Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

What does it change? The clarification simply ends the speculation about if the two parties are in active negotiations or not and stops the press constantly asking about the matter and everyone can focus on football.

Sorry if you can't see the logic in that.
I think you just need to put your big boy pants on

Brighton Sky Blue

He would be literally stupid IMO to leave now when this club is definitely going places. There is a really god chance that he will achieve his aim with this club at the end of the season. Maybe that's what he is waiting on finding out first?
Win/win for him whatever happens. Either promotion here or a top flight move for nothing with loads of cash. In the mean time keep putting himself in the shop window for PL clubs

shmmeee

I think if we go up he signs a new deal with a relegation release clause.
I've read that Torp can play as an 8 or a 10. Think it could have been Robins who said it. I don't know, will have to wait and see him before deciding. He is an exciting prospect though.

Palmer could be seen as an alternative to CoH. Personally, I don't get the same feeling when Palmer gets the ball. CoH is a Lamborghini; quick, has a low centre of gravity and can turn quickly. He has the ability to cut though defences. Palmer is less delicate and I don't feel he's as incisive with his runs. I've not yet seen him make the same defence splitting runs. He also has an element of uncontrolled aggression. Like Binks, you always fear he's one tackle away from a red card.

Two very different players in the same role. Currently, they give us different looks. That will diminish if CoH leaves.

Disagree here. Palmer is much better at driving past players in the final third. O’Hare relies on twists and turns in tight situations.

Astute

What does it change? The clarification simply ends the speculation about if the two parties are in active negotiations or not and stops the press constantly asking about the matter and everyone can focus on football.

Sorry if you can't see the logic in that.
What has it got to do with anyone else?

The first thing we find out these days is where a deal has been done. Why should Robins and Co give away anything that could help another side sign him? Why should they tell reporters anything at all?

shmmeee

Any PL or parachute club absolutely has the cash to offer £30k/week. That’s youth team wages to PL clubs.

Astute

They’d have players on double, treble that now.
And there's the problem.

FFP will come into it. The teams relegated the previous season have a lower amount than those sides that stay up. The teams go down with players on Prem money. A lot of the time they are players on big money that are not up to standard. The Prem sides are not interested in them so they get stuck with these players as they have big contracts to be honoured.

Grendel

And there's the problem.

FFP will come into it. The teams relegated the previous season have a lower amount than those sides that stay up. The teams go down with players on Prem money. A lot of the time they are players on big money that are not up to standard. The Prem sides are not interested in them so they get stuck with these players as they have big contracts to be honoured.

That’s not how FFP works

slowpoke

And there's the problem.

FFP does not affect us, don’t take my word for it read the ffp rule and educate yourself.

Astute

FFP does not affect us, don’t take my word for it read the ffp rule and educate yourself.
Who said it affects us? I certainly didn't. How could it affect the selling side other than keeping bids lower?

Educate myself? It's normally myself and a few others that always try to look at any situation with open eyes. How many of our new players did you call shite? I didn't once. I came out with the probable reasons why. I said a few weeks ago we would be top 6 by the end of January. These so called shite players even beat this when most were just expecting mid table.

Last season? I was saying playoffs again when hardly anyone thought it was possible. I even took a charity bet with Boosh when the bookies were offering odds of 8/1 on us making it. How far back would you like to go?

Last edited:

slowpoke

I have never called any of our new players shite or older players for that matter I leave that to the “experts” on here as for top six I predicted that weeks ago I have also said second spot is very achievable and stick by it.

Astute

I have never called any of our new players shite or older players for that matter I leave that to the “experts” on here as for top six I predicted that weeks ago I have also said second spot is very achievable and stick by it.
We're too late for 2nd.

19 games to go.

Leicester are 25 points ahead of us.

Ipswich 18 points ahead of us. More or less a point per game left ahead. 6 wins behind.

Southampton 15 points ahead and unbeaten in the last 20 games. 5 wins behind.

Leeds playing good football and 11 points ahead. Solid at home.

We might go past Ipswich if the long, hard season catches up with them. But the other sides are also in good form and have the squads that can last the pace. Can't see any of them going on a bad run and also us winning nearly every game we have left.

I think we will be 4th or 5th. But the bad run we had before we got it together hurt us. 2 draws and 4 defeats IIRC. We have every chance in the playoffs. Our recent games against the top sides shows we're on a par at least with the top sides. But even if we fail next year is going to be fun. Good chance we would get a start on one or two of the relegated sides.

Covcraig@bury

Positivity, I’m with you all the way

slowpoke

If we win 14 out of our last 19 games we are on 82 points and I think we can where could that leave us in the final table ?

Mucca Mad Boys

If we win 14 out of our last 19 games we are on 82 points and I think we can where could that leave us in the final table ?

3rd or 4th. I imagine we’d mean us taking points off Ipswich, Southampton and Leeds in the given scenario.

We play two of those teams at home too…

slowpoke

Those three all have to play Leicester soon smarting from their battering here they also play each other and of course us and last match of the season is Leeds v Southampton
Sheffield United got promoted with 91 points 11 more than Luton so yes it’s all to play for but we have hit form at the right time I believe we can run second spot very close

Happy_Martian

You forgot to say what car Palmer is.

Aston Martin ? Ferrari 550 ? Solid, comfortable, lots of flair. Looks amazing. You know what you're going to get with him. A GT, not a supercar.

Senior Vick from Alicante

There is always a team that drops away badly going forward, Ipswich have only managed 7 points out of the last 6 games so I think things are catching up with them as most predicted. Our next six league games are all winnable, if they can do that I think we will possibly be contenders for automatics, it sets us up for April when we play Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich in a space of 2 weeks which would decide promotion or play offs.

slowpoke

There is always a team that drops away badly going forward, Ipswich have only managed 7 points out of the last 6 games so I think things are catching up with them as most predicted. Our next six league games are all winnable, if they can do that I think we will possibly be contenders for automatics, it sets us up for April when we play Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich in a space of 2 weeks which would decide promotion or play offs.
And add to that they all play each other and Leeds & Southampton meet last match of the season

SkyBlueAussie

Love the guy. Our forwards are getting service at last with him and Tatsu. If he goes, we go backwards again.
But then, King isn't made of money and we have to respect that.

Happy_Martian

Breaks down a lot?

Was looking at the positives. And we don't know the long term performance levels of either vehicle. Both could offer years of great service or turn out to be a clapped out banger in 6 months.

Astute

Love the guy. Our forwards are getting service at last with him and Tatsu. If he goes, we go backwards again.
But then, King isn't made of money and we have to respect that.
We have money to spend. But we don't have money to waste. Bring someone in from overseas and it would probably take time to settle in. We can't afford that on the run in. Get someone from the UK and they come at a premium price.

Users who are viewing this thread