Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (4 Viewers)

kg82

I think wages will be an issue.

He would've either had his wages paid by Villa or if paid by us he would've been on about £3-4k a week.

To then expect £10k a week in the Championship as unproven is a bit unrealistic.

Agent driven I would surmise.

Still think we will sign him mind.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Is he after £10k/week? I haven’t seen that. Just heard he wasn’t guaranteed football.

1ccfc

I've probably missed it but where does it say we've actually offered him a contract to sign? Maybe it's us being patient and waiting for the season to finish. I wouldn't be at all surprised if MR has someone else lined up with championship experience and we are having to wait for the season to finish. As much as we the fans like O'hare and are assuming it's him not signing, MR will be looking at it from a managers point of view.

1ccfc

Is expecting £10k/week that unrealistic in the Championship? Genuine question, I got the impression that was a below average wage.
For O'hare I don't think it is. Let's say compensation is in the region of £200,000, wages over 3 years would be just over 1.5 million, signing on fee, and agents fee. So we are in the region of a 2 million package over 3 years. Hamer has cost 1.4 million upfront then wages and so on. So his costing over 3 years is going to cost more than O'hares. I think it's whether we want to spend that on him or if MR thinks we can get better for our money.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Is expecting £10k/week that unrealistic in the Championship? Genuine question, I got the impression that was a below average wage.
I’m sure I read somewhere that 10k is the average wage in the championship.

In surprised if were not playing Hamer 10k a week. If he was allegedly wanted by Ajax it’d take some going to convince him to come to Coventry, a team who doesn’t know where they’re playing

Magwitch

He can’t sign yet, just like Hamer nothing official released until he was able to sign.
The season has been extended not sure when the window opens but it isn’t open yet, has any home based players signed for anybody yet. Hasn’t Robins just said he is waiting for the season to finish and the window opens.

Magwitch

I’m sure I read somewhere that 10k is the average wage in the championship.

In surprised if were not playing Hamer 10k a week. If he was allegedly wanted by Ajax it’d take some going to convince him to come to Coventry, a team who doesn’t know where they’re playing
10k might well have been the average wage last season but it will be a lower next, there was a list of clubs from the championship spending a lot more than their income per pound on wages that will be stopped.

Last edited:

skyblueelephant76

The season has been extended not sure when the window opens but it isn’t open yet, has any home based players signed for anybody yet. Hasn’t Robins just said he is waiting for the season to finish and the window opens.
You can sign players 365 days of the year, transfer window just means they are only eligible to play once it starts. League one & two have already been completing UK transfers and Brighton are signing a Wigan player.

Garryb80

Several signings already made in the football league. Its wrong that we can't sign ohare for that reason

skyblue1991

Who would you say is our highest paid player after promotion saraly rises?

Hamer? Godden? Marosi? Surely not on more than £10k a week, would be interesting to know

cc84cov

Yeah Robins identified the forward area as the one that needs most strengthening
In that case I imagine we pick up a fee for either max or Baka probably max as he’s older etc Baka has potential to grow,I don’t see O’Hare coming in now.

cc84cov

O’Hare’s Agent would of spoken to the club if it hasn’t happened by now I imagine he’s keeping his options open,I don’t see Robins waiting around on a player who isn’t certain if he wants to play with us.

We rightly move on.

Brighton Sky Blue

Who would you say is our highest paid player after promotion saraly rises?

Hamer? Godden? Marosi? Surely not on more than £10k a week, would be interesting to know

Keep in mind that’s £500k a year, find that unlikely

ccfc1234

Possibly not but if it messes up the wage structure and possibily team morale to the point everyone else will be looking to get circa 10k not 5k or will be unhappy. It would be a credible reason to not pay those sums just yet. Football is in un chartered waters and the new normal could throw up different revenue models etc. On this basis making commitments to one player, however good would be unwise.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It would probably also be even more unwise to do so for a known entity among the squad from last season. It's not like you could turn round and say CoH was the difference between us getting promoted or not. It was very much a collective effort which everyone played their part in. There are definitely other players who could claim they were more integral to the team success than O'Hare so if he came in on a bigger wage they'd be straight in asking for a raise and could justify it in comparison.

Legia Sky Blue

Villa fan I know says he has heard that his agent has negotiated a deal for O'Hare to play in Holland next season, and is waiting on a final decision from O'Hare to seal the deal.

Paxman II

I guess our first team squad to be on average 6k or so a week. One or two topping that to 8k (Godden, Hamer) Others will have bonuses attached that will reward them greatly on performances. So say kelly is on 7k as captain, and the team make midtable. I would guess again that his wages will increase through bonuses to around 9/10k.

mark82

Several signings already made in the football league. Its wrong that we can't sign ohare for that reason

Technically it's not wrong. The signing isn't official until the transfer window opens, it's just clubs sometimes choose to announce players outside of the window once contracts, etc are signed.

shepardo01

I guess our first team squad to be on average 6k or so a week. One or two topping that to 8k (Godden, Hamer) Others will have bonuses attached that will reward them greatly on performances. So say kelly is on 7k as captain, and the team make midtable. I would guess again that his wages will increase through bonuses to around 9/10k.
Way off Paxman. Way off. Posted about this a few days back. Bearing in mind we have a young squad, average wage will be in region of 2.5k p/w.... possibly lower.
We offered McNulty top money (for us) to stay after L2 promotion, that was 4k pw. Reading offered 8k.
Top earner would be in region of that now. No way we are paying anything near 8k pw.
Not currently anyway!!

fernandopartridge

Christ almighty, every post of yours is based on the same demonstrably incorrect assumptions

Danceswithhorses

In surprised if were not playing Hamer 10k a week.
There's no way we are paying Hamer 10k a week.
He signed from PEC Zwolle, not Barcelona.
Zwolle are a small Dutch side in the Eredivisie and due to their limited status and finances, would have been paying Hamer peanuts.
We have probably doubled his wages at the very least, but they still wont be that substantial imho

Mucca Mad Boys

Villa fan I know says he has heard that his agent has negotiated a deal for O'Hare to play in Holland next season, and is waiting on a final decision from O'Hare to seal the deal.

I’m sure there was rumours that teams from the Netherlands and Germany were after him. I’ve accepted that he probably isn’t going to join us.

Frankly, I do believe him staying with us made sense for all parties involved, even if for a year. But, if he gets the chance to play abroad at a higher level, none of us could reasonably begrudge him. A good performer for us who always put 100% in for the shirt.

Good luck to him whatever he decides!

Users who are viewing this thread