Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

Garryb80

Technically it's not wrong. The signing isn't official until the transfer window opens, it's just clubs sometimes choose to announce players outside of the window once contracts, etc are signed.
But that doesn't stop anyone signing ohare and announcing it does it?

Grendel

It would probably also be even more unwise to do so for a known entity among the squad from last season. It's not like you could turn round and say CoH was the difference between us getting promoted or not. It was very much a collective effort which everyone played their part in. There are definitely other players who could claim they were more integral to the team success than O'Hare so if he came in on a bigger wage they'd be straight in asking for a raise and could justify it in comparison.

If we hadn’t had Walsh and O Hare we wouldn’t have been promoted as a collective they were pretty impressive

johnwillomagic

They were good but let's put this in perspective they were on loan and not ours and seem to have built messi like stauses.

Stephen Warnock was great for us on loan,
Jordan Henderson was good for us on loan...
Bright was good for us on loan,,,
Walsh & O'Hare good for uson loan.....

life goes one and I am sure with our scouting team currently we will get good permanent and on loan replacements for both.
Robins clearly rates Hamer to say he's a dirct replacement for Walsh ...put pressure on lad straight away so think Robins clearly
rates him and his ability to handle the pressure!

Grendel

Adam Armstong...etc .etc.... people getting far to hung up on Walsh and OHare

Not really as they were the mainstay of the teams midfield last season and were key to being promoted. It wouldn’t have mattered if Ferguson and Wallace were on loan in that season - without them the next season there’s a void to fill

Brighton Sky Blue

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If we hadn’t had Walsh and O Hare we wouldn’t have been promoted as a collective they were pretty impressive

Same could be said of Marosi. And Dabo. The three centre backs as a unit. Kelly providing experience alongside Walsh. Shouldn't iss out Godden or McCallum either.

O'Hare made his most telling contributions from the bench. Shipley, Westbrooke and Allen also looked good in those advanced midfield roles in different ways and I reckon even without O'Hare we'd have been fine in that position even though we'd have lost that slightly more direct option he gave..

I still doesn't say think we should break the bank to get him. If he wants a comparable wage to the rest of the squad by all means. If he wants a fair bit more I'd question if he was worth it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not really as they were the mainstay of the teams midfield last season and were key to being promoted. It wouldn’t have mattered if Ferguson and Wallace were on loan in that season - without them the next season there’s a void to fill

Shipley started 32 games, Westbrooke 29, O'Hare 23. Allen would've been in that equation too but for injury. Westbrooke and Shipley both scored more goals and Walsh got the same despite playing deeper. As for DCM Kelly started 35 and Walsh 32. O'Hare made by far the most sub appearances of them so to say he was one of the mainstay's isn't accurate.

Yes, he had become much more of a starter at Westbrooke's expense towards the end of the season and would probably have been on a similar number of starts but it's not like we didn't play quite a few games without him starting.

We could do with someone who plays like O'Hare because he's a bit different in terms of direct running but it doesn't mean it has to be O'Hare. Season before last we had Sterling. Couldn't get him back. Ended up with Dabo instead.O'Hare came in for Bright. If he signs it'll be nice but if he doesn't it won't be the end of the world.

better days

What Robins and his players have said about O'Hare decision

Sounds like the club are still hopeful, @better days didnt you say no1 at the club thinks he’s coming ? Still time maybe then as he’s weighing up his options etc
Tbh it reminds me of Bright after he had a successful loan with us and the fans and management thought he really wanted to come back
He essentially used us a lever to ratchet a new deal at Wolves
He got a lot more money but hardly played
Football is a job for these guys
We would probably be the same if we were in their position
It's a short career and their advisors will be reminding them of that at times like these

ccfcway

Tbh it reminds me of Bright after he had a successful loan with us and the fans and management thought he really wanted to come back
It's a short career and their advisors will be reminding them of that at times like these

exactly. We have effectively left players like Reise Allassani, Charlie Wakefield and Dexter Walters to hunt for a job in a lower division and lesser wage. We haven't showed any loyalty to them, how can we expect the same the other way ?

Sky Blue Pete

Accepted more than one deal to then ask for more. Better of without that kind of prima donna

Paxman II

Christ almighty, every post of yours is based on the same demonstrably incorrect assumptions

Not really. I imentioned it was a guess. Base on other championship sides and the fact we will need to at least be approaching a competative level I'll stand by my guesswork thank you until proven wrong. If you seriously don't think our average first team member will be on something like 6k a week then I'd like to know how MR's has been able to keep his squad together! It's the championship I'm talking about not league 1

Users who are viewing this thread