Callum O'Hare (70 Viewers)

SBT

Nah, I think he would. I should add, I don’t think criticism of Robins is warranted at all. But with our league campaign basically over then were it not for the cup run we’d be four days into the season post-mortem on here. Given how much people freak out every time we lose a game, do you really think people wouldn’t be talking about whether we’d gone backwards since last season etc.?

Martin180

Nah, I think he would. I should add, I don’t think criticism of Robins is warranted at all. But with our league campaign basically over then were it not for the cup run we’d be four days into the season post-mortem on here. Given how much people freak out every time we lose a game, do you really think people wouldn’t be talking about whether we’d gone backwards since last season etc.?
No

rob9872

Doug asked for a cup run. Arguably if we hadn't had those extra games, we might be in a better position.

SBT

Doug asked for a cup run. Arguably if we hadn't had those extra games, we might be in a better position.
I think there’s a very plausible alternate reality where we lose honourably to Wolves, get much the same results in the league, and we sit here today with fans moaning that we didn’t achieve anything and it’s Robins’ fault that the season is already over etc etc

Sky Blue Pete

I think there’s a very plausible alternate reality where we lose honourably to Wolves, get much the same results in the league, and we sit here today with fans moaning that we didn’t achieve anything and it’s Robins’ fault that the season is already over etc etc
Agreed

CCFCSteve

Yeah, even sneaking into the play offs I just couldn’t see us making it this year. Too many better teams/squads. I think we’re close though, 3-4 more additions in the summer and keep big players (assuming Ohares off) and we should be in a far better position to challenge. That’s when ill personally be judging us

Hobo

But the cup run is part of this year's success. Take it away and who knows, we may have had the legs to get in the play offs?

I don't see the point of trying to stir up debate on what is a hypothetical bit of drama. It is not anymore valid than saying if Simms and Wright hadn't scored all those goals we would be in a relegation battle.

fernandopartridge

You can’t rely on just 2 goal scorers. Iirc, Robins spoke of needing 3.5 goal scorers in the starting eleven (defined as 10+ goals) back in the L2 days.

After Wright and Simms, who are our consistent goal scorers in our team? Perhaps Sakamoto or COH at a push. We need an AM and a winger to reliably add goals and as things stand, outside of Simms and Wright (and COH going), there isn’t a lot of goals in the team.

Next season, you’d expect EMC to be another goal scorer and you’d expect a 3rd striker option because Godden has been toothless since September, unfortunately.

O'Hare has got 9 in all competitions despite missing the first 25-30% of it. Saka on 7 in 29. TBF, we're not a million miles away from having something like that already but yeah, EMC will hopefully add a more reliable goal threat.

Bosworth Blue

O'Hare has got 9 in all competitions despite missing the first 25-30% of it. Saka on 7 in 29. TBF, we're not a million miles away from having something like that already but yeah, EMC will hopefully add a more reliable goal threat.

Don’t forget Palmer. Unless he gets a prem move of course

Mucca Mad Boys

With both players, it’s hard to determine if they are reliable goal scorers or if it was a run of exceptional form. Both players hitting career highs in shortened appearances.

To use an example, Godden looks like he’s had a good season. 9 goals in 37 games looks really good. In reality, aside from 1 league goal since September, he got a brace in the FA Cup. 3 goals since September.

Overall, I do agree we’re close. Expecting big things from EMC and 2-3 incoming players.

David O'Day

Most people accept that last season was a "fluke" as we had 2 brilliant players (1 of whom is likely to be at a massive club come next season) who were player at the top of their ability. We may not be as good but we are more balanced, we own the first XI so we don't have to do a rebuild again and we heading in the right direction.

You get a few zoomers yes but just are happy with how we are going along.

hopesprings

Most people accept that last season was a "fluke" as we had 2 brilliant players (1 of whom is likely to be at a massive club come next season) who were player at the top of their ability. We may not be as good but we are more balanced, we own the first XI so we don't have to do a rebuild again and we heading in the right direction.

You get a few zoomers yes but just are happy with how we are going along.
I am not sure it gets mentioned enough...that brilliant player possibly going to a massive club....where was he 3 years ago? on loan to us I think had a total of 30 championship games (Swansea 11) 19 for us total goals in the 30 was 3 and NO assists. Many people on here were gob smacked and annoyed when we signed him on a perm deal and now 3 not quite 3 seasons later ..... in Robins we trust ....

Ccfcisparks

The only thing that would be certain, would be that Ann Proctor-Brown would be back.
Miss You Texting GIF by Sony Pictures

skybluegod

Called both pen misses at home before they took the run up. Just vibes seemed off.

Tbf to them both they both had a massive pair of bollocks to be taking them after 130 minutes against premier league opponents. sheaf I'm amazed he stepped up. He was out on his arse at 80 mins to get through 130 odd minutes and still have the guts to take one, full respect.

Hertsccfc

Tbf to them both they both had a massive pair of bollocks to be taking them after 130 minutes against premier league opponents. sheaf I'm amazed he stepped up. He was out on his arse at 80 mins to get through 130 odd minutes and still have the guts to take one, full respect.
Absolutely. Sheaf looked knackered and with reason. I was worried that he was taking one but deserves respect for not backing out.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair to all of them you go from the elation of winning the game, to it then being cancelled and you taking the second penalties in front of the other fans.

shmmeee

Oh nothing against the players. Though Cals was a dreadful pen. Just weird how you can tell. Same with Dabo last year.

Users who are viewing this thread