Callum O’hare (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

We made one last throw of the dice a few weeks back

Top earner alongside the other one but with heftier bonuses

It was rejected as he already knows where hes going

Fuck him 🤷
Fuck him for leaving?

Only like players if they stay with us when want to keep them?

But hate players who happy to stay and we want them gone?

Come on so childish

ccfc1234

We made one last throw of the dice a few weeks back

Top earner alongside the other one but with heftier bonuses

It was rejected as he already knows where hes going

Fuck him 🤷
The irony if its Leicesterhe has agreed to sign for and we go up and they don't. No hate on my part but he was full of shi* when he went on about not being able to sign something that was not in front of him, when he had no intention of signing. It was disingenuous at best.

Hertsccfc

What’s else do you think then? Genuine question, as he said he’s still at home and love meeting up with his mates after training etc but if you had the chance to double your money why wouldn’t you?
Surely it's also about playing at the highest level he can, ie the top league here or abroad as per Hamer and Gyokeres.

baldy

The irony if its Leicesterhe has agreed to sign for and we go up and they don't. No hate on my part but he was full of shi* when he went on about not being able to sign something that was not in front of him, when he had no intention of signing. It was disingenuous at best.

Isn't he mates with most of the Leicester team or something? That's what I've been told

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry but hasn’t this been blindingly obvious for months?

Sick Boy

If he knows where he’s going it’s not going to be Leicester. Those rumours started based on him talking to their players after the game in January, as a lot players do as it’s a small world.

From what I’ve heard off someone, he’s off to Spain.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t know why we didn’t extend his contract when injured…. It seems a foolish oversight in retrospect.
COH didn’t want to sign one then - he’s said as much because he knew if he hit form after his injury he’d have Premiership interest.

If he got injured again, he probably knew we’d renew his contract as we did with JJ.

With 18 months left on his contract at the time of the injury, it was a lose-lose situation for the club. The caveat being promotion.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

The club showed massive support for Jody Jones but when his time come he was gone, there is no loyalty in football from clubs or players the same as in the real world, not that I am suggesting O'Hare isn't better than Jody, but it is a short career for them so if they want to go for better money/higher level thats their choice. He's been good for us very good at times but he didn't cost us anything to get him here and its a shame we cannot cash in on him but theres no need for anyone to feel bitter about him if he does go and good luck to the lad for the future unless he plays against us....

we got rid of JJ, he didn’t leave off his own back

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The him playing for himself stuff

The 'Fuck Him' is for his bleating about wanting to be paid the top dollar to stay

We offer that

He still says no
What annoys me a bit is that he suffered a very serious injury that could have ended his career and yet after working with the club to get back to fitness he clearly sets himself above the rest of the team and wants out .
There is no loyalty in football and perhaps he feels his injury was a wake up call to the notion that you have to take every opportunity you get to take what you can because tomorrow it might be gone .

On the other hand he might have thought he should be grateful to be where he is, given his recent injury and sign for another season to really make a go of it and see who comes in from the premier league beyond that.

Once someone decides Coventry City isn't big enough then they can go.

SIR ERNIE

He's almost 26 and I imagine has ambition to achieve as much as he can in the next 2 to 3 years. If that means testing himself in a better team against stronger opposition whilst increasing his earnings I say good luck to him.
He's given us 100% and owes us nothing.

fernandopartridge

What annoys me a bit is that he suffered a very serious injury that could have ended his career and yet after working with the club to get back to fitness he clearly sets himself above the rest of the team and wants out .
There is no loyalty in football and perhaps he feels his injury was a wake up call to the notion that you have to take every opportunity you get to take what you can because tomorrow it might be gone .

On the other hand he might have thought he should be grateful to be where he is, given his recent injury and sign for another season to really make a go of it and see who comes in from the premier league beyond that.

Once someone decides Coventry City isn't big enough then they can go.

