Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (4 Viewers)

RegTheDonk

Got a new girlfriend. Taken up parkour
She takes it up where?

Anyway, ta for the insight from your friend. If it's a yes, great the lad can get back to training with us and see how he gels with the new faces. Either way, the sooner this gets bottomed out we can all move on.

jto123

He went from being an impact sub, to the first second third name on the team sheet behind Walsh and Dabo. To see a loan player not be selfish sealed the deal for me - if he can add a bit of clinical finishing to his game he could go far. "Free" signing... no brainer.

Again, I'm not saying he is not a good player. He is and I am happy we have signed him, but he was not the third name on our team sheet. He was in rotation with four players in centre midfield. For example, he was a sub against Southend. I just don't think we should build him into something he is not.

jto123

Grealish had already played more than 30 games over two seasons in the Premier League by the time he was O'Hare's age. They're very different players too, it's just a lazy comparison.

Agree, it is a lazy comparison.

Yorkshire SB

Again, I'm not saying he is not a good player. He is and I am happy we have signed him, but he was not the third name on our team sheet. He was in rotation with four players in centre midfield. For example, he was a sub against Southend. I just don't think we should build him into something he is not.

He wasn't the third name on the team sheet, but for me he was one of 4-5 from last season's starting line up that I expect to do well in the championship, which is why the signing is key. Also by the end he wasn't in rotation at all, he started the last 4-5 games and all the big ones at that!

ccfc92

He went from being an impact sub, to the first second third name on the team sheet behind Walsh and Dabo. To see a loan player not be selfish sealed the deal for me - if he can add a bit of clinical finishing to his game he could go far. "Free" signing... no brainer.

Also, him playing on with that horrific head injury and not missing any further game time after it. How many Premier League players would do that in this day and age? (I appreciate concussion risks etc)

Bertola

He wasn't the third name on the team sheet, but for me he was one of 4-5 from last season's starting line up that I expect to do well in the championship, which is why the signing is key. Also by the end he wasn't in rotation at all, he started the last 4-5 games and all the big ones at that!

Agree towards the end of the season, the favoured pairing in the two advanced midfield roles was Allen and O'Hare. He was key to our success (as were Shipley and Westbrooke to be fair to them), and I can't believe people are downplaying his contribution.

jto123

I would broadly agree with this, but we'll need a few more key signings to back it up

SBT

Also, him playing on with that horrific head injury and not missing any further game time after it. How many Premier League players would do that in this day and age? (I appreciate concussion risks etc)

Almost all of them, probably?

Alkhen

giphy.gif

Bugsy

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread