Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (1 Viewer)

jto123

Anybody else starting to get the feeling this isn't going to happen? Could be impatience on my part, but considering he has been with us all season you would have thought he would have been the first signing.

Sky Blue Pete

He’s got lots of options I would think. Patience is a virtue. Think it’s a question of how much it’s worth to him to play under a manager he respects and a team and fans who respect and love him.

probably earn something approaching £5k more a week at forest. Would you forgoe £250k a year for that?

some would and see the potential for his next move but it’s a big ask isn’t it?

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Yeah I’m getting increasingly pessimistic. I’m sure MR won’t wait forever and will put a deadline on things. He should come here where he knows he gets football. That extra cash at Forest might be good for a couple of years but if he sits on the bench, plays reserves and doesn’t develop it could be his last big wage.

We’re a club on the up and have surpassed players who could have joined in recent seasons, he shouldn’t be the next.

mark82

He’s got lots of options I would think. Patience is a virtue. Think it’s a question of how much it’s worth to him to play under a manager he respects and a team and fans who respect and love him.

probably earn something approaching £5k more a week at forest. Would you forgive £250k a year for that?

some would and see the potential for his next move but it’s a big ask isn’t it?

Don't be all sensible Pete.

Sky Blue Pete

Don't be all sensible Pete.
I’m sorry. It’s a genuinely huge question that is so hard to take. If you could map it out and see the future.

sign for coventry for £5k a week play next season and star in a team that against all odds finishes just outside play offs. Then sign for a leeds or a Bournemouth in the prem on £20k a week and impress again. Or sign and struggle to make an impact and never have an opportunity to play higher than lower championship. His agent won’t be advising him on his career it will be another money. I hope he takes advice from kelly or mcfadzean or robins and comes. I think he’d be a fabulous part of our young squad surprising a lot of people

mark82

The flip side is he comes to us and we have a bad season, get relegated and still never gets the chance to play above bottom championship.

Liquid Gold

The flip side is he comes to us and we have a bad season, get relegated and still never gets the chance to play above bottom championship.
At least he'll get the chance to play games in a system that suits him for a manager that trusts him.

I never though Bright would come back and aren't one for ex players but this makes too much sense not to happen. If it doesn't it will be about money which he could have had at Villa. His best scenario at 22 is playing regular games in the Championship and we'll offer that.

hamil99

Facebook User
It's the post he made, the wig, the track, the genuine happiness on his face.

He did really well for us on the pitch, not amazing, but bloody dam good. Excellent super sub.

Still the main reason I want him to sign is that post. Love it.

mark82

At least he'll get the chance to play games in a system that suits him for a manager that trusts him.

I never though Bright would come back and aren't one for ex players but this makes too much sense not to happen. If it doesn't it will be about money which he could have had at Villa. His best scenario at 22 is playing regular games in the Championship and we'll offer that.

I agree, but it's a tough decision for a young lad to make.

mark82

It's the post he made, the wig, the track, the genuine happiness on his face.

He did really well for us on the pitch, not amazing, but bloody dam good. Excellent super sub.

Still the main reason I want him to sign is that post. Love it.

The problem is his agent will probably advise him to take the most money (although looking at what we paid in agent fee's maybe we do try to sweeten the agent a bit).

mark82

The club don’t follow him either maybe we’ve pulled out the deal and he’s thrown a wobbler

Not sure the club would unfollow him. Who knows. I'd love O'Hare to come but I don't think it'll make or break our season.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Not overly arsed about O’Hare tbh. He’s a good player and he did well here but I don’t think our success next season hinges on whether we sign him or not and I back the recruitment team to have planned for the scenario where he doesn’t join.
Yeah, kind of agree with that. As much as I thought he was a good player, and (largely because he ‘puts a shift in’) is a fans favourite, I’m not convinced we should be throwing money at him. I’d love him to play for us next season, but given that he wasn’t even a guaranteed starter for us last year and let’s face it we did ok when he wasn’t playing, I don’t think we should get hung up on him signing. If he does, great. If not — we will have plans in place.

I’d pay twice as much for Walsh, and that’s not happening either. So let’s just enjoy the new recruits and move on from last season’s loan players (before it becomes another Bright scenario).

Of course if he did sign I’d be massively made up, but not gonna get too pissed off when he goes to forest (where he might not even play).

usskyblue

Maybe Robins is taking him to Birmingham with him.

35ewlu.jpg

cc84cov

We need to remember he wasn’t even a starter he was had more as an impact player would he suddenly go straight into the 11 to start ? He probably wants assurances he won’t get from Robins,he’s got tons of potential which in reality means nothing,I fully trust Robins when it comes
To these things.

Paxman II

Someone suggesting he would earn 10k a week at Forest? I think not. Unproven at Championship level and Villa did not put up much of a fight to keep him?
He would be a slightly unknown commodity in the championship and as has been said he did not feature constantly for us in league 1 until late in the season as he settled into his role more.
I think he is a player with great potential to go on and become a Maddison, Grealish and co, but he has some proving to do before then. We would be his perfect club tbh. I think we would be offering around 7k a week whereas a couple of others might be in for him who may offer slightly more. Still think we would be favourites in that scenario but perhaps MR's feels he is not essential? We have Jodi Jones remember and we just secured a good player in Hamer. Allen was also getting into his stride and looks a great prospect. Are we so sure MR's rates him enough to blow sustantial funds on a contract for him?

Sky Blue Harry H

If he comes - brilliant, if he doesn't never mind. Bugger all we can do about it anyway.

alfielloyd

Not overly arsed about O’Hare tbh. He’s a good player and he did well here but I don’t think our success next season hinges on whether we sign him or not and I back the recruitment team to have planned for the scenario where he doesn’t join.
agreed. but still hope he does sign but my major concern is replacing walsh who was outstanding.

Liquid Gold

Someone suggesting he would earn 10k a week at Forest? I think not. Unproven at Championship level and Villa did not put up much of a fight to keep him?
He would be a slightly unknown commodity in the championship and as has been said he did not feature constantly for us in league 1 until late in the season as he settled into his role more.
I think he is a player with great potential to go on and become a Maddison, Grealish and co, but he has some proving to do before then. We would be his perfect club tbh. I think we would be offering around 7k a week whereas a couple of others might be in for him who may offer slightly more. Still think we would be favourites in that scenario but perhaps MR's feels he is not essential? We have Jodi Jones remember and we just secured a good player in Hamer. Allen was also getting into his stride and looks a great prospect. Are we so sure MR's rates him enough to blow sustantial funds on a contract for him?
10 bags Bayliss didn't have Champ experience either. Money at that level is insane.

larry_david

O hare was decent but let's have it right. He was an impact player first half of season and if I remember rightly, cost us a couple of goals by fucking about instead of putting it in row z. Do I wanna sign him? Yes. Do I think we should sign him? Yes. Will our championship survival rest on O hare's arrival? Absolutely not. There are a 1000 similar players out there we could get.

Ring Of Steel

So basically...

We think he will join us: “he’s amazing”
We don’t think he’ll join us: “he ain’t that good tbh”

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread