Callum Wilson

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by marcusp, Jan 15, 2020 at 8:18 AM.

1. marcusp

marcusp Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £968.00
  2. Gray

Gray Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £226.84
    Think it's only because he's in a struggling Bournemouth, squad that he hasn't been scoring... Like Marcus Tudgay with us

3. SBAndy

SBAndy Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £2,499.72
    Relegation could be the only way we see him move clubs.

4. Mcbean

Mcbean Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £974.18
    He was mentioned on TalkSPORT by Danny Murphy - one goal
    In a season - value 4 million !!!!! Doesn’t seem right

5. Magwitch

Magwitch Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £2,958.63
    Personally I think due to his injury history and indifferent form his value will have plummeted, from the Bournemouth point of view if they sold they would need to replace and the cost difference could be a lot and would top players join them in their current position imo best to keep him until the summer, get him firing again it might just about keep them up.

6. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £4,599.57
    He’s scored 6 - is on a bad run in the premier league but he’s still relatively young. He’d attract still £20 million plus but the big money we’d heard a couple of years ago will have gone now.

he’s own a massive wage as well which would put some clubs off and conversely if they do go down be one Bournemouth would need to offload

Briles likes this.
  7. SkyBlueCRJ

SkyBlueCRJ Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £844.93
    He's on a big wage but it's not exactly unaffordable for Premier League clubs. Plus his contract is likely to be structured on bonuses - as all the reports suggest his contract is 'worth' £100K a week. I highly doubt his basic salary would start at £100K.

The likes of West Ham, Wolves, Everton, Crystal Palace, all have players on £100K a week or over. Equally the likes of Newcastle, Watford and Southampton all have players that are reportedly pretty close to £100K per week. So I don't think it'll be that much of a stretch for clubs in the summer transfer window unless Bournemouth do what Stoke did with Butland and put a ridiculous price tag on his head.

Plus there's always clubs abroad. I presume the sell-on clause will still apply.

8. Manchester_sky_blue

Manchester_sky_blue Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £370.36
    If Bournemouth are relegated I can see him staying with them for a season at least to see if they come back up. He's never been the type to agitate for a move and Bournemouth would struggle to replace him.