Callum O'Hare (37 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

The only reason I'd play Kelly is to give Fernandez a real reason for falling over, almost worth a red card.

Deity

Well with Palmer being suspended Ohare should be playing.
No better game to put yourself in the shop window let's see how he gets on.
For those arguing that COH or Palmer are very effective 10’s do yourself a favour and watch Cole Palmer playing for Chelsea.

Scoring goals, running beyond the strikers, creating chances …. That’s what a 10 does.

Not safe 5 yard passes on the half way line or beating 2 players but losing it to the third !

Grendel

For those arguing that COH or Palmer are very effective 10’s do yourself a favour and watch Cole Palmer playing for Chelsea.

Scoring goals, running beyond the strikers, creating chances …. That’s what a 10 does.

Not safe 5 yard passes on the half way line or beating 2 players but losing it to the third !

Brilliant let’s get him in and Haaland ahead of Simms

Grendel

That’s not my point but I recognise there were probably too many words for you to take it all in.

Well it was word salad as most of your posts are in truth

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't get the constant labelling of Palmer as inconsistent. O'Hare is inconsistent too.

O'Hare is clearly the better player, but let's not pretend that he plays consistently well all the time. There's been a number of games he has disappeared from.
O'Hare can be inconsistent I agree.

I wouldn't call Palmer inconsistent myself, he consistently fails to deliver with the anomaly being the two or three times a season he puts in a good performance.

I think you would struggle to find a two or three game period back to back where Palmer put in a really high level of performance in the championship.

messiahrobins

Ohare doesnt want to be at the club. As far as i am concerned he can f*ck off now and i see no reason to give him a big day out at Wembley. At least last season Hamer and Gyokeres were running through brick walls for us at this same stage of the season despite both knowing they were off in the summer. Ohare blatantly isnt and as i said elsewhere id rather play Kelly.
Some of you think it is football manager and dont understand that when you play a better side, and Man United are a far better team than we are, you have to adapt the tactics to stiffen the side up and Kelly-Eccles-Sheaf at least gives us some extra bite in the midfield. Play Ohare and we will get absolutely overrun in midfield.
This idea that Ohare will have the freedom of Wembley as if Man Utd are some timid team who cannot press the opposition or dominate possession is truly bizarre and seems based on people maybe seeing Liverpool and Man City dominate them. Problem is guys, we are neither Liverpool or Man City, we just got butt fucked by Birmingham City!

SBT

I’m sure there are people on here who would say Palmer > Palmer, but I think that’s crazy….I would take Palmer over Palmer every time.

Bosworth Blue

I read somewhere Kasey Palmer has 4 goals in almost 60 league games for us? That can’t be true can it?

Pretty certain I could do that myself

Bosworth Blue

He’s not had many poor games - also he always offers energy and off the ball contribution

Against Leeds being a classic example

it’s the same with Allen

It’s a game Palmer can’t do

I’m afraid you cannot criticise Palmer off the ball. Must be racism.

Anyway…

letsallsingtogether

I love Callum just don't rate him as high as some on here.

skybluecam

Palmer has outperformed OHare in every game they’ve both played.
1. He hasn't.

2. They both prefer to play the same position making this almost nonsensical.

O'Hare scoring more goals in a month than Palmer has in his entire career here should tell you which of them is the far better player.

Deity

While we're at it let's compare Simms with Haaland
My point is not that we should sign Palmer etc it’s that the way he plays that role is what an effective 10 does.

Clearly a top championship 10 would still be miles below Palmer but they would score, create, run past the forwards etc etc …. Neither of ours do

Sky Blue Harry H

I think a lot on here (and I fully understand why) are trying to wean themselves off their affection for C O'H, because they know he's off. hence a lot of revisionism about what he's given us. A bit like trying to exaggerate all the faults in a girlfriend who's just dumped you. We'll get by without him, just like we have when other favourites have disappeared, but let's not pretend most wouldn't have an excited whoop of joy if we woke up tomorrow hearing he's signed a new 3 year contract.

messiahrobins

I think a lot on here (and I fully understand why) are trying to wean themselves off their affection for C O'H, because they know he's off. hence a lot of revisionism about what he's given us. A bit like trying to exaggerate all the faults in a girlfriend who's just dumped you. We'll get by without him, just like we have when other favourites have disappeared, but let's not pretend most wouldn't have an excited whoop of joy if we woke up tomorrow hearing he's signed a new 3 year contract.
You think he is playing well now?
As for being dumped by a GF, that should never happen to any bloke, always dump the b*tch first and get a new younger model.

Cally Fedora

I think I’ve missed the EFL rule that states we must play either O’Hare or Palmer. Not sure why the discussion has polarised as one v the other. We can play both / neither / half and half. O’Hare is off so whether he’s better than Palmer or not is becoming less relevant by the day.

PVA

8n02g5.jpg

Grendel

Someone is triggered.

Grendel

Fuck me leave the thread for a few days and posters hatred for certain players has them turning on robins lmao

A few days? You posted on the thread less than 48 hours ago

standupforcity

1. He hasn't.

2. They both prefer to play the same position making this almost nonsensical.

O'Hare scoring more goals in a month than Palmer has in his entire career here should tell you which of them is the far better player.
Not all about goal scoring. That's for Wright and Simms.. anything else is a bonus

Mucca Mad Boys

Not all about goal scoring. That's for Wright and Simms.. anything else is a bonus

You can’t rely on just 2 goal scorers. Iirc, Robins spoke of needing 3.5 goal scorers in the starting eleven (defined as 10+ goals) back in the L2 days.

After Wright and Simms, who are our consistent goal scorers in our team? Perhaps Sakamoto or COH at a push. We need an AM and a winger to reliably add goals and as things stand, outside of Simms and Wright (and COH going), there isn’t a lot of goals in the team.

Next season, you’d expect EMC to be another goal scorer and you’d expect a 3rd striker option because Godden has been toothless since September, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread