Byng bong.. warning a fault has been detected. Pull over..... (1 Viewer)

I am sure that many of you have seen this already. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-telegraph-letters-october-31-6259511

I am slowly but surely becoming less than convinced of Mr Byng’s involvement in this saga.

Could anyone explain why all of a sudden he has become SISU’s guardian angel. From my perspective, all that he has added to the debate is an additional layer of smoke, in an increasingly smokey situation. After the very clear and unambiguous statement from Ann Lucas he feels it appropriate to say this. (From the CT letters today)
Ultimately, any owner of the football club will, to be financially viable, have to build its own stadium in the city.
There is a crying need for leadership and statesmanship. Joy Seppala offers hope of a settlement to the city council. In turn senior members of the city council must also be prepared to break the deadlock with a telephone call to Ms Seppala'

According to latest reports Ms Seppala has now acceded to the request to emerge from her bunker and talk. That is good. He paints Seppala as the oppressed and the council as the aggressors. Is he so deluded that he thinks he has any gravity in this issue. He states that he does not take sides, but his words betray such a position.

Ann Lucas and her colleagues have been in my view very ‘Statesman like’ SUSI have been or are perceived at least as Tyrannical. Mr Byng should remove himself from the debate as he adds neither value nor wisdom.

Let Ann Lucas and Joy Seppala talk, unhindered by the rhetoric of those who contribute nothing. He states that ‘The argument between the city council/ACL and SISU/Otium cannot continue’ To that we will all agree whole heartedly. But Mr Byng, please stay out of something you cannot contribute too.

Let those who can, build rapport, develop understanding and ultimately resolve the issue.

letsallsingtogether

"He doesn't take sides".

Funny that he sits next to Fisher at matches ......

Grappa

It's weird how Ann Lucas has gone from 'publicity seeker' during her Marlon King boycott, to 'very statesman like' with her current position.

Grendel

It's weird how Ann Lucas has gone from 'publicity seeker' during her Marlon King boycott, to 'very statesman like' with her current position.

Very statesmanlike and Ann Lucas in the same sentence lol.

pugwash

Odds of Sisu selling the club and stadium to Byng within 3 months of purchasing it (if that were to happen)? Everything he says makes be believe that they have already spoken about it. Sisu would get a return out of what must seem like a nightmare investment so far, and Byng would be the saviour of CCFC.

skybluepete1987

The guy is a self-publicist, one of three personalities who have used this saga to promote their own profile, the other two being Les Reid and Nikki Sinclaire.

asb

The guy is a self-publicist, one of three personalities who have used this saga to promote their own profile, the other two being Les Reid and Nikki Sinclaire.

I could argue that there are more than three.

I really can't wait for a deal to be done so these people can all get their own individual parade around the city on an open top bus as the "one that won it" The traffic in town will be messed up for weeks because they are all going to demand one.

Grendel

How other than on this forum is talking about an issue no one gives a stuff about is anyone raising their profile?

Interesting you don't include the old windbag Ainsworth in your list. At least they do not hide behind parliamentary privelege like the former (worst ever) minister for defence.

ohitsaidwalker king power

How other than on this forum is talking about an issue no one gives a stuff about is anyone raising their profile?

Interesting you don't include the old windbag Ainsworth in your list. At least they do not hide behind parliamentary privelege like the former (worst ever) minister for defence.

Are politicians not a reflection of the people they serve G. For it is the people who put them there.
On this basis Coventry folk are all windbags?

duffer

Ainsworth has at least turned up some evidence to back his assertions.

Byng couldn't even get an email from his backers... no wait, erm... it wasn't an email problem, erm... they got nervous... no sorry, the dog ate my homework... and er all of this wrangling, it's costing the city billions... so a fat bloke down the pub told me... I think his name was Tim...

jesus-wept

Byng is obviously fronting these Chinese business men looking to get hold of the infrastructure around the Ricoh area, this is probably the attraction for Sepalla buying into the complex. As for us fans most are only interested in performance on the pitch. It would be an attraction to Coventry Council also and I suspect this will enter any private discussions that may happen, if not already happened. Back to this Byng character, i'm not bothered how shifty e is, who likes him, who hated him, if he can spearhead a new direction for the TEAM, great, since Jimmy Hill of the 60s and bar 1987 we have gone one way, downwards. Time for a change

sotv1987

Odds of Sisu selling the club and stadium to Byng within 3 months of purchasing it (if that were to happen)? Everything he says makes be believe that they have already spoken about it. Sisu would get a return out of what must seem like a nightmare investment so far, and Byng would be the saviour of CCFC.

100% agree, i am sure he is stiring it all up to get CCC to sell to SISU at a reduced price so he can nip in and buy it from them, has he got Coventry's best interests at heart, or his Chink investors?????

jesus-wept

Chinese love English football, and hate being second best infact refuse to be second best. They are good at what they do in business and would come into any thing connected to the Ricoh football related or otherwise with their eyes open and homework done.

Users who are viewing this thread