He doesn't clearly think he's better at all, he's quite entitled to move on at the end of his contract. Fine line between his position and that of Jodi Jones really. He's at an age where his next move is critical so I don't blame him at all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

lacesoutdom

Hamer and Gyokeres at least waited to see if that could be with us.
we all have dips in form, im sure hes with in a trough atm, if he takes his chances again he;ll be in the shop window again, he'll know that, im sure his agent is saying perform well, get into the playoffs and teams will be fighting over themselves.

interesting to see hamers value prob half since his move, id imagine he has an exit clause if/when they get relegated

Hertsccfc

Well the difference is Gus and Vik both said they were going if we didn’t go up and spent the end of the season giving their all to make that happen. So of course it gets a different response to someone rejecting top earner, downing tools, and leaving on a free.
He hasn't downed tools. If he had I would have no time for him but it's simply not true. Stuff likes this is completely unfair.

I am not even sure Hamer and Gyokeres said what you claim they did.

Grendel

Well the difference is Gus and Vik both said they were going if we didn’t go up and spent the end of the season giving their all to make that happen. So of course it gets a different response to someone rejecting top earner, downing tools, and leaving on a free.

Hes not downing tools and neither Hamer or Gyokeres would have signed a contract before the end of the season

Reactions: AOM

Frostie

He owes us nothing. We gave him a contract & he's honoured it. His performances have gone way above & beyond what could be expected of him during his time here too.

It's pretty much common knowledge that we'd agreed to sell him to Burnley before his injury but not once was he pushing for the move. Were we disloyal to him then?

The timing of the injury was obviously unfortunate & he knows that this is his best chance at testing himself at a higher level & the salary that comes with that. We could of course have offered him a deal whilst he was recovering but chose not to.

He's shown tremendous dedication to get back to the levels he has & actually made significant improvements to his game whilst he's been out too. His end product & physicality are notably of a much higher standard so it's not like he was sat on his arse stealing a wage.

I can't think of many players in recent years that have worn the shirt with such pride & passion & he clearly loves being here & the support of the fans. It would be a real shame if we soured that by being bitter & not accepting that he must do what is right for him & his family. Any player would do the same in his position.

napolimp

Never seen O'hare give less than 100% on the pitch.

If he's looking to go, makes perfect sense. Anything else would be a very poor career decision. We may be promoted this season, albeit slim shot, but otherwise he has another year in the Championship with no guarantee of promotion - taking him to 27y/o. He should make the step up whilst he's in demand.

May not be a bad thing for us to get someone in with a fresh perspective, same with Lawrence's replacement.

SeaSeeEffCee

When did Hamer ever say he was going to go before the end of last season? Common consensus was that he was going to stay for most of the summer. He certainly never publicly said he’d only stay if we went up like Gyokeres did and spent most of the last 6 months of his time here telling people how much he loved it and that he wanted to stay.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Signed him on a free, he did the business, we got to the play offs without him I would back us to get back there, a lot of people sleep on Kasey and its ridiculous, yes he is inconsistent but when he is on it its like we have a PL player in our team he is unreal when on it, the only issue is he’s on it 1/3 times and can play 60/70 minutes, but he will be pivotal in the final run in

Flying Fokker

Ok,

I’m over his time at the club.
When did Hamer ever say he was going to go before the end of last season? Common consensus was that he was going to stay for most of the summer. He certainly never publicly said he’d only stay if we went up like Gyokeres did and spent most of the last 6 months of his time here telling people how much he loved it and that he wanted to stay.
Plus Hamer had to put up with having a camera shoved in his face during the weeks before the end of the season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Signed him on a free, he did the business, we got to the play offs without him I would back us to get back there, a lot of people sleep on Kasey and its ridiculous, yes he is inconsistent but when he is on it its like we have a PL player in our team he is unreal when on it, the only issue is he’s on it 1/3 times and can play 60/70 minutes, but he will be pivotal in the final run in
Endlessly shipping poor goals is what will cost us more than the Palmer/COH decision.

Deity

This “it’s a short career” rhetoric is of course largely no longer true.

They earn more in that career than most earn in employment for 40 years.

Those that look after themselves now play easily into their mid 30’s.

This line was true in the 80’s and 90’s when almost all players needed to get a career outside of football but it isn’t now if a player plays in the top 2 divisions and looks after his money.

Users who are viewing this thread