Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

The only thing that could spoil all the good news is finding out we’re returning to the soulless bowl with a franchise rugby club and a fuckedup pitch... but at least it’s got a preferable postcode yeah?

SeaSeeEffCee

Glad he's signed, hopefully he'll be here for a good few years.

One of the big differences between the Championship and League One is squad churn. Felt like we had a different team every season after we got relegated so it'll be nice to have a bit of consistency.

Grendel

A fair point, I thought I heard he is Azerbaijani, but I see he was born in Germany. Apologies

He is an Azerbaijan international so technically he is

lifeskyblue

If he can kick on from last season he will be an excellent player in the Championship; a real game turner. I think we need good back up for kelly a that’s the midfield sorted.
I like the look of kelly, Hamer, Allen and O’Hare with Shipley, Westbrook and ANO pushing for places.
A solid keeper back up, LWB, central defender and a couple of strikers (Dadoshev looks like one...so would like the other to be a target man/ball holder) and Robins will have the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

better days

I'm not sure he would count as Eastern European unless someone isn't very good at Geography.
Actually I heard Kazakhstan but this wasn't certain (I know it's in Asia) but didn't want to be too specific so said Eastern Europe
As the person I heard it from is not well traveled it's perfectly possible it's the Wolves guy from Azerbaijan
We'll see soon enough

Gibbo

Good business this. Hopefully he develops, gets spotted and we make good cash selling him on. We want to chip a bit of cash in to cover the trading deficit, and buy one or two replacements.
We need young tyros like O'Hare, not all the old codgers like Collins, Fox and Madden being suggested elsewhere. Shame it looks like Blackpool have nabbed Dennis Politic

Gibbo

Also it means we have filled two of the three potential gaps in what was our best starting eleven last season. Walsh has gone but we have Hamer for that slot. O'Hara retained. Now we just need a better replacement for Sam MacM than Mason. And we haven't used our loan options yet although one seems imminent.

skybluepm2

incredible. Over the moon with this, really didn’t think we’d have a chance of getting him in all honesty. Some talent and adds bulk to what is looking like a really strong midfield. Can’t see us adding anyone else in this area. Focus on the striker next! :D

Danceswithhorses

Btw I heard a while back that O'Hare was unlikely to come so I think is another example of how the club is on the up
Remember all the players we were linked with who decided to take other offers in recent seasons?
Does this mean that we offered him more than Villa, or is it just he knew he would be in the first team here ?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Btw I heard a while back that O'Hare was unlikely to come so I think is another example of how the club is on the up
Remember all the players we were linked with who decided to take other offers in recent seasons?

It's a very welcome surprise, must admit I'd written this one off. Hopefully some more to come under the radar.

mr_monkey

Probably similar money longer contract though he might of only been offered another year there

He seems to have his head screwed on and a genuine affinity for the club... I reckon we have given him a good release clause in case we go down and it gives him a starting role each week in the championship to push on

Gibbo

Oh fuck off with the negativity and snide comments today please
How is it negative or snide?. It is really good business and all football clubs are businesses. Spare me the emotion. It has been our business success over the last three years that partly explains the rise. Robbins rarely buys duds.

Please don't kid yourself. It is highly unlikely that we will do anything other than struggle in the Championship. We have the second lowest budget and success basically follows the money the higher you go up the ladder. O'Hara is potentially a building block. Hopefully, he helps us secure safety in the Championship, we sell him a good profit this funds the next step. One of the consistent features of Robbins mark 2 is that the quality of incomings has improved each year. Hopefully that will continue.

It's basically what we have been doing for the last three years, so why stop.

Pete in Portugal

Fantastic signing for us and for Callum O'Hare too. He's earned this contract with his 110% commitment to our cause. He makes our attack considerably more threatening with his skilful play, assists and goals.

mr_monkey

How is it negative or snide?. It is really good business and all football clubs are businesses. Spare me the emotion. It has been our business success over the last three years that partly explains the rise. Robbins rarely buys duds.

Please don't kid yourself. It is highly unlikely that we will do anything other than struggle in the Championship. We have the second lowest budget and success basically follows the money the higher you go up the ladder. O'Hara is potentially a building block. Hopefully, he helps us secure safety in the Championship, we sell him a good profit this funds the next step. One of the consistent features of Robbins mark 2 is that the quality of incomings has improved each year. Hopefully that will continue.

You are right, I misread the comment as a shot at sisu and actually deleted the comment when I realised, so apologies

Seamus1

Does this mean that we offered him more than Villa, or is it just he knew he would be in the first team here
I would also factor in length of contract, particularly in these uncertain times. Aston Villa might have been offering him £12k a week (a figure I’ve plucked out the air), but only on a one year contract, where he is possibly going to be making very few first team appearances. Who knows what impact Coronavirus will have on player availability next year. With this three year contract, even at half of what Villa had offered, he has a lot of security and he knows he will likely be playing a lot for us. He also knows that we would be unlikely to stand in his way of moving to a bigger club

Speedies_Chips

Robbins??

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who is O'Hara?

tisza

staying up is a decent result next season.think we'll be bottom 6 but it's about building.

Users who are viewing this thread