Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

What a brilliant bit of business. Comes to us on a free having turned down contract offers at Villa and saw out his contract. I'm sure he had other clubs after him, and while some would have offered more wages (though I don't think substantially more as some think on here) he has chosen us because the football we play, the team MR's has built which he can be integral to, the manager and coach, and he does not have to move home. He will grow and I would expect he will leave us for 10m in a couple of seasons. Clever stuff going on at CCFC. We will not be a struggling outfit next season. I look forward to being surprised yet again. MR's and AV have (with the blessing of SISU and Body) have fixed a broken football club. A Ricoh return would put icing on the cake.

jto123

What a brilliant bit of business. Comes to us on a free having turned down contract offers at Villa and saw out his contract. I'm sure he had other clubs after him, and while some would have offered more wages (though I don't think substantially more as some think on here) he has chosen us because the football we play, the team MR's has built which he can be integral to, the manager and coach, and he does not have to move home. He will grow and I would expect he will leave us for 10m in a couple of seasons. Clever stuff going on at CCFC. We will not be a struggling outfit next season. I look forward to being surprised yet again. MR's and AV have (with the blessing of SISU and Body) have fixed a broken football club. A Ricoh return would put icing on the cake.

Was just thinking how amazing it is that Robins is attracting these players considering we don't have a stadium.

1ccfc

Comes to us on a free having turned down contract offers at Villa and saw out his contract.
If he turned down the contract then Villa are due compensation. But there seems to be some confusion as it's also reported that Villa withdrew the contract offer in which case he would be free. I think that's right?

better days

Does this mean that we offered him more than Villa, or is it just he knew he would be in the first team here ?
Really don't know
But whatever happened at Villa, whether or not he was offered a new contract, his agent would have been in touch with other clubs to say O'Hare was available or he wouldn't be doing his job
Another factor at the moment is the financial crisis which means that many clubs will be just in survival mode and reluctant to offer the same deals as in recent years

mr_monkey

I'd like to think that, but surely they can't make that guarantee to the players if they can't to the fans?

I just think there may have been some nudge nudge wink winks when it was discussed, not a guarantee but a strong suggestion that we won't be at blues next season... Either that or I'm just an eternal optimist and on a sky blues happy news buzz today :)

Evo1883

giphy.gif

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Good business this. Hopefully he develops, gets spotted and we make good cash selling him on. We want to chip a bit of cash in to cover the trading deficit, and buy one or two replacements.
We need young tyros like O'Hare, not all the old codgers like Collins, Fox and Madden being suggested elsewhere. Shame it looks like Blackpool have nabbed Dennis Politic
I would have loved to see Politic in our attack he looked like a good player

chiefdave

Good to get this sorted so that he's in for pre-season training. Be a bonus if this rumour about Villa withdrawing their offer is true and we don't have to pay compensation.

ccfcway

Would be the same with any other non villa offer as well, but I suspect he will have got a nice signing on fee due to no or minimal transfer fee

Nonleagueherewecome

Welcome back Callum. Really hope he kicks on and grows into a great player. Bit concerned by the "highest paid player" story for what was about our 5th or 6th best player over the season last year, but nevermind.

Evo1883

Welcome back Callum. Really hope he kicks on and grows into a great player. Bit concerned by the "highest paid player" story for what was about our 5th or 6th best player over the season last year, but nevermind.

IMHO, he's got more potential to develop alot further than anybody currently in the squad attacking wise .. And will prove worthy of his wage

Rose dabo and hyam will all be worth big money in the coming 2/3 years too

ccfcway

purely down to minimal / lack of transfer fee. We wouldn’t have been able to pay a sizeable transfer fee and wage.

It’s the old champ manager problem. A small budget for transfers so throw it all into wages

Nonleagueherewecome

Pretty sure Villa did offer him a contract initially ages ago...

Ring Of Steel

Only just seen this- brilliant :) :) :) Almost as much from a "feel good" point of view as from a footballing point of view. Clearly O'Hare really likes this club and feels at home, which just feels great all round. Says a lot for the dressing room too, there must be a great spirit in there.

Not bothered about what might or might not have happened with Villa- if we couldn't afford it we wouldn't have done it.

torchomatic

Don't you think he deserves a little extra after all he has done for the club?

And to have his name spelt correctly?

vow

Echo the sentiments, fantastic bit of news!

Part of me wanted him on a 4 year deal, hopefully we've got that option of extra year....and no I'm never happy!

standupforcity

He seems to have his head screwed on and a genuine affinity for the club... I reckon we have given him a good release clause in case we go down and it gives him a starting role each week in the championship to push on
Yeah...and I think he's got sky blue blood in his veins!

Users who are viewing this thread