Callum contract offer (1 Viewer)

Winny the Bish

If he doesn't sign, what would people rather:

A) Keep him for another playoffs push?
B) Cash in for say £1-2million?

Reactions: SAJ

Alkhen

so if we were to pay him 25k a week for 3 years - thats around 10m with payroll extras .
In reality if we dont go up after 1 year, then probably sell him anyway , so it is a £3m investment for 18 months -
Why wouldnt you
Because he's has been out for 18 months with a major injury and has only found form in about 5-6 games since coming back.

I'm not saying he isn't worth a big pay hike but the risks need to be considered.

JimmyHillsbeard

Why does Dawkins always get involved. He seems to think he knows everything and should know everything, stick to your Pub singers or whatever he does
He’s a fan. Plenty of fans (including those of us on this forum in this thread) give their opinion on whether OHare should be offered a new contract and what the terms of that contract should be.

JSL

Consider the scenario where he is on a high earning long term contract and he gets injured again. That could lead to financial stress at the club and my guess is that they are treading with caution.

JimmyHillsbeard

Can't see us making the play offs, let alone winning them, take the money

there’s not going to be a big queue of clubs wanting to buy him in January when he can walk away for free in the summer.

* would he make the difference to Luton, Burnley or Sheffield United’s attempts to stay in the Prem? Probably not. So unless they see it as a cheap way of recruiting a player for next year’s promotion push they’ll probably wait until the summer.

* would he make the difference for a play off push for Southampton, Leeds, WBA, etc? Again probably not unless one of the first two say it as an opportunity to weaken a play off rival (us).

GIMOC

Consider the scenario where he is on a high earning long term contract and he gets injured again. That could led to financial stress at the club and my guess is that they are treading with caution.

you could say that about any player. before his unlucky injuries he was ever present for us despite getting hacked down every week. can’t believe fans are happy for him to leave. since he’s come back he’s added goals to his games

pusbccfc

I don't think O'Hare is motivated by money, so the assumption that it's about the salary is probably misguided imo. He'll want to play at a higher level.

If you were him, you'd probably wait to see what league you're playing in next season before agreeing to anything.

This. Without his injury, he'd have been playing in the PL by now. He may be thinking that this is the best, and possibly only, chance of playing at that level.

Top flight clubs would gamble on a free but I can't see teams paying £5m+ for him if he signs the contract.

Kingokings204

Can’t see the big deal. It’s in everyone’s interest he signs a contract but it must be a fair contract. O hare is worth around 8m give or take I would think. So it’s not worth the few grand he wants more if that’s what he has said. He secures his football future at a place he loves after a long injury and we secure an asset which if we wanted to cash in in the summer we can. It’s just a win win scenario.

pusbccfc

you could say that about any player. before his unlucky injuries he was ever present for us despite getting hacked down every week. can’t believe fans are happy for him to leave. since he’s come back he’s added goals to his games

No one wants him to leave but I think many have doubts as to wether we break the wage bill for him.

pusbccfc

Can’t see the big deal. It’s in everyone’s interest he signs a contract but it must be a fair contract. O hare is worth around 8m give or take I would think. So it’s not worth the few grand he wants more if that’s what he has said. He secures his football future at a place he loves after a long injury and we secure an asset which if we wanted to cash in in the summer we can. It’s just a win win scenario.

Would teams really pay £8m for a player who's been out for a year with an ACL injury?

Briles

If this was sisu there wouldn’t be an offer and he’d be flogged, fortunately we don’t need the money at the mo

Reactions: vow

Kingokings204

Would teams really pay £8m for a player who's been out for a year with an ACL injury?

come the summer or next jan they might. Even if it’s 6m it’s still worth keeping such a valuable asset. If he scores a few more and stays fit he could be worth 10m

Flying Fokker

so if we were to pay him 25k a week for 3 years - thats around 10m with payroll extras .
In reality if we dont go up after 1 year, then probably sell him anyway , so it is a £3m investment for 18 months -
Why wouldnt you
Just wondering if it is really 10 million? 6 maybe? How does the 10 mill stack up?

Marty

I hope we don't lose him but the club also need to weigh up plenty of other things, between the 2 options, I'm happy to have a punt at the play offs and allow him to leave for nothing, 1-2 mill is not a lot of money when the potential return of him staying is premier league football at what £150 mill???

Reactions: vow

SkyblueTexan

If he stays, he stays, and only for a contract that's fair to both parties. Hope he remembers that we stood by his side during his spell on the sidelines and we've been through thick and thin.. However, if he's leaving we need DK to fetch a good price for him so that we can replace him.

Flying Fokker

If someone values him at 8m then so be it. In my view, it is early days. Particularly as he’s still yet to prove his worth after injury. If he can land a big contract elsewhere then good luck to him. He’s not going to be missed as much as people think. We have some great players in our squad.

Pezza

It's a balance, the more O'Hare continues to play well, looks sharp, score goals and show his fitness, the more cards he has in terms of what he should be offered. However, if we offer him and contract, he signs tomorrow and then form goes out the window and his knee goes again.... well that's the gamble.

But... I've said it before, it will come down to what other options he has on the table and if I'm honest, I can't see any PL clubs being that interested and if Sheff Utd or Burnley are keen, is that much of an upgrade? financially maybe but otherwise it's a gamble for Callum.

Will be interesting...

long way home

From what i was told couple of weeks ago he knew the offer on the table. His agent then replied saying no, i think the deal should be this, only to get a reply with a very short answer which i don't think was expected. It also had this much take it or leave it and the club need to know within 2 weeks.

So unless Ohare changes his agent or wants to stay and excepts terms, things will be taken out of his hands. The only other compromise will be stay and walk for free come end if the season. I know others will of seen and heard the same. I hope he stays but someone or both will need to change a stance if that is the outcome

pusbccfc

come the summer or next jan they might. Even if it’s 6m it’s still worth keeping such a valuable asset. If he scores a few more and stays fit he could be worth 10m

And if he were to get injured again, you've thrown 25k a week on a player.

It's a big gamble.

I'm desperate for him to stay but would not make him our top earner yet.

shmmeee

And if he were to get injured again, you've thrown 25k a week on a player.

It's a big gamble.

I'm desperate for him to stay but would not make him our top earner yet.

You make that gamble with every signing though. We’ve got more insight into O’Hare than anyone we might bring in so in a way the risks are at least better known. Depends what medical says about a relapse.

Users who are viewing this thread