Callum O'Hare (73 Viewers)

larry_david

Oh nothing against the players. Though Cals was a dreadful pen. Just weird how you can tell. Same with Dabo last year.
O hare was staring bottom left the whole time. Unfortunately it was obvious he was going there

mrfr

I saw Gus in the posh bit at Wembley yesterday. Oddly he must’ve mistaken me for someone else because he came up and shook my hand which was a very surreal experience. I just hope Cal has a chat with him and realises how special what we have here is, so much so that you’re still coming and trying to be part of it even after the ‘dream move’ to the premier league.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

After being part of that yesterday, How on earth can he walk away from it?

I get the draw of more money or a higher league - but no other club can give him the buzz and the magic of what's going on at the club right now.
Because he's a bit greedy with an inflated opinion of himself , and a bit thick.

messiahrobins

After being part of that yesterday, How on earth can he walk away from it?

I get the draw of more money or a higher league - but no other club can give him the buzz and the magic of what's going on at the club right now.
Well, i think if he changes his mind, and yesterday will definitely have him thinking, he would want assurances that we keep the players we currently have and that we will add to the squad and will want a pay rise.
Much will depend on who the club have lined up to replace him now i would think, as surely we already have a shortlist, and if Robins thinks who we have lined up is better than Ohare i doubt the club are going to give him what he wants.

Old Warwickshire lad

Because he's a bit greedy with an inflated opinion of himself , and a bit thick.
And that’s not fair. He is a professional footballer,not a fan like us.
He has to make as much money out of this game as he can while he can, and unfortunately staying with us ain’t the way to do it.
Nobody wants him to stay more than me, but the kid has got to put himself first.
If you say you wouldn’t do the same, I don’t believe you.

messiahrobins

He has to make as much money out of this game as he can while he can, and unfortunately staying with us ain’t the way to do it.
Nobody wants him to stay more than me, but the kid has got to put himself first.
I have met Ohare at a local gym about 2 years ago. The nicest guy you could wish to meet who loves this club. Obviously if he can get 50k a week at another club and we only offer say 20k he has to think about his future as football can be a short career, as his injury will have made him realise.

Hertsccfc

It isn’t just about making money. He's a footballer and wants to play at the highest level he can. Maybe he thinks he is good enough for the Premier League or another top league. Only time will tell.

Old Warwickshire lad

It isn’t just about making money. He's a footballer and wants to play at the highest level he can. Maybe he thinks he is good enough for the Premier League or another top league. Only time will tell.
It is about making money. It could all be over in the next game,as he knows well.
If he can find some mug to pay him a large signing on fee and a £40-£50 grand a week wage, then good luck to the kid.
If he has to accept less starts over the next few years it may extend his career.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Bit harsh - COH has been one of the cornerstones of taking us from league one to the cusp of the premier league and an FA Cup. We’ve had 5 good seasons out of him, as a footballer - maybe he just wants to play at a higher level.

I think we’ll get there next season - but it’s not a guarantee is it

Liquid Gold

I was overly critical of him in the first half but I think that the system just didn't suit him at all. Very good second half onwards.

It did take that system change to unlock him though, is a manager at the next level going to change the way they play to accommodate him? He has to be very careful about the club and manager he's choosing next.

Skyblue Bangkok

I
It is about making money. It could all be over in the next game,as he knows well.
If he can find some mug to pay him a large signing on fee and a £40-£50 grand a week wage, then good luck to the kid.
If he has to accept less starts over the next few years it may extend his care
If he has to accept less starts over the next few years it may extend his career.
40-50 k a week yes please, even if he wasn't a regular starter . Sets him up for life.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Doesn't this just describe most people that live in the Global North incl. footballers?

Expecting Callum O'Hare to be a socially conscious, ego-free intellectual is an odd take.
As he stepped up to take his penalty my missus said " That loud mouthed chav better score "

Tile Hill Phil

I have met Ohare at a local gym about 2 years ago. The nicest guy you could wish to meet who loves this club. Obviously if he can get 50k a week at another club and we only offer say 20k he has to think about his future as football can be a short career, as his injury will have made him realise.
If you can’t save up for when your career ends on 20 grand a week you should change your financial advisor

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Really was an awful penalty. Should have done his stupid tap down the middle thing.

Probably thought MU would have done their homework on his last penalty so changed it.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Callum leaves with our best wishes. He will always be a Cov fan.

You know what would be a good send off for Callum, in his last game is , most Fans to wear a Sky Blue 💙 wig on the last game of the season.

stupot07

I don’t think he was bothered. Sheaf however looked inconsolable, COH is normally an effusive character and Sheaf is usually pretty reserved.
O'Hare was definitely upset, to say he wasn't bothered is nuts, it's about context. O'Hare missed the pen that pegged us back to level. Sheaf missed the pen that ultimately lost the game, and he didn't even hit the target. And absolutely no criticism to Sheaf he was brilliant, and it takes a lot of guts to step up and take a pen. But because of that context he will have felt it worse than O'Hare.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread