Byng still interested in the club (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Could that mean changing our name to Hornby City, kit to perhaps yellow and perhaps Thomas the Tank engine becomes our sponsor ?

Moff

Is he backed by Dhinsa, Haskell and the Manhattan Group, if so its bound to happen. :pointlaugh:

Moff

Any danger of a copy and past job. It's blocked in work.

Here you go, its from the pinnacle of investigative journalism at Touch FM ;)

[h=1]Byng still interested in Sky Blues deal[/h]
Monday, March 24th 2014 10:00
469385.jpg

I'm still up for buying the Sky Blues - so says a Coventry businessman.
Michael Byng was first rumoured to be getting ready to bid for the club last summer.
He says any deal would be part of a bigger project to do up North West Coventry.
He says he and his Chinese backers want the off field arguments at City sorted first though.
He's told Touch FM's Nick Jewers he's serious about taking over.

Sterling Archer

I really wish these kind of people would f*ck off and/or not mention anything in public until something more concrete is happening.

All it does is cause a fuorore with fans who cling on to the dream of someone coming in, becoming our saviour and spunking a load of cash on us like a cheat code on Football Manager. 100% of these clowns coming out stating they want to buy the club, haven't come off since SISU have owned the club. At least Hoffman has took himself out of the public eye now.

These public releases don't help anyone. Fans get false hope and make judgements and opinions on something that has proved to never happen.

I'd be more than happy to be quoted on this post in the future and I'll claim it was a reverse jinx when Bill Gates fancies blowing his billions on Coventry City Football Club.

Gint11

I know nothing about Byng or these investors but right now I would LOVE them to buy the club in hope they would bring us home and put money into the club to make us good!

lordsummerisle

I really wish these kind of people would f*ck off and/or not mention anything in public until something more concrete is happening.

All it does is cause a fuorore with fans who cling on to the dream of someone coming in, becoming our saviour and spunking a load of cash on us like a cheat code on Football Manager. 100% of these clowns coming out stating they want to buy the club, haven't come off since SISU have owned the club. At least Hoffman has took himself out of the public eye now.

These public releases don't help anyone. Fans get false hope and make judgements and opinions on something that has proved to never happen.

I'd be more than happy to be quoted on this post in the future and I'll claim it was a reverse jinx when Bill Gates fancies blowing his billions on Coventry City Football Club.

I bet you didn't expect that the very next post after yours would prove your point so beautifully!

rupert_bear

A buyer appears to be our only hope, which is why these stories are a pain in the ass and brings hope, usually false hope for our dying club and it is dying

Sterling Archer

I bet you didn't expect that the very next post after yours would prove your point so beautifully!

I'm actually quitting Sky Blues Talk because I am now rich, due to putting my house on it happening.

Don't tell anyone though, I'm going to start 3 threads about how suicidal and fed up I am with Cov that I'm quitting the board, just so I can boost my 'likes' before my triumphant departure.

duffer

You'd think if Chinese investors were so worried about the legalities of the Ricoh issue they'd steer well clear of a man who has been chucked out of his professional institution.

Personal opinion: Byng hasn't got any significant backers, and this is some kind of a pipe dream or even worse a further muddying of the waters by SISU. He seems quite close to TF.

chiefdave

But what about those who defend SISU using the nobody else will ever buy us line? If everyone else kept quiet we'd all assume we had no other options as you can be sure SISU wouldn't be telling us what was going on.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm throwing my hat in the ring for this....

I'm a lifelong city fan, I'm a (reasonably) successful businessman, I know a banker based in HK & 2 city traders in London & Frankfurt...they've all agreed to bung in a tenner & a box of kippers...

So the bid will officially be made by an international consortium...and at £40, that's 4000% higher than Hoffmans paltry offer...

I'm just waiting for all annoying loose ends to be cleared up with regards CCFC....

so just as soon as the club own the Ricoh freehold & are back competing in the top flight, I'll be putting my bid in....

so let the wank-fest begin.....

Sterling Archer

I'm throwing my hat in the ring for this....

I'm a lifelong city fan, I'm a (reasonably) successful businessman, I know a banker based in HK & 2 city traders in London & Frankfurt...they've all agreed to bung in a tenner & a box of kippers...

So the bid will officially be made by an international consortium...and at £40, that's 4000% higher than Hoffmans paltry offer...

I'm just waiting for all annoying loose ends to be cleared up with regards CCFC....

so just as soon as the club own the Ricoh freehold & are back competing in the top flight, I'll be putting my bid in....

so let the wank-fest begin.....

Use the phrase "transfer war chest" and you've got my backing.

NorthernWisdom

You'd think if Chinese investors were so worried about the legalities of the Ricoh issue they'd steer well clear of a man who has been chucked out of his professional institution.

Personal opinion: Byng hasn't got any significant backers, and this is some kind of a pipe dream or even worse a further muddying of the waters by SISU. He seems quite close to TF.

Although there are many reasons to be suspicious (shades of the Dhinsas in terms of why stop at one global multinational when you can have three?) tbf to him if he did want to buy the club, talking to the chief exec would undoubtedly be a start!

Samo

Aint Byng the guy who couldn't send an email on time?

torchomatic

"I'm still up for buying the Sky Blues". Is that what businessmen say? Anyway, good luck to him. I'm sure his faceless Chinese investors are much more trustworthy than our current faceless investors.

torchomatic

That's right. He'd forgotten his hotmail password and then couldn't work out the captcha thing:

captcha-fail-nibble-abreast.jpg

Aint Byng the guy who couldn't send an email on time?

Kingokings204

To be fair he sounds genuine and I don't see a point unless he is. Look at what he says its true. AEG sponsor man utd and are huge d if after a midlands base with great transport links etc then makes sense to me.

SkyBlueRuffian

he sounded genuine to me and I don't blame the investors not wanting to get involved in the SISU/Council big kids row, best left to it.:slap:

SkyBlueRuffian

"He sounds genuine to me." Seriously?

When will footy fans learn?

we can all do the lets take the piss attitude so we don't look stupid when it doesn't happen role, but some of us are too long in the tooth for all that cobblers. Any hope of investment and a fresh start is welcomed by me.

Kingokings204

Was what Byng said wrong?

Didn't sound it wrong to me. Seemed to make logical possible sense.

Users who are viewing this thread