Butts Park ruled out (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Its a good conspiracy theory. But Jon Sharp has been clear and consistent; the ground will be developed for the needs, requirement and benefit of Coventry Rugby Club. He is very committed and driven to continue the progress the club has made at developing it revenue streams that have helped stabilise the club financial position. It's people on here who have distorted what he has previously said.
He seems to always choose his words very carefully. This is the first time I've heard him mention the council as a reason for not working with the club.
"We rely on a good relationship with Coventry City Council and are talking to them about how to develop this ground. But how can we do that supporting someone who is suing them."

Captain Dart

Its a good conspiracy theory. But Jon Sharp has been clear and consistent; the ground will be developed for the needs, requirement and benefit of Coventry Rugby Club. He is very committed and driven to continue the progress the club has made at developing it revenue streams that have helped stabilise the club financial position. It's people on here who have distorted what he has previously said.

Always seemed clear to me, he wants a ground suitable for Cov Rugby, something like 8-6K capacity with some money making leisure facilities built in.
Why would he want much more than that unless Cov's circumstances change drastically.

bawtryneal

Wasps have us by nothing. Just as fucked as us with debt, no crowds just the stadium. We'll be back at the Ricoh, they need are income (however little)

Wasps may need our rent but in reality it is a drop in the ocean compared to their big picture. One of the obstacles to refinancing for them will be the SISU court cases.
Where do we play next season if not at the Ricoh?
If they move us out of Coventry that is surely the end !
That it why I said big decision time. Drop the court cases or keep the litigation going and sell up.

fernandopartridge

Wasps may need our rent but in reality it is a drop in the ocean compared to their big picture. One of the obstacles to refinancing for them will be the SISU court cases.
Where do we play next season if not at the Ricoh?
If they move us out of Coventry that is surely the end !
That it why I said big decision time. Drop the court cases or keep the litigation going and sell up.

You say that, but it's 23 + 'events' bringing some f&b income a season that they'd have to replace from somewhere. It probably doesn't turnover a great deal of cash but they're not necessarily in such a strong position that they can suddenly just turn it down. That said, I'd expect a significant increase in rent to be part of any negotiation, probably two or threefold.

bawtryneal

We will see
Going to be an interesting start to 2018 watching it all pan out.
End of the day they wil only tell us half the story of the negotiations
Taking away my CCFC bias and was just neutral in the whole story I would tell us to **** off if we didn't drop the court actions. All the actions are designed to stress ACL and Wasps.

Captain Dart

We will see
Taking away my CCFC bias and was just neutral in the whole story I would tell us to **** off if we didn't drop the court actions. All the actions are designed to stress ACL and Wasps.

I'd make them a decent offer conditional on dropping the actions but let City stay even if they didn't as kicking City out may well have negative consequences for Wasps in the PR game.

However in the event the actions continue I'd require a much increased rent including a contingency to cover court fees.

Ashdown

Reads to me like someone at the council has applied some pressure and said they will make life difficult if CCFC are associated with the project.

Certainly wouldn't be the first time that has happened and fits in with the pattern of the council trying to block any move as soon as it was known about and later saying they could help the club if they dropped the legals.
Yawn.....yes its all the councils fault !

Ashdown

You say that, but it's 23 + 'events' bringing some f&b income a season that they'd have to replace from somewhere. It probably doesn't turnover a great deal of cash but they're not necessarily in such a strong position that they can suddenly just turn it down. That said, I'd expect a significant increase in rent to be part of any negotiation, probably two or threefold.
Yes we are of value to a struggling wasps and yes we shall pay more but lets be honest we're not paying a lot at the moment ! A deal will be done surely if only temporary.

Colin Steins Smile

Always seemed clear to me, he wants a ground suitable for Cov Rugby, something like 8-6K capacity with some money making leisure facilities built in.
Why would he want much more than that unless Cov's circumstances change drastically.
Coventry Rugby Club is on an upward trajectory both on and off the field. They have seen the effect partnering with SISU has caused others and obviously decided that they are a distraction at best and untrustworthy at worst.
They are doing very nicely without SISU!

oscillatewildly

The day of reckoning is approaching fast.
Joy has a big decision to make in January/February.
I think we are nearing the end for SISU
Wasps have us by the bolloxs and can make all sorts of demands if they want us at the Ricoh next year.
No chance! On both SISU (you know what they say about cockroaches) and w*$#s 'attack plan'. They may have to deal with arseholes but as newly arrived guests of this city they won't want to be the catalyst that saw the end of a 134 year old sporting institution. I'd imagine they'll enter that particular ruck with feet planted firmly on the ground.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The day of reckoning is approaching fast.
Joy has a big decision to make in January/February.
I think we are nearing the end for SISU
Wasps have us by the bolloxs and can make all sorts of demands if they want us at the Ricoh next year.
giphy.gif

Hobo

He seems to always choose his words very carefully. This is the first time I've heard him mention the council as a reason for not working with the club.
"We rely on a good relationship with Coventry City Council and are talking to them about how to develop this ground. But how can we do that supporting someone who is suing them."

Why not quote it all?
"But how can we do that supporting someone who is suing them. It does not make business sense, never mind from a moral point of view. Our position has not changed."
Also
"Whether correctly or not, the current owners are vilified within the city. Whether that is fair or not, I'm not going to comment on.

"But we have spent many years re-establishing our status in the city. I'm not prepared to risk that by associating with City's owners."

