Callum contract offer (4 Viewers)

cooperskyblue

He isnt signing lads

Stop reading into things

Me and a few others on here with links have all said the same. The kid wants a crack at higher money and higher level football

The most important thing is we identify his replacement ready for the opening of the window in the summer, we only get 1 crack at replacing someone like him
And we should be confident that we already are doing that planning like we were doing for Haji Wright, Simms etc. The recruitment this season should give us confident that we can bring in some more gems if O'Hare inevitably leaves in the summer.

slowpoke

And we should be confident that we already are doing that planning like we were doing for Haji Wright, Simms etc. The recruitment this season should give us confident that we can bring in some more gems if O'Hare inevitably leaves in the summer.
And we will hopefully this month

skybluegod

Agreed. That was also a very quick turnaround from getting into post in December, to carry out all the due diligence on the signings we have made must have been a huge effort. Now it is settled I'm confident we can find a player of quality, but important to remember it won't be an O'Hare.

Happy_Martian

Wonder if Robins will wait to see how Torp fits in before jumping into the market to replace CoH ?

As it seems more and more likely that CoH is leaving, would be costly and unnecessary to get another AM in if Torp is a more than capable replacement. Not seen him play (other than a 4 min YT video) so a lot of this is guesswork.

slowpoke

Wonder if Robins will wait to see how Torp fits in before jumping into the market to replace CoH ?

As it seems more and more likely that CoH is leaving, would be costly and unnecessary to get another AM in if Torp is a more than capable replacement. Not seen him play (other than a 4 min YT video) so a lot of this is guesswork.
Well he’s only got a fortnight.

Happy_Martian

Well he’s only got a fortnight.

If he starts against Sheff Weds on Saturday, where he plays may be an indicator. If he lines up alongside Sheaf, I'll acknowledge my idea was wrong.

Cally Fedora

No way any of Eccles/Sheaf/Allen are getting dropped for Torp yet. As for O’Hare, these protracted wranglings do my head in. It’s obvious he’s going. We should go all out to cash in on him this window. Anything £1m plus - take it.

mmttww

Anything £1m plus - take it.

You can't mean that. He's on for 10 goals from midfield and is creating as much as he did last year. We've hit form since he's been back and he's played a big part in the turnaround.

We won't be able to replace his output, workrate and effect on the squad in this window unless we drop a lot of money (£5m+) on someone who's wages would dwarf his current salary.

If he had another year on his contract, he'd be worth as much as Hamer. The fact he doesn't is a sh*t mix of circumstances and SISU being short sighted. Enjoy him while he's here.

higgs

Whilst I accept he is leaving, I am really gutted. He is a proper hero and has been such a huge part of the revival. I don't blame him for taking the money and bigger club.
If we go up and could offer him a bigger wage maybe he would stay fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Astute

Not difficult to understand just wish players would be honest.When he's asked about his contract he says that he knows nothing. I wish him all the best alot of the problem is agent's want there cut.
O’Hare said it was between his agent and the club. And it is. Otherwise what's the use of having an agent. And he won't know a lot until any other offers come in.

Yank

I think it is clear that he wants to play for a bigger club, I.e. in the Prem. The only hope to keep him is to get promoted but even that I don't think will guarantee anything; plenty of other teams up there I'm sure would like his services and could pay a fair bit more.

Regardless, I'm not gonna stress about it and I know its a played out cliche but still works: It is what it is and we will cross that bridge as far as bringing in a replacement, when we come to it.

ccfc1234

O’Hare said it was between his agent and the club. And it is. Otherwise what's the use of having an agent. And he won't know a lot until any other offers come in.
So when he says that it's between the club and his agent is he being honest or disingenuous? Surely he would know if he is considering the club's offer asking for 10k more or frankly stringing the fans along with ambiguous statements.

I am still holding out hope they are negotiating and he wants to stay. But if not he should maybe be honest and say he wants to concentrate on his football and look at contracts at the end of the season.

robbiekeane

So when he says that it's between the club and his agent is he being honest or disingenuous? Surely he would know if he is considering the club's offer asking for 10k more or frankly stringing the fans along with ambiguous statements.

I am still holding out hope they are negotiating and he wants to stay. But if not he should maybe be honest and say he wants to concentrate on his football and look at contracts at the end of the season.
What does that change for you if he did that 😂Literally nothing

Either way he is holding tight and figuring it out at the end of the season…whether he avoids the question saying he doesn’t know, whether he says fuck off I fancy more money, or whether he says he will look at it at the end of the season

End result still the same isn’t it

God we have some strange fans

Astute

Why do you think that it's all about the money?

Try reading between the lines. Better chance than just taking a wild stab.

If it was about the money the two sides would have a better idea and would say negotiations are underway. But the official line is there's an offer on the table. The offer isn't getting accepted or turned down. Despite the situation both sides seem on good terms with each other.

So to me both sides know where they stand. Robins has stated he would love to keep O'Hare and hopes he stays. This is why I say we go up O'Hare stays we don't go up he leaves. If we do go up what clubs would be interested in him? If it isn't an established side why would he want to leave? Part of a good side which with a few additions would have a decent chance of staying up. Or go through the upheaval of moving clubs not knowing if he would always be a first choice and leave a club where he is adored.

