Byng (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Can we stop this? I’m starting to know things about rugby and I have no wish to. I’m sure there’s a rugby forum out there people who want to discuss it can.

this sites wasps talk has taught me more about rugby than I have ever known.

Nick

Administrator
He's got a few people upset by questioning Wasps it seems.

Maybe if the local media and fans groups applied some pressure months ago we wouldn't be at St Andrews as they clearly don't like it.

shepardo01

He's got a few people upset by questioning Wasps it seems.
Unbelievable that the same accounts appear again... (although it is not really!)
It's almost as if it is an actual job for some of them to search anything of detriment to Wasps or the Council and pounce on it and spin it back to SISU....

shmmeee

Unbelievable that the same accounts appear again... (although it is not really!)
It's almost as if it is an actual job for some of them to search anything of detriment to Wasps or the Council and pounce on it and spin it back to SISU....

You realise they all say this about this place right?

I’m waiting for someone to claim Putins involved on one side or the other at this rate.

clint van damme

I’m waiting for someone to claim Putins involved on one side or the other at this rate.

you think there's not something strange about accounts who only pop up on the political threads but don't even look at any football related ones?
So what's your explanation for that then?

shmmeee

you think there's not something strange about accounts who only pop up on the political threads but don't even look at any football related ones?
So what's your explanation for that then?

It happens on both sides is all I’m saying. There’s fans on here who post far more about the politics than the football. Maybe they talk about football on twitter or in person or the whole thing has been ruined for them because of the politics so they’re obsessed by that.

It’s not productive to just shout “bot” at people who disagree with you. I’ve had it, and as I say there’s people outside of this site that say we are all Sisu plants paid to distress Wasps.

It’s getting ridiculous. We are a League One club. There’s just a lot of passionate misinformed people on all sides is all.

Nick

Administrator
It happens on both sides is all I’m saying. There’s fans on here who post far more about the politics than the football. Maybe they talk about football on twitter or in person or the whole thing has been ruined for them because of the politics so they’re obsessed by that.

It’s not productive to just shout “bot” at people who disagree with you. I’ve had it, and as I say there’s people outside of this site that say we are all Sisu plants paid to distress Wasps.

It’s getting ridiculous. We are a League One club. There’s just a lot of passionate misinformed people on all sides is all.

The funny thing is, the people who keep shouting that we are all SISU plants all seem to have a very strange agenda and some do actually work for the Council ;)

It's just like people telling you that I got free season tickets and others saying I am on SISU PR payroll, the people who seem to be pushing that view have all seemed to be linked to the Council or the Trust. Funny that.

clint van damme

it's not about shouting accusations at people who disagree with me, there are people like Adge and Tommo who I disagree a fair bit with on the politics but who quite clearly are huge fans of the club, I'm talking about contributors who never go on match threads, never go on player ratings threads but are all over it whenever there's a wasps or Rich rumour thread pop up.
When I bought this up the other day there were posters who not been on a match thread for as far as I looked back whose names suddenly appeared in the list of those who had viewed the Bristol Rovers replay thread! It's so transparent.

shmmeee

The funny thing is, the people who keep shouting that we are all SISU plants all seem to have a very strange agenda and some do actually work for the Council ;)

It's just like people telling you that I got free season tickets and others saying I am on SISU PR payroll, the people who seem to be pushing that view have all seemed to be linked to the Council or the Trust. Funny that.

I thought it was you that said about the free tickets. I got that wrong. This must now be the fourth time I’ve apologised for that mistake.

As I keep saying, if you’ve got proof, fine. If not it’s just not helpful. It puts everyone into defensive mode. I don’t think it’s unique to this site BTW, the last few years every place I go online has each side throwing these accusations around.

I’m going to leave it there.

Nick

Administrator
I thought it was you that said about the free tickets. I got that wrong. This must now be the fourth time I’ve apologised for that mistake.

As I keep saying, if you’ve got proof, fine. If not it’s just not helpful. It puts everyone into defensive mode. I don’t think it’s unique to this site BTW, the last few years every place I go online has each side throwing these accusations around.

I’m going to leave it there.

No I am just saying, the people who seem to make things up about people on here always seem to have their agenda to try and discredit. It's been like it for years because they don't like sense being spoken.

There is proof of particular people being involved with certain sides that mislead about here. The people who are so heavily giving it the "SISU Payroll" type things have all turned out to actually be involved with the council. Why's that?

chiefdave

There's lots of differing opinions on here but the vast majority of posters do actually show an interest in the club and the ones who don't are pretty quickly called out on it. IMO that's very different to someone who spends hours every day searching out people on social media who dare to have criticised the council and / or Wasps and having a go at them.

Have a look at some of the twitter feeds in question, its relentless. And its the only thing they post about.

shmmeee

There's lots of differing opinions on here but the vast majority of posters do actually show an interest in the club and the ones who don't are pretty quickly called out on it. IMO that's very different to someone who spends hours every day searching out people on social media who dare to have criticised the council and / or Wasps and having a go at them.

Have a look at some of the twitter feeds in question, its relentless. And its the only thing they post about.

We have our fair share of obsessives. Problem is one or two become an entire group in people’s heads and then literally anyone who doesn’t follow the party line (on either side) is denounced as not arguing in good faith and therefore ignorable and both retreat further into their bubbles.

As I say, it’s not an SBT phenomenon, it’s an Internet phenomenon. This video explains something close to what I’m getting at pretty well:

Nick

Administrator
We have our fair share of obsessives. Problem is one or two become an entire group in people’s heads and then literally anyone who doesn’t follow the party line (on either side) is denounced as not arguing in good faith and therefore ignorable and both retreat further into their bubbles.

As I say, it’s not an SBT phenomenon, it’s an Internet phenomenon. This video explains something close to what I’m getting at pretty well:

Yeah but it's been proven they have been part of the Trust who speak on behalf of fans and that the majority have them actually are linked with the council or trust.

It's not a conspiracy.

Users who are viewing this thread