Basically he doesn't trust them and a groundshare would be counter productive v the small revenue.

bawtryneal

No chance! On both SISU (you know what they say about cockroaches) and w*$#s 'attack plan'. They may have to deal with arseholes but as newly arrived guests of this city they won't want to be the catalyst that saw the end of a 134 year old sporting institution. I'd imagine they'll enter that particular ruck with feet planted firmly on the ground.

Where do I suggest it will be the end of CCFC

oucho

We will see

Exactly. Removing the risk of legal default bu forcing Sisu to back down is more important to Wasps than a seamless Ricoh renewal.

dongonzalos

Jus common sense really I am surprised he even had to say it.
I am gob snacked anyone thinks the likes of Wasps, the Council, CRFC ect would be trying to help out and get into business with people who consistently end up in legal action with those of home they do business with.

dongonzalos

We will see

Thank god ! someone who is capable of applying common sense and not just looking at things from a CCFC bias.

dongonzalos

Why not quote it all?
"But how can we do that supporting someone who is suing them. It does not make business sense, never mind from a moral point of view. Our position has not changed."
Also
"Whether correctly or not, the current owners are vilified within the city. Whether that is fair or not, I'm not going to comment on.

"But we have spent many years re-establishing our status in the city. I'm not prepared to risk that by associating with City's owners."

Basically he doesn't trust them and a groundshare would be counter productive v the small revenue.

He has had a large increase in fan base due to the fans who hate SISU going their instead. What then happens if he becomes the business partner of SISU.
I am guessing a lot of these fans have made their thoughts clear to him.
Also I am guessing he knows he is likely to pick up quite a few more whilst the football club is ran the way it is and the rugby club is ran the way it is.
I haven’t gone personally but do keep hearing a lot about the whole matchday experience there.

letsallsingtogether

Why not quote it all?
Also

They would have to spend a lot of money to accommodate the City.
People would then kick off because they would have to charge a rent to pay for it.
After all it is all down to the landlord paying for modifications;)

letsallsingtogether

He has had a large increase in fan base due to the fans who hate SISU going their instead. What then happens if he becomes the business partner of SISU.
I am guessing a lot of these fans have made their thoughts clear to him.
Also I am guessing he knows he is likely to pick up quite a few more whilst the football club is ran the way it is and the rugby club is ran the way it is.
I haven’t gone personally but do keep hearing a lot about the whole matchday experience there.
Yes the matchday experience is excellent have been up 3 times this season there are plenty of City fans up there.
Next home game is the children' Xmas party they give them free team shiirts drinks, food and more.
At half time they give out balls and let the kids run amok on the pitch, it is a good day out.

You pay 15 quid sit or stand where you want the faggot and pea batches are great, and you can watch the game with your 2 pint plastic glass.

bawtryneal

Exactly. Removing the risk of legal default bu forcing Sisu to back down is more important to Wasps than a seamless Ricoh renewal.

Did you make it to Bawtry at the weekend.?
80 degrees over here. Tempted to stop until Xmas.

oscillatewildly

Where do I suggest it will be the end of CCFC
You didn't. But your insistence that the insects have got us by the short and curlies and will make "all sorts of demands" during negotiations for an extension of lease might just lead to no deal, which might lead to us having nowhere to fulfil our home fixture obligations which might just lead to......

zuni

sorry if this has been asked and answered before, can sisu sell and still maintain the JR2...or would it end / the new owners get the compensation should the review be successful?

stevefloyd

AC and Inter do a groundshare that works although that is Intra league/Intrasport groundsharing ours would be Intersport where the 2 teams are playing different games and skullduggery the game Shitsu are playing

skybluetony176

sorry if this has been asked and answered before, can sisu sell and still maintain the JR2...or would it end / the new owners get the compensation should the review be successful?

Not as clear cut as JR1. JR2 is being brought by the club and ARVO officially not SISU. If SISU sell the club I would think that they would also sell the rights for access to any compensation unless they sued the club for it, if they sell the club I’m guessing that the new owners could just pull the club out of JR2. Not sure if this would end JR2 or ARVO could continue with it on it’s own. Either way it’s complicated and imo this is why we’re stuck with SISU until JR2 has ran it’s course.

Captain Dart

You didn't. But your insistence that the insects have got us by the short and curlies and will make "all sorts of demands" during negotiations for an extension of lease might just lead to no deal, which might lead to us having nowhere to fulfil our home fixture obligations which might just lead to......
...a Hoffman take over? :emoji_confused:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
least thats put to bed and we can get on with it, now what other shite they gonna say they are looking at for new home, well stay at the ricoh i cant see why not, wasps are having financial issues we help pay some the mortgage.

Liquid Gold

Not as clear cut as JR1. JR2 is being brought by the club and ARVO officially not SISU. If SISU sell the club I would think that they would also sell the rights for access to any compensation unless they sued the club for it, if they sell the club I’m guessing that the new owners could just pull the club out of JR2. Not sure if this would end JR2 or ARVO could continue with it on it’s own. Either way it’s complicated and imo this is why we’re stuck with SISU until JR2 has ran it’s course.
The way I see it is if sisu wanted to sell the club and continue legal action then they would have to retain Otium Ent Ltd but sell all it's assests (players, Ryton & golden share) to the prospective new owner.

bawtryneal

So, if you were Wasps owners what would you do ?
Welcome us with open arms or use the Ricoh as a strong bargaining tool.

Users who are viewing this thread