Transfer Rumour Callum O'Hare - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

He is probably exploring his options and seeing what club can offer what money and what club will give him enough game time I would do that to be fair to him if he is doing that

Magwitch

Are the players back ? The one who lives by me and I have seen training everyday hasn’t been around. Big kick off is rumoured to be mid September when it’s normally mid August so players may be away on holidays now travel is easier which might explain why O’Hare and others haven’t signed yet.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Are the players back ? The one who lives by me and I see training everyday i haven’t seen around. Big kick off is rumoured to be mid September when it’s normally mid August so players may be away on holidays now travel is easier which might explain why O’Hare and others haven’t signed yet.
They should be back in training today

Magwitch

Is that official or based on other years as I said the big kick off is likely to be two months away when normally they go back early July for a mid August

superskyblue

Is that official or based on other years as I said the big kick off is likely to be two months away when normally they go back early July for a mid August
Wouldn't be a surprise if we needed a longer pre-season than usual though would it? Haven't played for 4 months. Usually there's only a couple of months gap between last game and pre-season.

shmmeee

I’d have them all in for training and start friendlies ASAP TBH after 4 months off. Going to be a lot of rustiness.

If we don’t get O’Hare it’ll be a shame but I think there’s lots available in his position including several in our squad already so it’s not the end of the world.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It said on a story that Robins wanted them to call into training today it was on Monday it came out it was one to xo withHamer so I dont know if its just him and Dacosta or more

Magwitch

I might find out later my grandson who is at the academy had a meeting yesterday re. the academy and when they start up again he might know.

Sky Blue Harry H

Sorry if wide of the mark, but weren't players just meeting up this week, and couldn't return to 'work' yet due to furlough situation. Haven't back-read all the thread, so apologies if this has been covered.

Johnnythespider

I think this was from a story with Hamer, he returned to Holland after signing and told a local journo that he was returning to the uk with his partner and child and was reporting for training on Wednesday

Liquid Gold

I think it’s a shame for both club and player that O’Hare isn’t coming. We’re the right club in the right situation for this part of his career and he fits well in our system. He rejected Villa, Norwich and a Forest but then Blues came in. He wants to go there which is a complete basket case at the moment, easily one of the clubs that could end up in admin and a league below us next year.

He should grow with the club not be another that stagnates and lets the club grow past them.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I think it’s a shame for both club and player that O’Hare isn’t coming. We’re the right club in the right situation for this part of his career and he fits well in our system. He rejected Villa, Norwich and a Forest but then Blues came in. He wants to go there which is a complete basket case at the moment, easily one of the clubs that could end up in admin and a league below us next year.

He should grow with the club not be another that stagnates and lets the club grow past them.
Didn’t his uncle play for Blues?

how can you say we’re the right club in the right situation.

Blues are mid table, can offer more money than we can, and despite our recent success we’re still more of a basket case then most clubs in the EFL. We don’t event know what ground we’re playing in next season.

we have the smallest budget - we could easily Tank and be league one the season after (I’m confident we won’t - but it’s got as much chance as blues have of dropping)

I’ve no problem with O’Hare, he was a good player who helped get us promoted. If he chooses Birmingham then fair play - good luck except the obligatory “as long as it’s not against us”

Magwitch

How do you know that ?

Mcbean

The worry is that the current championship teams are getting their fitness through matches as well - our team will be starved of different approaches practice in real conditions - I have to say that the League 1 playoff ties were poor except for Oxfords Penalties - Championship is a big jump !

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, the championship teams will be a lot sharper. Same for the teams relegated from the premier league.

Us and Rotherham will have a lot less minutes.

Liquid Gold

He’s 22 and needs to be playing regular first team football. There is one place he’s guaranteed that in the championship. Blues could have 2 new managers next season and if any of them don’t fancy him he’s either in the 23s or back in league one.

Robins has a plan for him and the system we play suits him. It will be a shame to miss out on him because he’s a fantastic player but I’m sure we’ve got someone else lined up who will do just as good a job.

mr_monkey

You'd have to worry for him if this is true as blues haven't even confirmed who their new manager is... What's your source mate?

fernandopartridge

He's a Blues fan from an area that is a stronghold of their support, i think the heart probably rules the head for him as it would do for most of us in reality.

Liquid Gold

He's a Blues fan from an area that is a stronghold of their support, i think the heart probably rules the head for him as it would do for most of us in reality.
I think this is probably what it’s come down to. He rejected more at Villa than we could offer so it wasn’t about money. He wants to play football but he's been given a chance to join his club so is backing himself to force his way in there instead of being guaranteed it here.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah, the championship teams will be a lot sharper. Same for the teams relegated from the premier league.

Us and Rotherham will have a lot less minutes.

Or .........will have less time to have recovered from injuries, niggles, preparation time, on top of which when they resume there will be more midweek matches when the season resumes due to a compressed season. Also getting further into debt playing matches without crowds. Overall I think I'd rather be in our situation.

Sky Blue Harry H

Interestingly, I've trawled back through several pages of the Small Heath Alliance (Blues) forum, back into the end of June and there is not a single post about O'Hare. Not saying it won't happen, but surprised their fans forum isn't running away with that story when so many other minor stories are being covered (new manager excepted).

Magwitch

I’d question if these teams will be sharper from what I’ve seen with these bcd games teams look far from at their sharpest. Agreed Preparation will be different but I don’t see much difference, we will be fresh and hopefully champing at the bit and with a few newbies to boot.

fernandopartridge

I’d question if these teams will be sharper from what I’ve seen with these bcd games teams look far from at their sharpest. Agreed Preparation will be different but I don’t see much difference, we will be fresh and hopefully champing at the bit and with a few newbies to boot.
Yes, teams not looking sharp in competitive matches according to Magwitch are definitely not sharper than teams that haven't played competitively for 4 months.

Nick

Administrator
Are you on crack? The BCD games will be building up match fitness and sharpness. They won't be sharp straight away but will be ahead of us in that department.

SkyBlueCRJ

In no way does not playing for four months put us at any kind of advantage against other teams in the Championship that currently are.

It isn't even an argument.

Magwitch

Will they, ? They might just as well be jaded, who knows and who knows how many of these teams will be the same player wise, Robins will have us right and ready I’m sure if that.

Liquid Gold

In no way does not playing for four months put us at any kind of advantage against other teams in the Championship that currently are.

It isn't even an argument.
We’ll definitely be at a disadvantage at the start of the season but we could start to see a bonus around Christmas when you’d think we’d have fewer injury issues.

Users who are viewing this thread