Byng still interested in the club (1 Viewer)

duffer

C'mon fellas - 'genuine'? He's been chucked out of his own professional association for dishonorable conduct, that doesn't qualify as 'genuine' to me.

At one point his 'backers' couldn't work out how to send an email, which was laughable. Then it changed to them not understanding the administration process. For a chap who has run at least one of his own businesses into administration, you think he might have been able to help them.

I'm far from convinced there's anything legitimate about Byng's bid - although I'd accept it's very hard to see anyone being worse than SISU.

duffer

I am genuine that I will buy the club!*

*(I hope that sounded genuine enough, now who can lend me the money);)

Mate, I've known you long enough through this forum. No need to worry about me lending it you, I'll just give you the fiver.

Get yourself a pint with the change. ;)

ecky

I am genuine that I will buy the club!*

*(I hope that sounded genuine enough, now who can lend me the money);)

I will lend you the money that I haven't got, I'm a chicken farmer with a yacht I haven't paid tax on, and I will build a new ground with a loan from my mate that seats 12,000 no sorry 15,000 and I only want the money from the crusty pie lids, which I will use to sign world class players....

jimmyhillsfanclub

C'mon fellas - 'genuine'? He's been chucked out of his own professional association for dishonorable conduct, that doesn't qualify as 'genuine' to me.

At one point his 'backers' couldn't work out how to send an email, which was laughable. Then it changed to them not understanding the administration process. For a chap who has run at least one of his own businesses into administration, you think he might have been able to help them.

I'm far from convinced there's anything legitimate about Byng's bid - although I'd accept it's very hard to see anyone being worse than SISU.

Its great ain't it....our recent history of attracting bidders...

...total fantasist & breakfast buyer Dhinsa...
...Byng, who can't use email...
...& Hoffman with his £1 coin & a distinct lack of headed notepaper....

They even make Sisu look professional...

Brighton Sky Blue

The £1 Hoffman deal included a substantial settlement for SISU for their debts. Dulieu then went running with it to the press and the investors backed off-that Tango impersonator caused a lot of damage and scuppering that takeover was part of it.

ecky

Yes they quickly made a point with the Leeds takeover, actually grew some balls and made the right decision...
They don't give a rats arse about our club though and our dodgy owners!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

The £1 Hoffman deal included a substantial settlement for SISU for their debts. Dulieu then went running with it to the press and the investors backed off-that Tango impersonator caused a lot of damage and scuppering that takeover was part of it.

....allegedly £20m....but of course there was every chance (almost guaranteed IMHO) that this £20m would have become club debt soon enough.....

shmmeee

But if he took over he could just drop the legal action? Strange.

Unless (as I suspect) he's the preferred buyer from Sisu. They do the dirty work and he rides in as white knight.

Not sure I trust him. More media whoring and less substance than Hoffman.

Like any potential owner Id like to see his plan for getting us out of this mess.

Brighton Sky Blue

On the subject of dodgy investors, I see that Cellino has been disqualified form buying Leeds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26717044

It seems if you are a club the FL give a shit about they will get involved, but if its a club like us any stark raving mad megalomaniac can have a punt.

'"The relevant disqualifying condition being that Massimo Cellino has been convicted of an offence involving acts that would reasonably be considered to be dishonest."

Our benevolent owners never lied to anyone...

Covstu

Mr Byng has as much chance of taking over this club as skybluekid has of working out how to use the 'reply with quote' button....

Covstu

Dont forget Colonel Kadaffi's cousin or nephew or however!!

ccfcway

and Vince McMahon :)

Paxman II

I've said it before, the club will change owners at some point but the fact remains anyone can declare an interest without having to stump up some money for something that is currently 'not for sale'. Until it IS for sale and you know the asking price and what you are getting for that then why are you throwing it out there? The only thing that will change SISU's mind like anyone else is an offer.

Now let it be known you spoke with SISU and made an formal offer and I'll start thinking you could be serious.

AFCCOVENTRY

The fact is nobody to date has made an offer to buy the club off sisu.

If and that a big if... The jr is resolved this summer will Byng and his Chinese investors really make a bid?

It's going to take an opening offer to gauge where the selling point is.

Everything has a price.

chiefdave

The fact is nobody to date has made an offer to buy the club off sisu.

That may be the case but do we actually know that for a fact? We had the whole wrong sort of paper debacle and Ken going on the radio blurting out confidential information so we can be pretty sure some level of interest has been expressed.

Its in SISU's favour for us to think they are the only option so they aren't likely to say there has been any bids and equally there may have been bids from people who have chosen not to make it public. Not saying there have been hundreds of people queuing up to buy the club but just because we're not aware of certain parties making bids doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Weren't there several people who expressed interest during the administration process who were never named or did all the names come out in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread