Callum contract offer (2 Viewers)

Bertola

He's our best player. He deserves paying accordingly.

Look at him in the city unseen videos too, he's the heartbeat of the squad. He was the first to celebrate with Simms after his assist for Sheafs goal, him, Milan, Haji and KP seem to have great chemistry. Lets not mess this up by low-balling him

Evo1883

You make that gamble with every signing though. We’ve got more insight into O’Hare than anyone we might bring in so in a way the risks are at least better known. Depends what medical says about a relapse.
Any player could walk out tomorrow and have a bad injury , didn't Robins say that Cals ACL was like brand new with the surgery he had ?

pusbccfc

You make that gamble with every signing though. We’ve got more insight into O’Hare than anyone we might bring in so in a way the risks are at least better known. Depends what medical says about a relapse.

Agreed but it shows they may not think he's worth that money based on what they know.

It's difficult because right now he's one of our best players but, like with Hamer, if you throw £25k a week on him, every big name signing we make will demand that.

Kingokings204

He's our best player. He deserves paying accordingly.

Look at him in the city unseen videos too, he's the heartbeat of the squad. He was the first to celebrate with Simms after his assist for Sheafs goal, him, Milan, Haji and KP seem to have great chemistry. Lets not mess this up by low-balling him

exactly this. We all know his injury but that was 1 bad injury that could happen to anyone. Now it’s like he hasn’t been away and as good as ever. He deserves a fair wage not lowballing him. Obviously he may have been offered fair money but clearly there is a disagreement as it stands and it’s always money.

skybluericoh

Hope he signs a new contract, there is a gamble on each side. He says no then get another injury. Or he use yes and gets one.
Even though we lost Gus and Vic I believe we are a stronger team this season. Still a work in process, Calum would be missed but we would get over it.

Saddlebrains

Do we think he is a better player than Ellis Simms and Haji Wright?

Because if so, then yes, he is deserving of top earner. And we all know the answer to that

King for me needs to stop the play off lip service but not wanting to pay the cash in wages for the players that can get you there

Manchester_sky_blue

I don't think O'Hare is motivated by money, so the assumption that it's about the salary is probably misguided imo. He'll want to play at a higher level.

If you were him, you'd probably wait to see what league you're playing in next season before agreeing to anything.
Completely agree. This is why I was suggesting on the other thread that we should stick a 1 year extension in front of him with a promise not to stand in his way if we don't go up.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Wasserman his agents will be the fly in the ointment on this one, they are known for playing hardball and will have possibly banked on this as part of their projected income stream for this years accounts. They will be giving advise to CH which suits him and them as they need to turn a profit. I want him to stay but agents have to much say in what goes on unfortunately so I think he may move for better pay on a free. Max Aarons was on £29k a week last season before he moved so how much do you offer?

Saddlebrains

Where the fuck did this come from 😂

Nobody knows anything about what’s been offered. You don’t half just conjure some shite up sometimes

Its not shite you melt

We've offered him a contract on improved terms and pretty decent bonuses

But its not at the level of the top 2 earners at the club

Would you class Callum as being worth more to the club than Haji Wright or Ellis Simms?

Because if so, then you wouldn't be against him being top earner

GIMOC

a lot on here forget what happened at radio 1 weekend when ohare came on stage. hes good mates with dawkins so he’ll be more privy to whats going on than most. the club have offered a measly contract. most would say no to it. no negotiations either. fans shouldnt be happy with how the club have dealt with this. ohare is one of the best players in the league. should be offered a wage to reflect that. end of

Saddlebrains

The answer is a resounding Yes and by a long way.

Im pretty sure thats the thoughts of nearly all of us aswell

Thats all hes asking for. I dont see why it cant be done considering we're still sat on 12 million of Hamer money installments, Record ST sales, record Merch sales, highest average attendance in decades at higher prices etc etc

We are doing our bit and doing it well.

If King really does want play offs in 3 of the next 5 seasons, he needs to show it

slowpoke

Wasserman his agents will be the fly in the ointment on this one, they are known for playing hardball and will have possibly banked on this as part of their projected income stream for this years accounts. They will be giving advise to CH which suits him and them as they need to turn a profit. I want him to stay but agents have to much say in what goes on unfortunately so I think he may move for better pay on a free. Max Aarons was on £29k a week last season before he moved so how much do you offer?
I think Wasserman have few of ours on their books.

biggymania

I would agree Callum deserves to be a top earner at the club, but I wonder if the club are waiting for an actual bid to understand what the market would pay and match that. I don't think he's necessarily a good fit for a Premiership team right now which might limit the contracts he will be offered. Of course, that will change in the summer...

robbiekeane

Its not shite you melt

We've offered him a contract on improved terms and pretty decent bonuses

But its not at the level of the top 2 earners at the club

Would you class Callum as being worth more to the club than Haji Wright or Ellis Simms?

Because if so, then you wouldn't be against him being top earner
What are the numbers? You don’t know anything

But you come out with shit like “king had better stop just paying lip service” so that if COH signs you’re like oh great he finally put his hand in his pocket, and if he doesn’t you’ve got your weird little conspiracy theory ball rolling

robbiekeane

Im pretty sure thats the thoughts of nearly all of us aswell

Thats all hes asking for. I dont see why it cant be done considering we're still sat on 12 million of Hamer money installments, Record ST sales, record Merch sales, highest average attendance in decades at higher prices etc etc

We are doing our bit and doing it well.

If King really does want play offs in 3 of the next 5 seasons, he needs to show it
To be fair I should just leave you too if, you’ve already made a massive twat of yourself once this season with your knee jerk tantrums so crack on

Users who are viewing this thread