Callum O'Hare (6 Viewers)

Grendel

Do you think Robins would keep playing if he believed he didn’t want to be here anymore? Not having a goal since start of Feb isn’t a good look for a perspective new club whether or not it is ‘all but agreed’.

If he wants to leave, I won’t lose too much sleep over it. A good player but ultimately, 10 goal involvements won’t be too hard to replace.

Palmer has scored one league goal in 34 matches

Sick Boy

Some of the criticism on here of CoH is shameful. He’s been one of our best players for 5 years and has helped drag up to where we are now. Presumably those who are so dismissive of his ability and think he’s easily replaceable think the club is wrong to have offered him a substantial new contract.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes, and in previous threads I’ve said I probably wouldn’t extend Palmer’s contract.

It’s a position that is in need of improvement. More goals and assists is needed from the central players.

Again, as mentioned on other threads, all 7 of our AMs and CMs have only 2 more goal contributions (goals + assists) than Hamer last season. Which is an area for improvement.

Mucca Mad Boys

Some of the criticism on here of CoH is shameful. He’s been one of our best players for 5 years and has helped drag up to where we are now. Presumably those who are so dismissive of his ability and think he’s easily replaceable think the club is wrong to have offered him a substantial new contract.

I don’t think anyone is saying he’s not a good player…

He’s not dragged us through games in the way Gyokeres and Hamer did last season and our long term goals require someone who can drag us up the table and grind out results in the championship.

Therefore, I just see an opportunity to get a new player through door in his place.

Ccfcisparks

He’s not dragged us through games in the way Gyokeres and Hamer did last season and our long term goals require someone who can drag us up the table and grind out results in the championship.

Therefore, I just see an opportunity to get a new player through door in his place.
Stop talking nonsense, he won us the Leicester game single-handedly

biggymania

Most people are trying to convince themselves we / they won't miss him. Reality is we really will miss him both on the field & off it. Whether his form has dipped or not - that is temporary. It's so obvious how much Callum loves football and being part of a tight-knit team - he's been a huge part of our resurgence - souring all of that because of recent contract negotiations is so silly.

steve cooper

He's scored a total of 4 goals for us in 55 games. The only one of the 7 clubs he has played for, where he scored more than 4 was Bristol City, if you include his loan spell. He scored 6 in total for them over 3 seasons (69 games). So he has never been a prolific scorer.

Matt smith

To be fair he dragged us through January and feb

but do agree not to the same extent

covcity4life

Not having it that he is not trying. Can easily put in a motm performance next game

But anyone who thinks he's light years ahead of Palmer is crazy

Ccfcisparks

Not having it that he is not trying. Can easily put in a motm performance next game

But anyone who thinks he's light years ahead of Palmer is crazy
Yeah that’s why COH has plenty of suitors and Palmer we are going to have to wait till his contract expires Cus nobody wants him

Mucca Mad Boys

Most people are trying to convince themselves we / they won't miss him. Reality is we really will miss him both on the field & off it. Whether his form has dipped or not - that is temporary. It's so obvious how much Callum loves football and being part of a tight-knit team - he's been a huge part of our resurgence - souring all of that because of recent contract negotiations is so silly.
Speaking for myself here, I’m not convincing myself that ‘we won’t miss him’. We will, but players coming and going is part of the game.

In fact, we should know this better than most. We’ve lost players that were important to our team before Hamer and Gyokeres left us, such as; McNulty, Bayliss, Bright, Luke Thomas, Chaplin, Ostigard, Walsh, Maatsen and so on… We’ve survived and continued our development.

We missed Gyokeres and Hamer from last season, but with their loss, we rebuilt the whole team and look better for it.

biggymania

Speaking for myself here, I’m not convincing myself that ‘we won’t miss him’. We will, but players coming and going is part of the game.

In fact, we should know this better than most. We’ve lost players that were important to our team before Hamer and Gyokeres left us, such as; McNulty, Bayliss, Bright, Luke Thomas, Chaplin, Ostigard, Walsh, Maatsen and so on… We’ve survived and continued our development.

We missed Gyokeres and Hamer from last season, but with their loss, we rebuilt the whole team and look better for it.
I think we agree. I see a lot of the criticism (accusing O'Hare of not caring or not trying is so incredibly off point) as people who can't admit to themselves they're anxious about replacing him. That doesn't mean we won't successfully find a way without him.

It's just a bit toxic and miserable to always be looking to bury someone because they're choosing to run down their contract.

Nick

Administrator
youre naive if you think he wouldnt have gone to burnley had he not got injured

I am just pointing out how it is. Fact is, he is going to be leaving because his contract expires and not because he is sold. This must be because "nobody wants him".

(We also paid money for Palmer and not for O'Hare so this must have meant nobody wanted him then).

skybluecam

I am just pointing out how it is. Fact is, he is going to be leaving because his contract expires and not because he is sold. This must be because "nobody wants him".

(We also paid money for Palmer and not for O'Hare so this must have meant nobody wanted him then).
It’s not a good faith argument is it, we would renew O’Hares contract tomorrow if he accepted.

The Palmer love in is weird.

Deity

Stop talking nonsense, he won us the Leicester game single-handedly
Simply not true. He played a material part but not single handedly.

If he’s one of the best 10’s in the championship he needs to deliver consistently …. That’s not an opinion thst is the very definition of being one of the best players !

blunted

Love Callum but he has stopped tackling on the press and leaving players for dead in midfield. Either, he is off form, not wanting an injury because he is leaving, or the ACL injury has put doubt into mind. He was the most fouled player in the Championship 2 years ago for a reason. The Southampton midfield seemed to take the ball off him with ease. There again, that was true of all our midfield.

Great_Expectations

It’s a real shame his Coventry career looks to be going out on a whimper. He’s at risk of leaving a bitter taste with fans too, a la Hamer as opposed to the Vik way of leaving.

Whether intentional/consciously or not (and I think likely not), his performances are below par and not influencing games. It’s been clear on here for a while he’s leaving (based on the ITK) and it’s likely always been his intention. So his avoidance of answering the question hasn’t helped his case with the fans either. Appreciate there’s a limit to what is sensible to say, but Vik was pretty clear it’s Premier League or he’s off. That coupled with his form, whether you agree or not, is going to leave sections of the fanbase feeling frustrated.

I like COH and ideal world he stays with us, he’s been a big influence, part of our rise and I believe grown to have an affinity with the club. On his day he’s a great player capable of changing games. But he’s going, and whatever the reasons, he isn’t going out strong……yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s a real shame his Coventry career looks to be going out on a whimper. He’s at risk of leaving a bitter taste with fans too, a la Hamer as opposed to the Vik way of leaving.

Whether intentional/consciously or not (and I think likely not), his performances are below par and not influencing games. It’s been clear on here for a while he’s leaving (based on the ITK) and it’s likely always been his intention. So his avoidance of answering the question hasn’t helped his case with the fans either. Appreciate there’s a limit to what is sensible to say, but Vik was pretty clear it’s Premier League or he’s off. That coupled with his form, whether you agree or not, is going to leave sections of the fanbase feeling frustrated.

I like COH and ideal world he stays with us, he’s been a big influence, part of our rise and I believe grown to have an affinity with the club. On his day he’s a great player capable of changing games. But he’s going, and whatever the reasons, he isn’t going out strong……yet.
Hamer also knew for a long time that he wasn't going to stay, but remained effective right up until he left.

Martin180

We will be. And the targets are shit hot apparently. No names, just been told to be excited
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Users who are viewing this thread