made the England team playing there ? He’s playing in a struggling team give him chances he will score goals all day.

ccfc1234

Manchester Utd get your cheque book out!! They like English players and with Rashford out he would get game time and if he plays would probably get selected for the Euros.

richnrg

He was playing in the third tier when he left for Bournemouth. He helped them win the league in his first season, was top scorer, and got to the premier league for his/Bournemouths first ever time. He scored a premier league hatrick in the first month, and ended the season as top goalscorer. Has battled back from 2 cruciate injuries, made the England team, scored on his debut, got a pay rise to £100K per week, plays every week, and has a beautiful house near the beach where he lives with his wife and young kids.

He must be regretting the decision.

SkyBlueCRJ

Manchester Utd get your cheque book out!! They like English players and with Rashford out he would get game time and if he plays would probably get selected for the Euros.

I highly doubt he'd get called up to the Euro's even if that were the case

shmmeee

He was playing in the third tier when he left for Bournemouth. He helped them win the league in his first season, was top scorer, and got to the premier league for his/Bournemouths first ever time. He scored a premier league hatrick in the first month, and ended the season as top goalscorer. Has battled back from 2 cruciate injuries, made the England team, scored on his debut, got a pay rise to £100K per week, plays every week, and has a beautiful house near the beach where he lives with his wife and young kids.

He must be regretting the decision.

Live footage of Callum regretting his decision:

giphy.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

The only thing he might regret is not pushing for a move while his stock was at its highest but his family maybe settled in a lovely part of the world and he is being paid handsomely at Bournemouth.

Users who are viewing this thread