Cally Fedora

You can't mean that. He's on for 10 goals from midfield and is creating as much as he did last year. We've hit form since he's been back and he's played a big part in the turnaround.

We won't be able to replace his output, workrate and effect on the squad in this window unless we drop a lot of money (£5m+) on someone who's wages would dwarf his current salary.

If he had another year on his contract, he'd be worth as much as Hamer. The fact he doesn't is a sh*t mix of circumstances and SISU being short sighted. Enjoy him while he's here.
I do mean it. He’s a good player. I’d like us to keep him. But he’s not staying. We are much better cash wise with DK but in business terms he’s the equivalent of 2, possibly 3,000 season ticket sales. The counter argument is that keeping him short term could get us a play off spot and I understand that. It also assumes of course someone will pay. I suspect the deal is done and he’ll play out time till the summer.

DannyThomas_1981

I see COH and Torp as very different players Martian. COH is a 10 and Torpy an 8 from everything I have read. I think at times we tried Hamer in the 10 position last year but it certainly wasn't his best position. I see Torpy paired with Sheaf with a 10 ahead of them - Torpy bombing forward Hamer style but from that deeper position on the pitch. The direct replacement in today's squad for COH is most likely Palmer - who I'm a huge fan of but I'm sure the scouts are 100% planning for a scenario where COH is not with us after May. I hope he stays but we're not in a strong position here - the player holds most of the cards.

Happy_Martian

I see COH and Torp as very different players Martian. COH is a 10 and Torpy an 8 from everything I have read. I think at times we tried Hamer in the 10 position last year but it certainly wasn't his best position. I see Torpy paired with Sheaf with a 10 ahead of them - Torpy bombing forward Hamer style but from that deeper position on the pitch. The direct replacement in today's squad for COH is most likely Palmer - who I'm a huge fan of but I'm sure the scouts are 100% planning for a scenario where COH is not with us after May. I hope he stays but we're not in a strong position here - the player holds most of the cards.

I've read that Torp can play as an 8 or a 10. Think it could have been Robins who said it. I don't know, will have to wait and see him before deciding. He is an exciting prospect though.

Palmer could be seen as an alternative to CoH. Personally, I don't get the same feeling when Palmer gets the ball. CoH is a Lamborghini; quick, has a low centre of gravity and can turn quickly. He has the ability to cut though defences. Palmer is less delicate and I don't feel he's as incisive with his runs. I've not yet seen him make the same defence splitting runs. He also has an element of uncontrolled aggression. Like Binks, you always fear he's one tackle away from a red card.

Two very different players in the same role. Currently, they give us different looks. That will diminish if CoH leaves.

Brighton Sky Blue

He wants to play in the top flight. If we go up he stays if we don’t he doesn’t

ccfc1234

What does that change for you if he did that 😂Literally nothing

Either way he is holding tight and figuring it out at the end of the season…whether he avoids the question saying he doesn’t know, whether he says fuck off I fancy more money, or whether he says he will look at it at the end of the season

End result still the same isn’t it

God we have some strange fans
What does it change? The clarification simply ends the speculation about if the two parties are in active negotiations or not and stops the press constantly asking about the matter and everyone can focus on football.

Sorry if you can't see the logic in that.

NorthernWisdom

He’s literally only still here because he got injured.

“Oooh he loves it here and wants to touch all of the fans willies and stroke their backs and feed them grapes”
Well yeah exactly. I mean I actually feel a bit sorry for him he didn't get his move as that must be hard to reconcile but of the many things to aim at SISU, tying him to a contract and him then getting injured ain't one of them!

JSL

He would be literally stupid IMO to leave now when this club is definitely going places. There is a really god chance that he will achieve his aim with this club at the end of the season. Maybe that's what he is waiting on finding out first?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No way any of Eccles/Sheaf/Allen are getting dropped for Torp yet. As for O’Hare, these protracted wranglings do my head in. It’s obvious he’s going. We should go all out to cash in on him this window. Anything £1m plus - take it.
Ordinarily I'd agree with getting a fee for him rather than letting him leave on a free, but given the form he's in right now I think I'd risk keeping him and seeing if he can help us achieve promotion. If we manage that I think he'd stay anyway.

One thing I would be doing this transfer window is highlighting, and if possible signing, his potential replacement. Given them 6 months to get up to speed for next year. if O'Hare did then re-sign we'd have a stronger squad for next year so still all good.

I'd be happy to offer him equal pay with our top earner, and a decent signing fee along with it, given how hard and how much it would cost to replace him. We'd have to replace the technical ability, the non-stop energy and stamina and his positive effect in the dressing room, and now goals too. That's a hell of a lot to be asking of one signing.

But he may not be willing to sign even that. As we were apparently on the verge of selling him to Burnley before he got injured (admittedly due to financial necessity), his mindset regarding loyalty may well have changed and he needs to consider himself as who knows when another injury may occur. As long as he doesn't end up signing for a team in the same league I'd wish him all the best for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread