Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (3 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Fantastic news, so there is a GOD.

stay_up_skyblues

My best mate and my uncle (die hard Vile fans) were very vocal when he joined us on loan about Callum being the next big thing. Specifically “he hasn’t been sent there to put himself in the window, thanks for being the lower league club developing him for us”.

Naturally I’ve sent them the lad’s pump it up promotion vid several times today.

Jokes aside this could be our best signing in a decade. One thing we do know is he has potential, a bit of class and would run through a brick wall during his time with us. Great business.

hill83

My best mate and my uncle (die hard Vile fans) were very vocal when he joined us on loan about Callum being the next big thing. Specifically “he hasn’t been sent there to put himself in the window, thanks for being the lower league club developing him for us”.

Naturally I’ve sent them the lad’s pump it up promotion vid several times today.

Jokes aside this could be our best signing in a decade. One thing we do know is he has potential, a bit of class and would run through a brick wall during his time with us. Great business.

I've had the same. It's gone from "Potential to be a star for the Villa", to "He's shit anyway".

All teams do it but it's still amusing.

cc84cov

The best thing about this signing apart from the lad has loads of ability is it shows how far we have come from the lows of division 2 and our stature is on the rise attracting a starlet from the clutches of a higher league club.
Looking forward to our next deals and loans
Can’t remember the last time we had a successful loan from a higher league team and then went on to sign them permanently shows how far we have come.

DannyThomas_1981

Fantastic to have 2 top quality signings on the books at this time - Hamer and O'Hare. And if we're looking for pace in the back 3; DaCosta could be just the player we need.

What is really exciting is how we build on this. I'm sure there will be another couple of permanent signings. But perhaps even more importantly, Robins/recruitment team have a strong track record of finding hidden gems in the loan market - Bright/Walsh/O'Hare/Nazon etc. - so really looking forward to seeing who they are going to bring in to further evolve the squad.

Gibbo

For those who feel I am being unduly negative is recognizing the sell on value of O'Hare (potentially). This is the history of the right flank as far as I can remember.

17-18 Vincenti (experienced, had performed elsewhere)

Gibbo

I'll start again

For those who feel I am being unduly negative is recognizing the sell on value of O'Hare (potentially). This is the history of the right flank as far as I can remember. The change in formation does not change the basic story

17-18 Vincenti (experienced, had performed elsewhere) dropped to be replaced by Bayliss - definite upgrade
18-19 Bayliss moved inside to replace Doyle (dropped) replaced by Thomas (better winger if an inferior footballer) - upgrade
19-20 Thomas a loan so replaced by Jobello (less skillful, but more disciplined and a long term bet) - not an upgrade more a steady as you go
19-20 Jobello injured - eventually replaced by O'Hare - definite upgrade.
20-21 O'Hare on a permanent contract - definite upgrade.

In 3 seasons there have been 5 players who have at one time or other been on the right flank for a sustained period. You might also include Westbrooke. Two of these were loans as speedy trickery is hardly in plentiful supply in Leagues 1 and 2 - clogging centre halves maybe, but not tricky wingers. One was sold at a hefty profit.

The point here is that
1. There is always substantial throughput in any position except goalkeeper. 5 players is about average for three seasons.
2. Always have an exit strategy for any player from the start - be it sell at a profit, or be told they can look elsewhere or just termination
3. To always be looking to upgrade.
4. This successful trading activity of which the selling is just as important as the buying encourages otherwise reluctant owners.....

Sky Blue Pete

You know what I hope he’s rewarded in his career for this move. Don’t get me wrong we are in a higher division now but he must have been able to increase his salary elsewhere and probably by quite a sizeable amount. I hope he does well with us first but he deserves a great deal of credit

higgs

Is that a new stadium being built in the background

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

I'll start again

For those who feel I am being unduly negative is recognizing the sell on value of O'Hare (potentially). This is the history of the right flank as far as I can remember. The change in formation does not change the basic story

17-18 Vincenti (experienced, had performed elsewhere) dropped to be replaced by Bayliss - definite upgrade
18-19 Bayliss moved inside to replace Doyle (dropped) replaced by Thomas (better winger if an inferior footballer) - upgrade
19-20 Thomas a loan so replaced by Jobello (less skillful, but more disciplined and a long term bet) - not an upgrade more a steady as you go
19-20 Jobello injured - eventually replaced by O'Hare - definite upgrade.
20-21 O'Hare on a permanent contract - definite upgrade.

In 3 seasons there have been 5 players who have at one time or other been on the right flank for a sustained period. You might also include Westbrooke. Two of these were loans as speedy trickery is hardly in plentiful supply in Leagues 1 and 2 - clogging centre halves maybe, but not tricky wingers. One was sold at a hefty profit.

The point here is that
1. There is always substantial throughput in any position except goalkeeper. 5 players is about average for three seasons.
2. Always have an exit strategy for any player from the start - be it sell at a profit, or be told they can look elsewhere or just termination
3. To always be looking to upgrade.
4. This successful trading activity of which the selling is just as important as the buying encourages otherwise reluctant owners.....

O’Hare doesn’t play on the right flank... he’s playing as one of two attacking midfielders behind a striker.

A more accurate comparison would be Dabo, if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread