Callum O'Hare (15 Viewers)

messiahrobins

If he goes to Leicester he’s finished in my eyes
Probably ends his career plans for the PL long term as if he goes there he will be playing for a side getting hammered week in week out and if he isnt performing no PL club would have him in the future. I think he may end up there, but it would a disastrous move for him career wise. Derby have more potential over the next decade than Leicester do let alone clubs like us

messiahrobins

As I said I would be staggered if he went to a club like West Ham. He's not consistent enough for the PL.

Just my opinion and I'll probably be totally wrong. Hope I am, he deserves a shot at the highest level.
If he goes to West Ham, he will be loaned back to a championship club in January. He is a great guy but nowhere near PL standard. He cant nail down the no 10 role ahead of kasey palmer!!

David O'Day

London is a sh*thole. The crime rate down there under that Khan mayor is horrific and it is hugely off putting for a lot of wealthy people now. Over the next 5 years i can see all the London clubs struggling to recruit the best players unless London improves as a city.
a) so horrific they are about to elect him again for a 3rd time

b) most PL in London don't actually live in london

apart from that spot on skippy

hinckley cov

If he goes to West Ham, he will be loaned back to a championship club in January. He is a great guy but nowhere near PL standard. He cant nail down the no 10 role ahead of kasey palmer!!
That’s absolute rubbish, o’hares twice the player palmer is ,your just saying that because he’s leaving, anyone who knows anything about football would know Callum’s a much better player.

robbiekeane

Yes I get all that, but you stated if he invested every penny of a 3 year deal on 20k he would have 1.6m. But that's only if he immediately withdraws it. If he still has a football career for another 10 years, then he can 'only' save 500k, leave it invested and double it to 1m before starting to draw down the principle using the 4% rule. With inflation, 40k will not be as lucrative in 10 years, but still a pretty nice passive income if he's sheltered much of it in ISAs and has paid off the majority of his mortgage in that time too!
But that’s my point - his next steps of his career are very important and people are going in like he should have enough to retire already. If he does his ACL next week and it’s career ending then he’s stuffed isn’t he. Nobody grows up to be a footballer hoping they can maybe withdraw a lucrative salary of 40k (which will be poverty line in 30 years probably)

ccfc1234

He improves Leicester. Not sure he does the same for West Ham.
Palmer doesn't really improve us much
Palmer is a more physical player and on his day is a top level performer. He however needs to cut out the worldie (spelling!) passes that more often than not turn possession over, and focus on linking the play more effectively.

skyblue_55

Cal has been nothing short of a ‘ miracle’ signing for us .
Without Dean Smith’s generosity, we wouldn’t have had this effervescent character & his loss I believe will be massive.
Good luck to him , but our alternative, Palmer is not a ready made replacement.
There might also be the sale of Sheaf in the summer, if Doug has a decent offer & then we are back to square one .
Here’s hoping one or two players are lined up after this weekend!

shmmeee

I think we need better than both and I’d be surprised if O’Hare ends up in the PL considering he’s not really stood out in that position at this level. And has arguably got less impactful since his injury has cost him some pace and tenacity.

We need a player who can progress the ball from midfield for me, O’Hare plays more like a second striker than a link this season.

It’s why I don’t want Rudoni, another AM with limited passing and shooting ability but tenacious and a dribbler but runs into blind alleys. I want an AM that can be part of the midfield, pass more than 20 yards and gets ten plus goals a season. We desperately need good passing ability in the middle of the pitch.

shmmeee

We’d be better off letting Palmer go as well and recruiting two more No. 10s if indeed we decide to still play with one.

If we want an O’Hare alike I’d be getting a RW/AM/ST type alongside a proper AM, then they can cover Saka as well. But with Saka and EMC do we need another dribbly AM? Like all our fringe players I don’t see the need to ship them all out after a season where we’re playing kids and Kelly and Godden.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we want an O’Hare alike I’d be getting a RW/AM/ST type alongside a proper AM, then they can cover Saka as well. But with Saka and EMC do we need another dribbly AM? Like all our fringe players I don’t see the need to ship them all out after a season where we’re playing kids and Kelly and Godden.
Palmer is neither of those sadly.

Hertsccfc

London is a sh*thole. The crime rate down there under that Khan mayor is horrific and it is hugely off putting for a lot of wealthy people now. Over the next 5 years i can see all the London clubs struggling to recruit the best players unless London improves as a city.
This is complete nonsense. Have worked in London for over 35 years and lived there for a lot of that time. Regularly go out in the evening in London. Never once been the victim of crime. It's mostly a safe city.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

No he’s not, but I’m not sure cleaning out the entire squad is wise. We need 8 or 9 players as it is without replacing the likes of Palmer Lati Allen, etc.
I’m not suggesting we do that. Lati and Allen I’m fine with keeping, but Palmer we can do without, even off the bench.

SkyblueCookie

This is complete nonsense. Have worked in London for over 35 years and lived there for a lot of that time. Regularly go out in the evening in London. Never once been the victim of crime. It's mostly a safe city.
Hello, glad you have safe experiences, but a quick Google does show a decline in safety / increase in crime.
1714468451208.png

Sick Boy

Palmer is a more physical player and on his day is a top level performer. He however needs to cut out the worldie (spelling!) passes that more often than not turn possession over, and focus on linking the play more effectively.
A top level performer in which sense?

pusbccfc

There's nothing better than people who have never lived in London talking about Khan like they know what he actually does as mayor.

Users who are viewing this thread