Callum O'Hare (14 Viewers)

shmmeee

He’s had a rough year in front of goal

He strikes me as another O’Hare three years ago and we need better. We need someone who will score ten goals and also keep and progress the ball. Not another dribbler with little end product.

JoeCCFCPUSB

So what do we reckon?

Downed tools?
Heads not in it?
Just in shit form?

Came back with a bang in December and looked unreal but apart from his good play getting the ball across to Simms for the winner at Wolves, he's dipped massively below expectations for a good while now hasnt he?

Why do you think?
I think looking at it a month or so later it's clear to see he was always leaving, even after he returned from injury. I just think when he returned from injury he was playing for a big contract/ to build up interest from the likes of Leicester City, Leeds United, Brentford, La Liga clubs and a few other Premier League sides,

if you ask me i think Callum got to that point with his impressive performances, the club he wanted to sign for eventually came in for him and he has already verbally agreed a contract with that club. So from that point until now we have seen O'Hare have flashes where he has looked interested/ impressive but for the most part, the challenges, sprints, pressing and general fight has definitely dropped down a peg or 2.

This will be due to not only Callum, but his agent drilling it into him that he needs to avoid any type of injury before the season is up.

torchomatic

Will not be easy to find a ready made replacement for Callum and it will cost a lot of cash , I also don’t agree we won’t miss him , and it’s funny how some fans slag him off now it looks like he’s leaving
I'm not slagging him off. He has been a great player for us over the years. I wish he was staying.

However, it's a fact he's not been very good for the last three months. On recent minutes played and current form we WON'T miss him.

He was fantastic in January and has shown flashes since, but his form has plummeted since. Sad, but true.

Warwickhunt

Not necessarily bad, but hes not exactly stayed at his previous professionalism levels so to speak, which hasnt gone down to well with those who matter
That's why Palmer needs to up his game and add consistency to it!

Saddlebrains

The former, I'm assuming, Simms and Wright together up front, and EMC on the left? In which case, will we not be looking at Number 10's as you wouldn't necessarily need 2 of them.

If im to hazard a guess from what I've been told. Again this is just a guess but an educated one as it stands...

New GK
MVE Thomas Kitching New LB
Tats Sheaf Torp EMC
Simms Wright

New GK
Eccles Sheaf Torp
Tats Simms Wright

But of course, loads can change

napolimp

If im to hazard a guess from what I've been told. Again this is just a guess but an educated one as it stands...

New GK
Tats Sheaf Torp EMC
Simms Wright

New GK
Eccles Sheaf Torp
Tats Simms Wright

So Torp is being favoured over Eccles, we are looking at a new GK and LB, and no place for Palmer in the 4-3-3 system?

Saddlebrains

So Torp is being favoured over Eccles, we are looking at a new GK and LB, and no place for Palmer in the 4-3-3 system?
Follows on from what i posted yesterday, i wouldnt be surprised to see Palmer go

There will of course be midfielders in so that could change, could we get a CB better than Kitch and Thomas?

A lot can change, i suppose im just putting them lineups down just to show the thinking behind 442 433

TomRad85

He strikes me as another O’Hare three years ago and we need better. We need someone who will score ten goals and also keep and progress the ball. Not another dribbler with little end product.
Tbf, on the face of it his league numbers this season are better than Palmer and similar to O'Hare and that's in a far worse team. The being below the xg thing isn't great but shows he gets in good positions and his age also makes him an attractive signing. I think he'd do well here.

napolimp

Follows on from what i posted yesterday, i wouldnt be surprised to see Palmer go

There will of course be midfielders in so that could change, could we get a CB better than Kitch and Thomas?

A lot can change, i suppose im just putting them lineups down just to show the thinking behind 442 433

I'd personally be sad to see Palmer go, I think he's a great option to have, but I guess it depends on his wages too.

Mucca Mad Boys

That’s my point.

He’s had a bad injury and hasn’t consistently performed this season. He can’t even get in the team let alone be a cut above it.

I accept that Robins and COH may have fallen out etc and that’s why COH is out if favour, but when he does play he doesn’t stand out still. He doesn’t make it impossible for Robins to drop .

Agreed, MR had a bust up with Vik last year iirc ITK info dropped on here. Hamer and Gyokeres 'willed' us to the playoffs and then 'willed' us to be within a penalty shootout from the promised land.

COH by contrast just wasn't on that level for whatever reason. I wish him all the best and he has been a good servant to the club despite the last few months if rumours are to be believed.

Mucca Mad Boys

New GK
Tats Sheaf Torp EMC
Simms Wright

New GK
Eccles Sheaf Torp
Tats Simms Wright

Called 4-4-2 when AV mentioned it in his interview with the CET.

If Sheaf is going to leave, that changes the dynamic a lot. It is interesting that MR earmarked needing more goals from midfield, a topic that I've been arguing with multiple posters previously. It's been a problem since Hamer left undoubtedly.

Personally, I felt Eccles' performance against Leeds as a DM was his best of the season and imo, feel like that's his future for us. Without being MR or AV, I feel they would have noticed that too.

CCFCSteve

We'll see if he gets it, he's a local lad and I think it's about money.

Let him go Rob, he’s gone

I do wonder if that’s part of the reason he’s been given a bit more game time recently, to see if he can prove his worth. Unfortunately I think he’s forms fallen away since the quarter final

JSL

If Palmer went, hopefully that would be instead of Sheaf. But would that bring in enough to finance squad growth? What could we expect for him?

Mucca Mad Boys

If Palmer went, hopefully that would be instead of Sheaf. But would that bring in enough to finance squad growth? What could we expect for him?
Letting Palmer go frees up budget for a good free agent, Sheaf probably brings in revenue to sign 3-5 players for a fee.

Mucca Mad Boys

I wouldn’t have spoke up for him if I had known that , after us looking after him after a year out that’s taking the piss.

It’s like Robins knew something we didn’t…

Robins had to hold the line on that, if COH’s performances were transformative, then he’d let him get on with. If the performances don’t back up the perceived lack of professionalism, you’re on the bench. Most of the players will be here next year and won’t forget it if he tolerates it from a player leaving.

TomRad85

We're going to rely on Gyokeres leaving to make any serious purchases if Sheaf doesn't move on. Although obviously an accumulation of smaller fees will help, few hundred k from Godden and Allen, a bit more for Bidwell, a million or so for Palmer, Hamer moving maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread